I stayed at Tangerine Resort for 3 weeks Jan/Feb.I was going to say that this hotel has not been maintained to a reasonable standard but when I read the reviews from the last few years it seems that nothing has changed & management haven't learned anything from negative reviews & it's always been as bad!This was my 14th holiday in Goa so I do know a little of what to expect,sockets hanging off walls,mould on walls & plaster falling off walls,fittings never actually do fit,on flushing the toilet ,water also came out of the push-button flush on the wall!The list is endless but I can live with it,quite often see the funny side of things but I was not amused to be bitten to death by bed bugs,by the time I realised where I was getting all the bites from I was covered in bites.When I checked the mattress & realised it was infested with bugs I informed the woman on reception who assured me the room would be "sprayed" & after i asked for the mattress to be changed she agreed to do that.When I got back to the hotel later that day I was told the room was clean & everything was ok,I asked if the mattress had been changed & was told no,after I said I had been assured that the mattress would be changed & that I had no intention of sleeping on an infested mattress a phone call was made & I was then told it was ok as the mattress had been changed.I went up to the room & on checking the mattress I found that it hadn't been changed at all,the hole that I had spotted while checking the mattress that morning was on the other side of the bed,they had simply turned the mattress over!I pointed this out,another phone call was made & I was offered another room as that room was "a big problem & pest control are coming tomorrow".At first the second room was only to be temporary until pest control had sorted out the first room but ,when I said I was supposed to be on holiday & not there to keep packing up & moving rooms,I was allowed to stay in the second room for the rest of the holiday.Not a pleasant experience!If you want a holiday lying beside the pool this is not the hotel for you,the water was green most of the time & there is the grand total of 2 sun beds & a wicker seat.Breakfast was non-existent ,I never had one or saw anybody else having one,not a big problem for me as plenty of places to eat but might be annoying for some.After some late night drinking someone was sick near the pool,it was still there at 10 o'clock in the morning when I went out,plenty of staff had walked past it but nothing was done,they must have been waiting til the sick-getter-upper came on duty!!Sadly,all the negative reviews about this hotel are true,it's a shame really because with a huge improvement all round it could be a nice little hotel but,as it is at the moment ,I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tangerine Resorts a 3 Star Boutique Resort, welcomes all of you to the one of the best Tourism & hospitality destination in the world that is “GOA” the land of Beaches, Churches, Chapels, Forts, Caves & Sanctuaries.Tangerine Resorts at Calangute - Candolim Main Road, is a newly tastefully built Resort 500 meters / 5 minutes walk from Princess of Beaches "Calangute” & close to famous Candolim & Baga Beaches", offers traditional warm Indian hospitality, More... Rooms & Suites : At The Tangerine a Holidays resort, a world of contemporary luxury & architectural enchantment awaits you. Luxury, leisure, Comfort & convenience are evident throughout all the guest rooms & suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Tangerine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tangerine Hotel Calangute
- Tangerine Resort Goa/Calangute