“Good location and relaxing surroundings”
Review of Citrus Goa

Citrus Goa
Ranked #5 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Great place to go with friends.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and even managed to conspire with my fiancée to set up some drinks and a cake for my 30th birthday.

Pool area is great and breakfast is tasty.

Overall it's not bad for the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnRoseJnr
ShyamSharma, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2017

Namaste !!!

Thank you for the sharing this lovely review about your recent stay at Citrus Goa.

I am happy to learn we turned your stay into a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the quality of service and dedication of our team members.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests the very best and we are glad you recognized our efforts.

There are newer reviews for Citrus Goa

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Premiere rooms. The hotel is located around 5 mins from beach. I was not much impressed with the hotel.
- We reached around 11:30 am and were given rooms at 02:00pm. So not off to a good start.
- Staff was ok. No warm welcome or smiling faces here.
- Pool was small and Max depth 4 foot.
- Not much variety in breakfast.

Though at a slightly higher price, novotel is a much better option.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amit9921

Namaste !!!

I appreciate the feedback you have shared about your experience with us. Such feedback helps us to learn better and improvise on our areas of improvement.

I am absolutely disheartened to learn that you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and mishaps. Thank you once again for highlighting the shortcomings, rest assured our team has been briefed and we are in the process of adopting serious measures to ensure that no guest is inconvenienced.

My team and I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Friendly staff who maintain a very clean hotel made our stay a pleasurable one. Deepak and his colleagues were always available to sort the usual issues. On suite shower and toilets were great. We only stayed B&B but found the breakfast choices were thorough for all tastes with helpful and smiling staff. The first room we were provided did not have the best of outlooks but we were soon given alternative accommodation on request. We did have to learn some of the hotel routine by experience rather than anticipation due to lack of an information sheet in the room. For example the regular morning paper deliver, (a most welcome service) was accompanied by staff ringing your door bell unless you placed a "do not disturb" on your door handle. & No instructions on what to do if there was a fire. Apart from these small points, a very good stay.
Be aware Manchester flights arrive early morning and have to await room allocation at the hotel check out time of 2pm. However the staff provided a room as soon as possible (around 10am).
Thank you Deepak and team.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Highpeakhols

Reviewed February 3, 2014

the location is good. the breakfast is poor but the rooms really look like as 5 star quality. The price is expensive during the season and the pool is not big but the beach is nearby so thats why all customers prefer to go to beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Namaste !!!

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

We're glad to know that our services were delighted. Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on this forum. We hope to welcome you again it was a pleasure serving you.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to this hotel last year. I was very excited that hotel is near Calangute beach so it will be good hotel. The Pic they are showing on the website is also very impressive but as soon as i reached there my excitement die. The hotel is avg hotel without having professional staff. In the midnight there was problem in duct line. There's rat there when i called at reception they don't have any proper answer for that. The ambiance of the hotel is also not good. The room which they are showing on site is not actually that good. I better called it INN instead of hotel. The only good thing about hotel is that it's near Calangute beach. So i advice if you are really looking for good hotel never get in this one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gauravdata09

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here with four of my friends. Hotel is clean and service is prompt.
We got upgraded to better rooms.Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable.
Pool was clean and the main delight was food.
Breakfast was included in the package and had quite a variety to choose from.Had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious.

Overall good value for money hotel.
Will visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yyavar

Namaste !!!

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The name 7 place which you heard and excitement was vanished when we enter into the hotel, Cold storage Truck was at front entry (That is only entry) and we was always there for whole day. For basics like dental kit, soap you need to ask many times and management said that is Hotels duty and Hotel management said that is Housekeeping department’s duty... I am not there for who is doing whose duty. Departments blaming to each other and Customer is football in between them for asking small things like Room cleaning, TV etc.
1. Wi-Fi is chargeable when in all Goa, in small shakes on beaches are also providing good quality
Wi-Fi in free of cost.
2. Room service and cleaning is not default. It’s optional and for that you need to take follow up.
3. Room size and ambience is not as per they charge.
4. Parking is not in Hotel that is outside and away from hotel somewhere across the road.
5. As they said City view form Windows that is also not there. :D

Room Tip: They have Wing A, B, C etc.Choose infront of Pool area those have good view. Wing C is bad option.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mansing C

Shyam Sharma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
The Park Calangute Goa
The Park Calangute Goa
#8 of 116 in Calangute
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to Citrus Goa? Share your experiences!