Our plans for Goa date back to November 2013 post receiving a wedding invitation from a set of close friends. We planned & planned & scouted most of the venues which we could call our Pad for half a week , unwind & have fun at the wedding.
Post drawing on the budgets & locking on the top 5 venues that we did want to stay at we relaxed... A bit to much & forgot that vacations planned well in advance turn out to be much economical than ones planned at the very last minute.
We finally decided a week before our travel dates that it was time to book the trip to realise that the budgets that we did plan would only allow us to sleep on the beach !!! Post going through all the possible options we finally clicked on the 1st available option that we did seem to like & completed bookings.
While we did know that travellers did post their feedback on the venue we completely forgot to read through it & decided to read it a day post completion of transactions. The reviews SHOCKED us !!!! As we read all the reviews on the place we had thoughts that the vacation would turn into a nightmare & we would officially turn into roach killers for the establishment , the difference being this would be a profession that we paid for.... We even tried cancelling the stay however the hotel had a non refund policy. Being stuck with the venue we packed all that was required to kill the roaches , the room & make it habitable for humans. When we missed our flight in the morning thanks to the lack of planning by the airlines we thought this was a sign that the trip would turn into a nightmare. A decent breakfast in south Mumbai followed by some amazing coffee brighter our then damped spirits while we returned to the airport to catch our next flight to our so called vacation.
Tension was the call of the hour when we did arrive at our destination & we greeted by people from the northern part of the country who hardly spoke a word of English. With our luggage at the reception we made way to our rooms only to discover that all what we read was not entirely true. The venue has warm rooms which ensured that one does not miss home ( the rooms could have definitely used some fresh renovation) , no sign of any rodents forget the roaches. We slept peacefully & woke up fresh now that our fears had vanished.
While the rooms are excellent the breakfast was not that great. I believe that the venue would do wonders with a young chef who understands a world of cuisines beyond the south & north of India & could cater to the taste buds of travellers from round the world.
The air conditioning units too could use a bit of servicing so they don't scare people in the middle of the night with what's sounds like the OST from THE conjuring. And a few attendants that could understand languages except Hindi and could politely attend their consumers would be quite appreciated.
The property has the making of an excellent venue which would be frequently visited by travellers provided a few changed are made before the start of the new season. Even till then we definitely would recommend the venue to others.
Our trip finally came to an end witnessing heavy traffic to reach the airport, would recommend an hour n half head start to ensure nobody misses their flight
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tangerine Resorts a 3 Star Boutique Resort, welcomes all of you to the one of the best Tourism & hospitality destination in the world that is “GOA” the land of Beaches, Churches, Chapels, Forts, Caves & Sanctuaries.Tangerine Resorts at Calangute - Candolim Main Road, is a newly tastefully built Resort 500 meters / 5 minutes walk from Princess of Beaches "Calangute” & close to famous Candolim & Baga Beaches", offers traditional warm Indian hospitality, More... Rooms & Suites : At The Tangerine a Holidays resort, a world of contemporary luxury & architectural enchantment awaits you. Luxury, leisure, Comfort & convenience are evident throughout all the guest rooms & suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Tangerine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tangerine Hotel Calangute
- Tangerine Resort Goa/Calangute