“Nice & Warm Experience with Hotel Citrus Goa...”
Review of Citrus Goa

Citrus Goa
Ranked #5 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been visiting Goa, once every year from last 5- 6 years, however this was my first trip family including my wife and 2 two daughters. I had booked Citrus Hotel Goa from Delhi itself for one week of stay from 9th - 15th of March 2013.

I received a very warm welcome at the Airport itself by Sandeep since the pick up and drop was requested to the Hotel. I checked in on 9th March and stayed for 6 nights till my checkout on 15th March.

The room was large and spacious and could easily accommodate one extra mattress for kids. The bathroom was clean and had a shower cabin. The inside of the hotel had a green lawn and was a great boon for persons traveling with children, where children could play in the covered area without any direct sunlight.

The location of the Hotel was another added advantage since it was located near to the main Calangute market and walking distance from the Calangute beach.

The pool of the hotel was maintained well and was clean at all times. Had also taken the Spa service which also very comforting and professional and highest levels of hygiene were maintained.

The staff of the Hotel were very warm and courteous throughout the stay was ready to help at all times, which was requested a couple of times since was traveling with children. The Front Office Manager Jude M, The Chef Amit Jena and the GM- Mr. Rahul Mehta took care of all our additional requests and assisted us at all times. The buffet breakfast had good varieties for both Veg. and Non Veg. persons and food served was good.

Overall a great property having a fantastic location and excellent levels of Warmth, professionalism and courtesy maintained by the entire staff of the hotel at ALL times.
Good place to stay with family as well as friends and corporates. Highly recommended...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PawanHemrajani
ShyamSharma, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2017

Namaste !!!

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

We're glad to know that our services were delighted. Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort on this forum. We hope to welcome you again it was a pleasure serving you.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Citrus Goa

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We as honeymooners had an excellent experience as my wife did not complain about making breakfast for me. We did enjoy the breakfast. Everything was gud untill ants came into our room through a hole in a wall. We did complaint about it. They checked the room and said the problemwas resolved. Later that day we saw ants on the bed, even in empty glasses. The hotel compensated it with providing us room of a top category.
The hotel staff did not rest untill they were satisfied with our satisfaction about the issue. Pool was good but a little small in size. Overall experience was very good.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank hp010313
ShyamSharma, General Manager at Citrus Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2017

Namaste !!!

I appreciate the feedback you have shared about your experience with us. Such feedback helps us to learn better and improvise on our areas of improvement.

I am absolutely disheartened to learn that you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and mishaps. Thank you once again for highlighting the shortcomings, rest assured our team has been briefed and we are in the process of adopting serious measures to ensure that no guest is inconvenienced.

My team and I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had a 3 Nights 4 Days stay package in the month of March-2013. The overall experience was excellent. The main advantage is its location which is very close to the main beaches of North Goa. You can just walk down to the beaches and thus it saves a lot of your travelling time. Moreover the staff are very helpfull and always smiling. Rooms are cozy and very comfortable.
Overall i will give a 9/10...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Deepak778

Namaste !!!

Thank you for an amazing review on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your patronage, and I am happy to learn that your stay experience was amazing.

Your kind words of appreciation act as a great source of motivation for my team.

We eagerly await to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks in feb13 . Very clean with good facilities. The food was excellent for both vegitarians & non veg . Staff was very obliging and helpful. The chefs are willing to accede to your request for cooking to your taste.. Where else will on get that.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nagal p

Namaste !!!

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is located in Calangute, proximity to Shops, cabs, autos, restaurants and the beach.The overall experience was very very good.Very Courteous staff, always took the calls and attended to any request.Breakfast was a big choice of continental, south indian and North Indian varieties.Nice fresh varieties of Juice/mikshakes , yoghurt & fruits.It was more a brunch menu.It was month of March, not overly crowded to have any complaints or nuisance due to the tourists.

Room Tip: We were in the first floor and there was lift.The building has only ground + three floors, so not to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chandra007

Namaste !!!

Thank you for the sharing this lovely review about your recent stay at Citrus Goa.

I am happy to learn we turned your stay into a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the quality of service and dedication of our team members.

It is our endeavor to provide our guests the very best and we are glad you recognized our efforts.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We found ourselves in calangute for two nights enroute between south goa and heading north towards Delhi. Calangute really is an utter dump in my opinion but staying here can in a way save you from having to face the madness outside. The rooms are very nice and clean but as for the rest of the hotel there is plenty of room for improvement I think.

Firstly the front reception staff follow the very Indian route of just serving whomever shouts loudest. You could be dealing with them when an Indian national comes along and interrupts you with some query or need and rather than tell them to wait they will just serve them. They are by no means alone in India for doing this but it is infuriating. Also they said they would organise my cab to the airport for me, endured me that it was booked and then clearly did not do it. When we showed up the girl went to go outside to negotiate with the cab drivers, exactly what I was trying to avoid, and I just ended up doing it myself.

The pool area was dominated by kids and guys throwing footballs around the place, not exactly relaxing. They should not be allowed to dominate the pool in such a way by throwing a ball from one end to another while drinking beer poolside and it did not really set the tone of a place where you would sit when combined with the families and kids rolling though the place.

Overall no bad if you are stuck in calangute but not a destination hotel in itself.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Michael O

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Citrus Hotel
As far as budget hotels go this is a very good budget hotel. Except that perhaps I made a last minute reservation ended up paying a little more than I should have for a hotel of this standard.
Having said that, this is bang in the heart of the Calangute -Candolim stretch so if getting mobbed by India and her mother is your thing then, hey Citrus is centrally located. Having said that it’s not on the beach, but the beach or the sea of people is just a five minute walk away.
I was in Goa for a wedding so my time in the hotel was limited to coming over to sleep and breakfast and heading out. And for that purpose the hotel did suited me quite well. On my way in and out I did notice the pool, it looked awfully small, one of those pools you have so you can advertise you have a pool and then you have 7 1/2 people in it and it ends up looking like the last watering hole in the Kalahari.
But I must say that the staff are extremely courteous and helpful and pleasant. And I would say they could be like the staff working at the Taj. So full points to them.
The breakfast though a mishmash of things (Maggie noodles??) was actually quite good. On both days, whatever they put out was tasty fair and that is something even the bigger hotels can’t seem to get right these days.
My only serious gripe with the hotel was that one night I came back to my room to find it flooded with water. It was like the Life of Pi minus the boat and Richard Parker happening in my room!!! Apparently the water proofing in my room wasn’t that efficient and that night’s rain water had flown in from the balcony into my room. Luckily my suitcase was on the bed and so were my clothes so no damage done, but still not what you would expect from a hotel. I checked to see if I had left the balcony door open and that wasn’t the case. Don’t know if it was a one off and it was room specific but things like this shouldn’t happen.
Otherwise it’s a decent budget place no two ways about it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Peelipose

Shyam Sharma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
The Park Calangute Goa
The Park Calangute Goa
#8 of 116 in Calangute
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to Citrus Goa? Share your experiences!