“A Warm and Pleasant Stay”
Review of Cap's Corner

Cap's Corner
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cap's Corner was a very warm and comfortable hotel to stay. The staff was very courteous, warm and welcoming. The location of Cap's Corner is very convenient and central which makes the stay even more comfortable. The food that they serve is very homely and tasty. I will be referring this place to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hellol Rohit!

Thank you ever so much for the kind words and we're all glad everything went well with your holiday & stay here. We hope to see you & the lovely Mrs. again, along with your son!. Until then all the very best to you & your family!.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked Cap's Corner on the basis of reviews I read on Tripadvisor, so had very high expectations.

I was more satisfied by the genuine, down to earth, non-pretentious service I received at Cap's Corner, than I have been with service levels offered at some of the worlds most renowned 5 star hotels.

The food is really great, and the restaurant on the roof is very pleasant.

I booked a Deluxe Room which came with a fantastic terrace / balcony area. The room was basic, but I was comfortable, and always had everything I needed. Most importantly, the room offered a tranquil retreat from Baga, which does get pretty busy at night.

My only reccomendation would be to maybe have a slightly softer mattress (just a matter of personal preference)...and maybe try to add some more English channels to the satellite TV package, although I was always able to find a good movie on, so wasn't really an issue.

I will definitely stay there again if I'm back in Goa, and incidentally I did meet some people in the restaurant who said they'd been coming for 20 years, which is a good indication considering the sheer number of places to stay around there.

Good service, good food, good room, good location, good value.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Hello Chris!

We were pleasantly surprised to see your kind review. Thank you so much for the same. We're all glad you had a good time at Cap's Corner & we're looking forward to welcoming you home for some more good times. Until then, all the very best to you!.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

A very charming hotel, where I immediately felt at home on my first visit there. Since 2000 I’ve returned for two weeks every year in February, and it have never crossed my mind to stay elsewhere in Goa. The family who owns the hotel and the staff is all extremely helpful. - What ever you need, ore what ever you want to do, they’ll ‘fix it’. The rooms are comfortable and nicely styled. On top of the hotel there is a wonderful terrace, where you can eat a nice dinner free of mosquitoes. The food, - Indian, Goan ore continental, is very tasty. You will definitely not regret a visit at Cap’s Corner.

Peter N.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Hello Peter!

Thank you ever so much for your generous review! We're very touched that you took the time to pen down the same. Our doors will always be open to you & as it has been it shall always be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is my second stay at Cap's and i must say that it exceeded last times experience. The team was as warm as ever and this time i noticed a lot more professionalism and promptness in service from my earlier stay. The room was spotless and well kept as always. The food was excellent, far superior to my last stay and we ate a lot more in house. My wife was quiet touched by the warmth during check in and the lovely flower handed over to her on check in and again on Valentines Day, making her feel special. Over all wonderful stay. look forward to many more wonderful times at Cap's Corner.

Room Tip: Fantastic and peaceful place to live. The warmth, friendliness and quick service stand out. Worth ev...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hello Rohan!

Again, it was fantastic having served you & we were so happy to see the Mrs. ! Glad to hear that she too enjoyed her stay here with us. Thank you for your frank review & we all look forward to serving you in the near future!.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here from 9th to 16th Feb, 2013.We booked a standard AC room. The rooms are good as compared to the price. The bed was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and nice.Electrical fittings including AC was in proper working condition.
Hotel staff is cooperative and helpful.For the complimentary breakfast, there was not much option, but I must say, the quality of the breakfast was pretty good.
The most important , the hotel was very peaceful and we had very good sleep at night.
The location of the hotel is also very good. Beach is at 10 mins walking distance though a shortcut.It takes about 20 mins walk to reach the calangute beach entrance.Overall our stay was nice and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Subhra_Kar
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hello Mr. Subra!

Thank you for the kind review. we appreciate your attention to details as we too believe in the small things that make a big difference. We are happy to have read of your pleasant & peaceful stay with us. We wish you all the very best & hope to welcome you home again, in the near future!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights and it is indeed a nice stay. It is located very close to Baga and Calangute.
1. Location is superb if you want to stay close to crowded beaches.
2. Rooms are clean and specious with a big balcony
3. washrooms are clean.
4. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

If you are going on a budget trip this is one of the best places to stay.

Room Tip: This is a nice guest house not hotel so just keep this in mind before you do a booking.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rajat J
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Rajat!

Your review is highly appreciated, thank you for taking the time to do so . We are glad you stay was a pleasant one and we hope to welcome you home again in the near future!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Good service and sweet people, the rooms clean and cosy and the place is central to "down town" and the beach. The staff are helpfully and serviceminded and we would love to go back another time, all the best from me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Capscorner, Owner at Cap's Corner, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hi Anders!

Thanks for the kind review, we're glad your stay was comfortable and an enjoyable one. We wish you all the very best for the New Year and hope to welcome you home, again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
Chalston Beach Resort
Fahrenheit Hotels and Resorts
Zostel Goa
Zostel Goa
#1 of 247 in Calangute

Been to Cap's Corner? Share your experiences!