All reviewsmaintained gardenvalue for moneyfacing the seaswimming poolsuperior roomawesome locationrestaurant staffnorth goathe cottagesbreakfast buffetawesome foodfirst floortea coffeeground floorvisit goataxi standnice property
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed with my friends in this hotel on 26-27 October weekend. It is a great place. Rooms are clean and beach is at a stone throw-away distance. Staff is very friendly and courteous. Our check in time was 12 PM. We reached hotel at about 10.30, but fortunately we didn’t had to wait for rooms as they were vacant. Sincere thanks for that. Also swimming pool is very clean. However then can improve on certain fronts:

1) Choice of food is limited and it’s just average
2) I feel the rooms, foods and amenities are little overpriced.

But on an overall basis we really liked the hotel and will our preferred choice for our next north Goa trip

Room Tip: They have a great variety of rooms. Call up the hotel before booking and chek out
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travel_boy4587
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Firstly, I would say the resort is just a another average resort. 3 reasons I would avoid this next time:

1) Rooms are just ok with little interiors and BAD pillows (Hard ones), rooms stink when you checkin- bathroom sucks..!!!
2) Breakfast is a favour to the guests- just sucks..no options to the guests- Bread, omelette, one indian curry, cornflakes, Buttermilk..thats It!!!..almost feels like you are living in the lost world or Big Brother!!!
3) No Private beach..not even safety to the guests using the beach!!!

The only reasons that I would get back is the staff- friendly especially the restaurant and the reception.

I would recommend a better place for the money here..in Calungute/Baga!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank skumar1975
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Located on one of the best beaches in Goa this place gives you such a warm feel from the word go. The food here is great and the hotel staff is extremely co-ordial. We were a huge group of friends and we had an awesome time at the pool in the resort with complete privacy and no interference from the staff. Hugely recommended for its value for money, good food and unbeatable location!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Room Tip: It has a homely feel with the best locations near by. The beach is off the hotel shack and the best view to dine with. Calangute and Baga are walking distance via the beach. Staff of the hotel are friendly and warm. A well run family business & I am sure it will stay that way. If you are looking for a good place near to everything, safe (even for single lady travelers), clean and mostly efficient staff – you need not look any further. Rosanna at the front desk has the answers to all your doubts and does an amazing job. Being a hotelier I can get very picky and analytical and the place was way better than I expected.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hart09
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Goa & 2nd visit to Chalston Beach Resort. Although this resort is still unbeatable due to its location, ambience & pricing combined, I found its value diminishing this year:
1. The restaurant staff has been changed this year & is horrible compared to last year's...they were more interested in wrapping up tables than serving guests! Food, although reasonable, is very boring & you run out of options if you stay for more than 2 nights. Music in the restaurant is too boring, old fashioned & stereotyped.
2. Behaviour of Mr. Chalston(if you run into him) continues to be unappealing & thank God we had Rossanna & Anthony at the reception to cover him up! This time Chalston has created a rule of charging Rs.1000 for late checkout of even 10mins! And he gets angry even if you call a taxi from outside!
3. The decor that was there on my 1st visit to Chalston is no more there. Lights have been removed from the beachfront & it looks like a haunted place after dark. The games were no more there.
4. After the numerous comments on various reviews about the breakfast arrangements, I really thought that they would see it & improve...but it was just worse than before! The same Pav & Chana/Aalu, boiled egg & omelette, tea & cornflakes! Am sure that this part is taken care by Chalston himself!

Having said everything, it is still a cool & reasonable place to stay. Continental food is still one of the best here. I would stay again, but give the competition a fair chance before booking Chalston.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family