“Hotel gone to pot!”

Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Calangute
scotland
“Hotel gone to pot!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Tangerine Resort for 3 weeks Jan/Feb.I was going to say that this hotel has not been maintained to a reasonable standard but when I read the reviews from the last few years it seems that nothing has changed & management haven't learned anything from negative reviews & it's always been as bad!This was my 14th holiday in Goa so I do know a little of what to expect,sockets hanging off walls,mould on walls & plaster falling off walls,fittings never actually do fit,on flushing the toilet ,water also came out of the push-button flush on the wall!The list is endless but I can live with it,quite often see the funny side of things but I was not amused to be bitten to death by bed bugs,by the time I realised where I was getting all the bites from I was covered in bites.When I checked the mattress & realised it was infested with bugs I informed the woman on reception who assured me the room would be "sprayed" & after i asked for the mattress to be changed she agreed to do that.When I got back to the hotel later that day I was told the room was clean & everything was ok,I asked if the mattress had been changed & was told no,after I said I had been assured that the mattress would be changed & that I had no intention of sleeping on an infested mattress a phone call was made & I was then told it was ok as the mattress had been changed.I went up to the room & on checking the mattress I found that it hadn't been changed at all,the hole that I had spotted while checking the mattress that morning was on the other side of the bed,they had simply turned the mattress over!I pointed this out,another phone call was made & I was offered another room as that room was "a big problem & pest control are coming tomorrow".At first the second room was only to be temporary until pest control had sorted out the first room but ,when I said I was supposed to be on holiday & not there to keep packing up & moving rooms,I was allowed to stay in the second room for the rest of the holiday.Not a pleasant experience!If you want a holiday lying beside the pool this is not the hotel for you,the water was green most of the time & there is the grand total of 2 sun beds & a wicker seat.Breakfast was non-existent ,I never had one or saw anybody else having one,not a big problem for me as plenty of places to eat but might be annoying for some.After some late night drinking someone was sick near the pool,it was still there at 10 o'clock in the morning when I went out,plenty of staff had walked past it but nothing was done,they must have been waiting til the sick-getter-upper came on duty!!Sadly,all the negative reviews about this hotel are true,it's a shame really because with a huge improvement all round it could be a nice little hotel but,as it is at the moment ,I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jojil3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel is managed by Harvinder singh (Father) & Simran (Son). first let me clarify that this hotel is not a 3 star property it is only a regular hotel with basic amenities. we have booked 5 rooms in advance before a month. but when we reach on 16/03/2014, they have allotted only 4 rooms instead of 5. Hotel Owners doesn't know about Hospitality. Room Service was terrible. cleaning was poor. i have never seen a worst hotel than this. when we came to the hotel on 16th, nobody was there OTHER THAN Receptionist. Our flight was at 06.00 pm from Goa. and they have given a car at around 4.30 pm. You may definitely find a good hotel than this. Don't ever select this hotel if you want to enjoy in GOA. SELECT THIS HOTEL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAYANGSHAH

Travelers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Kolhapur, India
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was there in 15th March to 17 March 2014. Problems starts from parking they had only 6 car parking that also someone will parking behind your car, you car will stuck for whole day. because hotel had no record for the parked cars, security guy was dumb. Bath room was too small. shower area door hinges was broken we have to operate it very carefully. No generator back-up. room service was very poor they took 1 hour for 1 bottle of water. Ohhh.... and drinking water was not there in room while check -in. flush was not working whole day. Switch boards were damaged almost hanging on wall. AC remote was not in room. Breakfast was terrible and very limited, other guest were fighting with the manager for food items and quality. no bread butter, omelet etc. no coffee....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed for 5 days, enjoyed every moment of it. Staff is friendly , people are free and most of all they are on their toes for all work. I would recommend this place to every one and would defiantly book my honeymoon suite here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was here for 5 nights and one of the best experience I have had in Goa till date. Rooms are clean, room service was quick and effecitent, swimming pool is clean, calm and peaceful and also 15 mins easy walk to the beach. The staff are very friendly and will help you with anything that is requierd from general Goa info, to taxi booking, to just being friendly :)

All in all, a very good experience. Would love to visit once again !

Room Tip: The room on the ground floor at the end is the best biggest suite they have, its good !
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I planned a family trip to tangerine by looking at the add in the Mid-day, i checked-in on 18th february, it was a great resort with wonderfull staff, they perform the best to make their guest feel the best, we were provided complimentary drop to the airport by the resort itself..

Room Tip: please choose the imperial suite its the best..
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was there for 4 nights with my wife its pleasant staying in hotel the service is good and the best part of food in there outlet wagha border nice room cleen room good staff good location on the main road of calangute near to the famous St Anthony chapple

• Stayed February 2014