“Nice hotel, but examine your room charges carefully”
Review of Citrus Goa

Citrus Goa
Ranked #5 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Stockport
“Nice hotel, but examine your room charges carefully”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days and found the room & hotel to be good overall.
When I came to leave the hotel, I was presented with a bill for about £25 for phone calls which I had not made. After resolving this matter, I asked to pay for my only other room charge - wifi (£9 for 3 days access & their card machine refused my debit card. This meant having to go to an ATM machine to draw out money. To be fair, this may not have been the hotel's fault, but make sure you settle up a good hour before you wish to leave. I thinks it's time for hotels to include wifi nowadays, not make it as an expensive extra.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ru553
RahulDMehta, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this review, February 26, 2014

Namaste!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We deeply regret the extra charge, it was an honest system error and I can assure you is not a regular feature in the hotel.
We do wish to see you again at Citrus on your next visit to Goa and hope you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again.

Rahul Mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Finnish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The property is located in a 10-15 min walking distance to Calangute beach. The hotel is very well maintained and clean. The rooms are not very big but planned very well. The staff are courteous and helpful.I was there for one night with a 1 year old infant it was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good and had a great spread. I found the hotel a tad bit overpriced but it was worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Namaste!

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. We to pride ourselves in our Hotel like an oasis right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Calangute. The rooms are well planned and stocked with upscale amenities for our guests.

Our breakfast buffet is the best in the area and comparable to the big guns.

It will be our pleasure to host you again when next in Goa. Hoping to see you soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had visited Citrus in various parts of the country and the one in Goa reached my expectations again. The hotel is not very large and lavish, but the cozy, soothing and relaxing appeal of the hotel is excellent. It is set in Calangute, one of Goa's most happening place with shopping centers, rental scooters and taxis, eateries and of course two famous beaches, Baga and Calangute. The food is exceptional and offers a variety of delicacies and cuisines especially sea food and pizzas.The grilled fish is a must-try. The rooms are very pleasant and homely. Again they are not luxurious but are very well maintained. The pool and spa are good. The gym is not very well equipped. The hotel has given a keen eye of detail towards service which is great. It is definitely affordable and value for money with clean rooms and wonderful service. Must try for exceptional service, succulent food, tidy rooms and a good unwinding experience.

Room Tip: Prefer pool view rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr Jilani,

Namaste!

It is always a pleasure to host you and your colleagues. We are delighted at the kind of rapport which we have established over the past year since you started visiting us and firmly see you as part of our extended family which increases every time a guest checks in.

Hoping to see you again soon.

Mumbai
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The hotel is situated at the very edge of Candolim towards Calangute (and other more popular beaches of Goa) and is very popular among people who don't want to spend too much time in commuting to North Goa part destinations. The hotel is very predictable and boring. Food is strictly ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Animesh,

Namaste!

we are happy that you liked the location of the hotel & your points on the food are well taken. We are actually known for our food and this will help me analyse what could we do better to uplift it further.
We do try and have a break in the hotel, Wednesdays are dedicated to Rajasthani dance performance with a live food counters where as Friday and Saturday we have live singers along with Live BBQ, Grill and other delicacies on offer.

we do hope that you will visit once again to see the difference.

warm regards,

Kolkata
Reviewed February 13, 2014

At the onset i would like to thank the other travellers whose reviews helped me select this property. I was travelling with my 7 months old infant and was very skeptical about the service but i must admit right from house keeping to in room dining the service was perfect. I was a little dissapointed with the staff at the reception who lacked a smile on their face.
The rooms were big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The housekeeping boys specially Narayan and Ilu ensured that our rooms were done properly, as with a little infant it did become very untidy. The food is bit on the expensive side but it was good. A special thanks to the chef who always ensured that all my demands for my little infant was immediately met. All the staffs were very warm and prompt in their service. The location is perfect as it is just 5 mins walking distance to calungute beach and a 5 mins drive to Baga Beach.
To sum it up i highly recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank vineetkansal
ShyamSharma, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this review, January 29, 2017
Namaste !!!

I appreciate the feedback you have shared about your experience with us. Such feedback helps us to learn better and improvise on our areas of improvement.

I am absolutely disheartened to learn that you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and mishaps. Thank you once again for highlighting the shortcomings, rest assured our team has been briefed and we are in the process of adopting serious measures to ensure that no guest is inconvenienced.

My team and I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great place to go with friends.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and even managed to conspire with my fiancée to set up some drinks and a cake for my 30th birthday.

Pool area is great and breakfast is tasty.

Overall it's not bad for the money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnRoseJnr

Namaste !!!

Thank you for the sharing this lovely review about your recent stay at Citrus Goa.

I am happy to learn we turned your stay into a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the quality of service and dedication of our team members.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests the very best and we are glad you recognized our efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Premiere rooms. The hotel is located around 5 mins from beach. I was not much impressed with the hotel.
- We reached around 11:30 am and were given rooms at 02:00pm. So not off to a good start.
- Staff was ok. No warm welcome or smiling faces here.
- Pool was small and Max depth 4 foot.
- Not much variety in breakfast.

Though at a slightly higher price, novotel is a much better option.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amit9921
Namaste !!!

We hope you give us a chance to serve you better.

Shyam Sharma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
Hard Rock Hotel Goa
#10 of 110 in Calangute

Been to Citrus Goa? Share your experiences!