“Go on, treat yourself”
Review of Amavi by Sumera

Amavi by Sumera
Ranked #1 of 473 Restaurants in Calangute
Description: Amavi is a fine dining restaurant in Goa that combines exquisite food with incredible architecture for the best dining experience
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Firstly, you need to know where it is as most Taxi drivers don't, once you find it you won't be disappointed, an absolute gem of a place, fabulous (but not over attentive) service, marvellous food, well priced drinks and a great ambience, dishes we ate included the Beef Wellington, pork chops, melting puddings and all sorts of others goodies, I genuinely can't find fault with the place, it's the best food I've eaten in Goa (and I've been going there since the early 90's)
For 3 courses, drinks and a great night it worked out at about £25 a head, this is dear by Goa standards but it's worth every penny, we'll certainly be cack, Sumera, we really wish you well, you're a fabulous chef and it's a pleasure to eat your food.

1  Thank NigelS1064

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Visited Amavi for the third time last night & it was excellent. The food is well presented & tasty as well as being different to the usual offerings in Calangute. The manager is a big asset to the business, keeping everything running smoothly & making sure everyone is happy. My husband was given a cold glass every time he ordered another beer & my cocktail was made with Absolut vodka instead of Smirnoff as on the menu. They are all so attentive & will change things on the menu if they can. I had the tenderloin medallions but they stuffed them with smoked cheese rather than blue cheese, tell them when you book though. The dark chocolate soufflé was also excellent & my husband had a cheese platter which is not on the menu but they were happy to do. The ambience & decor are also good, relaxing music playing in the background. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We ate here with friends on recommendation and it did not disappoint! The service and food were excellent in such a lovely setting. Hopefully we will visit again before we go home

Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

We had a perfectly average meal here, but for the price would have expected better in terms of depth of flavour (very bland with the exception of the pure wasabi paste!), variety and service.
Sorry Amavi, but not quite where I think you are pitching - you could do with a kids menu, perhaps a set price tasting menu and more favour in your signature dishes.
Kind regards
Kerry

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Visited a couple of times upon a recommendation....wow!! What a place!
Fantastic food, beautiful decor, and amazingly professional service, nothing is too much trouble. I just can’t find any fault. Can’t wait to go again next year

Judith & Adrian