“worst hotel”

and 1 more site!
Royal Park Beach Resort
Ranked #145 of 243 Calangute B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 15, 2011

i was forced to stay in this hotel by yatra.com as I had booking with other hotel but at the last moment they changed our booking and we had to stay there with no choice. i found everyone staying there was unhappy and the reason was easily visible. rooms were stinking. pool was dirtiest anyone can get in hotel. and owner of the hotel was very rude and non cooperative. overall our 4 days holidway was wasted due to stay in that hotel. and all done by yatra.com

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank akky1981

Reviewed December 14, 2011

i made a mistake by going to this place. the first day i checked in the room there was a leakage with the Ac , the Tv was not working. i was told that there is hot water ..but even that was not there. after speaking to the staff they said that they will take care but only the ac was repaired and nothin was done about the tv or the water...highly priced and pathetic food.. some of the staff members are helpful though... not good for privacy as the person in the next room can hear you clearly ......

Room Tip: none as i felt that most of the rooms were bad
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stephan d
Reviewed December 14, 2011

One of the most cheapest and sickest hotels i've been to,I will never recommend anyone to stay here,honestly nothing is nice about the place,the pool is filthy,the rooms smell like cr*p,the bath rooms were dirty and the bed sheets/pillows were dirty OMG,wasted my money there oh yes don't get fooled by the pictures they've put up,it's all LIES doesn't look as good as it is in the snaps,i went there only few weeks back with my fiancee and couple of my friends so trust me it's not worth it,not to forget the management are a bunch of lying cheating people,i had an argument with them about the bill because they made an error and they refused to refund my money i told them this will be the last time i was coming there and that i was going to tell people about that place. So yes if ya'll want to ruin your holiday go right ahead lol because i certainly ruined my holiday there.Doesn't even deserve a star!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ayshy
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had a short time to plan my trip to Goa. So took to Make my trip. I tried to find a good hotel, did all my research online. But October end, being peak season, all hotels were full (by that i mean hotels close to beaches). So I had little choice, and picked Royal Park because it also had a few good reviews in here.

Instead of going to this place, I should have just cancelled my Goa plans. It was a perfect disaster.

Guess we took a Royal room (if i am not wrong). It was way way too small. Didn't even have a balcony.
Reached there at 10:00 in the morning. As with all the hotels, check-in was at 12:00. I wanted to try my luck and asked the manager, if I could check-in early and the manager was really rude. So started my bad vacation.
The staff was totally unprofessional.
Breakfast was unbelievably bad.
One look at the swimming pool and I ran in the opposite direction.
They didn't clean the room even once in 3 days. I had to call them up twice to get their butt moving on the 3rd day.
And the bed sheets ... Trust me, you don't want to take this hotel.

Do not go by the good reviews for this hotel. It is a total waste of your money. If you don't get any other hotel, I would say cancel your trip to Goa.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Vinay A
Reviewed October 27, 2011

it is unbelievable to have a nice accommodation and very cordial staff with lot of personal care at justified price. Collengute Beach is at the walking distance. this beach has the facility for water sports at safe and economical prices. All this was arranged by the hotel personnel. food is excellent we tried only the veg one. I will rank it at the top and very much cost effective.
Dr H Agarwal
Jodhpur

Room Tip: choose any room but plan your trip with a discussion with travel department of the hotel it will be...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank drharishji
Reviewed September 27, 2011

we are really happy that we decided to stay at this hotel, the best thing about this hotel is the ever smiling and supportive staff and management, just ask for anything and they are more than ready to help you out at any hour of the day. The service and food is excellent and would love to recommend this hotel to everyone who visits goa. This is the only management of all the hotels that i have visited in my life that will advise you the right things. They suggested us the cheaper way to get bikes on rent, how to bargain with local vendors and even drawing a map for us on paper so that we dont have to ask any local about the routes. And the directions were just too accurate. I am so happy with their hospitality that I wish them all the success.

Room Tip: ask for honeymoon fantasy it has JACUZZI
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank VineetDaniel
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I had been to this so called resort (worst then a lodge) last year. I had booked this hotel true internet. I deposited 50 % in the hotels account & balance 50 % was told to me to be paid at the time of Ck/In. I deposited 50 % & then 1 of my friend said that don't stay in this resort because he has heard bad reviews about the Hotel. So I immediately called hotel 7 days before for the cancellation . (as per hotel policy cancellation before 3 days no retention) bt they told me that 1 night retention will be b charged. Then I spoke to their Manager regarding the review, then he said that you dont worry I will personnaly take care for your service. It was told to me that it is a 4 Start Beach Resort. Where as the beach is quite far from the hotel. Once I enetered the hotel at the ck/In only they started asking for money. I said that let atleast get relaxed in the room & then we will pay the balance . But no the reception staff were very rude to us & said that we only take the full payment then only we can give you to enter the room. This was very embarassing situation for us. So then I asked them to show us the rooms that we have booked for, then reception staff among themself saying to each other you go & other saying you go (they were so rude that they were not interested in showing the rooms to us). The rooms were very small & had a smell of some fungus. So I & my Husband were both tired so we taught that lets finish this up & pay the money & get into the room. The problem started excatly after we pay the whole money. We went to room & wanted to rest. So after 10 mins we received a cal from Receptions saying that you have forgotten your receipt at recption so kindly let. We told them that we taking rest right now. We will collect it later & we told them pls do not disturb. After 30 mins again there was a call from some other person (At reception) called & told us that ur receipt is at recption kindly collect it, we said that we already said that we will collect later & asked not disturb.

Later in the afternoon Wen I & my husband were sleeping in the bed 1 person entered our room with out knocking. He saw us but still he saying that we are having some maintenance of chairs so can I take it, instead of apologizing . I immediately called at reception & wanted to c the manager who spoke to me. He came & apologize & then he said that he will look into the matter. But we told him that we dont want to stay over here , & we want our refund. He tried to convince us but we did not get convinced. So he said that there is no cancellation after Ck/in instead you can get a credit voucher. We said that, how can you tell us this lodge a 4 Star Resort. U cheated us. Then instead of consoling us he started arguing with us & then he said that he wont give us refund. My Husband got frusrated & he said that we have come here to enjoy & not spoil our holiday, so we told the manager to take care of the service, so he said that he will take care of it. Later in the evening we saw that the pool was totaly dirty green colour like a fungus in it. So I asked the Manager abt this he said that they put some medicine shall be clean as sky tommorrow morning. We said ok. So then we sat in thier restaurant & ordered for food. It took approximatly 50 mins for the food to come, we taught that it took so time to come must be Tasty . Bt the taste was worst. My husband & I then went out looking out for some other hotel. We found a other Hotel Named Goan Heritage, which is a 3 Star Resort, but 1000 times better then were we where staying & it was exactly on the beach the rates were same & in the same price dinner was also included. We went to resort & told them we want to Ck/Out . We told them we are not staying even for 1 night so you'll can charge me full for 1 night & refund balance. the rate offered to me after discount was 2500 a night . But wen they charged for 1 night then it was 5500. Finally we had decided to leave coz we didnt wanted our holiday to get spoiled. We ckout this hotel in night only & then shifted to other Hotel same night.

So ANY 1 BOOKING THIS HOTEL PLEASE READ MY REVIEW & DONT BOOK THIS HOTEL. THE STAFF ENTER THE ROOM BEFORE THEY KNOCK & AFTER THAT ALSO HAVE NO MANNER. THE CHARGES OF THE RESORT IS OF 5 STAR. BUT THE SERVICE WORST THAN A INDIAN DHABA. FOOD WORST . PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF BY NOT BOOKING THIS RESORT

Trish