“A memorable stay in goa”
Review of Tangerine Resort

Tangerine Resort
Ranked #42 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed in Tangerine resort last Sunday 13th April.I was on my honeymoon. I was very much happy with services provided to me. The hotel is very clean And well maintained.rooms are excellent! specially the room I stayed in, rooms are cleaned n maintained.the restaurant serves mouth watering dishes specially chicken tika.we preferred eating in the resort restaurant then eating outside. after reading the reviews on trip advisor I was bit disappointed before but after my visit I would like recommend Tangerine to everyone do not follow the. trip advisor reviews as all are not true.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Tangerine Resort

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had booked a Imperial Suite for 2 days 18 & 19th April'14 and when we reached Goa to check in, we found that our room was already allotted to someone else inspiite of making advance payment to the hotel and we had also received a confirmation of the same. The swimming Pool was filled with GREEN Water and the place was stinking. Our entire holiday mood was screwed up looking at the place and the management. I would suggest to all who are planning to book this hotel NEVER BOOK AT THIS HOTEL AS YOUR ENTIRE HOLIDAY WILL BE SCREWED.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank prashant c
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We traveled to Goa during October '13 and had the chance to stay at Tangerine. The place is just about average, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing downright bad to complain about. We stayed for 3 nights, got a free upgrade which was much appreciated. The staff in particular was helpful when required. Rooms are decently spaced out, the breakfast though is something that I feel could use a bit of improvement. The location isn't the most ideal esp if you're planning to enjoy the north goa way (baga, calangute, anjuna are about 10 minutes away) If you get a good price i'd recommend it else look for other alternates.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms in the building ahead of the reception
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2014

At first sight when we checked in , i was quite impressed with the architecture of the place and the rooms were quite spacious, however the positives end here. To start with the service of the staff was terrible and very unprofessional, random folks sitting at the reception who have no idea about most of the things including what time the breakfast is served . Was witness to "green" water in the swimming pool - probably full of algae and fungus . it was thereafter cleaned after couple of days of our stay for a huge group of teenagers . the cleaning process took no less than 24 hrs.

The rooms though spacious had damp walls in multiple places, the balcony doors wont open easily , the AC in the room felt like air coming from a paper fan, when I called the mechanic , he did increase the fan speed with a remote i couldnt understand, i asked him how to change the fan speed , he nonchalantly asked me to just use the remote to switch the AC off and on , Phew - A golden piece of advice , maybe i was expecting too much out of the remote. nothing to write home about the breakfast - pretty tasteless and cold.

when i asked for a towel one evening it was delivered to me the next morning after another couple of calls, calls to the reception for other minor issues got no satisfactory response or callbacks . However on the checkout day , i recieved a call right on 11am ( their checkout-time) asking me when I would checkout although having already informed the reception about a slightly delayed checkout earlier , talk about right on cue when it matters !!

All In all- terrible service , look out for other places nearby , there are plenty of options.my trip was only salvaged by the beautiful beaches of goa and the wonderful company of my wife .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank traveller_india2014
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed at Tangerine Resort for 3 weeks Jan/Feb.I was going to say that this hotel has not been maintained to a reasonable standard but when I read the reviews from the last few years it seems that nothing has changed & management haven't learned anything from negative reviews & it's always been as bad!This was my 14th holiday in Goa so I do know a little of what to expect,sockets hanging off walls,mould on walls & plaster falling off walls,fittings never actually do fit,on flushing the toilet ,water also came out of the push-button flush on the wall!The list is endless but I can live with it,quite often see the funny side of things but I was not amused to be bitten to death by bed bugs,by the time I realised where I was getting all the bites from I was covered in bites.When I checked the mattress & realised it was infested with bugs I informed the woman on reception who assured me the room would be "sprayed" & after i asked for the mattress to be changed she agreed to do that.When I got back to the hotel later that day I was told the room was clean & everything was ok,I asked if the mattress had been changed & was told no,after I said I had been assured that the mattress would be changed & that I had no intention of sleeping on an infested mattress a phone call was made & I was then told it was ok as the mattress had been changed.I went up to the room & on checking the mattress I found that it hadn't been changed at all,the hole that I had spotted while checking the mattress that morning was on the other side of the bed,they had simply turned the mattress over!I pointed this out,another phone call was made & I was offered another room as that room was "a big problem & pest control are coming tomorrow".At first the second room was only to be temporary until pest control had sorted out the first room but ,when I said I was supposed to be on holiday & not there to keep packing up & moving rooms,I was allowed to stay in the second room for the rest of the holiday.Not a pleasant experience!If you want a holiday lying beside the pool this is not the hotel for you,the water was green most of the time & there is the grand total of 2 sun beds & a wicker seat.Breakfast was non-existent ,I never had one or saw anybody else having one,not a big problem for me as plenty of places to eat but might be annoying for some.After some late night drinking someone was sick near the pool,it was still there at 10 o'clock in the morning when I went out,plenty of staff had walked past it but nothing was done,they must have been waiting til the sick-getter-upper came on duty!!Sadly,all the negative reviews about this hotel are true,it's a shame really because with a huge improvement all round it could be a nice little hotel but,as it is at the moment ,I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jojil3
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel is managed by Harvinder singh (Father) & Simran (Son). first let me clarify that this hotel is not a 3 star property it is only a regular hotel with basic amenities. we have booked 5 rooms in advance before a month. but when we reach on 16/03/2014, they have allotted only 4 rooms instead of 5. Hotel Owners doesn't know about Hospitality. Room Service was terrible. cleaning was poor. i have never seen a worst hotel than this. when we came to the hotel on 16th, nobody was there OTHER THAN Receptionist. Our flight was at 06.00 pm from Goa. and they have given a car at around 4.30 pm. You may definitely find a good hotel than this. Don't ever select this hotel if you want to enjoy in GOA. SELECT THIS HOTEL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAYANGSHAH
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was there in 15th March to 17 March 2014. Problems starts from parking they had only 6 car parking that also someone will parking behind your car, you car will stuck for whole day. because hotel had no record for the parked cars, security guy was dumb. Bath room was too small. shower area door hinges was broken we have to operate it very carefully. No generator back-up. room service was very poor they took 1 hour for 1 bottle of water. Ohhh.... and drinking water was not there in room while check -in. flush was not working whole day. Switch boards were damaged almost hanging on wall. AC remote was not in room. Breakfast was terrible and very limited, other guest were fighting with the manager for food items and quality. no bread butter, omelet etc. no coffee....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip