“the stay at Monteriao was nice”

Karma Royal Monterio
Ranked #25 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed March 14, 2013

we had booked a 1BHK and the rooms had been upgraded and this was nice.

the housekeeping is always doing a good job and that is something I really enjoy.

the beds are comfortable and the bathroom was always kept clean.

only maybe the sofas need some kind of upgrade,
and, the kitchen too, because it looks now kind of outdated.

in my travels, the kitchen is always the most important part, because we cannot eat out much due to food allergies/restrictions, which requires us to cook our own food, most of the time.

Besidies that, everybody is very polite and helpful,and everybody was willing to help and find a solution to any problem if one arose.

the only thing I really really did not like was the constant botheration from one of the time-share sales people.

we already are time share members, and we get maybe ONE week per PER YEAR, to go on vacation, and, if one loosed one whole day, out of these precious 7 days, because a time-share sales person wants to get us to buy a higher membership level, or wants to sell us some other offer, then, this is really really not, appreciated.

Even if one tells them "NO" on the phone, they still insist that it is important to meet up.
We had planned out every day, of our one week stay, to do something different each day, but, because that time share sales person was so insistent to meet up, we had missed a whole day, sitting in a cold room,(air conditioning is just too high),with him and listened to his sales speech.

I think Management should seriously look into this matter, and there should be found a different solution for this,because this is a very big annoyance, and makes me feel like not wanting to come there again.

at the beginning of check in, each member should be asked, if they are interrested to know more about some new offer or not, so they have a choice to say no or yes, and this request should be respected, by any sales person, so no such annoyances can destroy ones week.

I come to enjoy my short vacation, and if I want to buy a higher time share or some other property in another country, then, I will myself approach a sales person.

This is my only complaint, but,I would stay there again.
I had stayed in Haathi Mahal also, but I prefer this resort due to location, alhtough, it is a bit far from the beach.

But besides that, everybody is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jodhagirl
RGBCMonterio, General Manager at Karma Royal Monterio, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for your good comments. We have noted your comments and suggestions and we shall forward it to our sales and marketing as suggested.

you can write to me at kamran@royalperspective.com for any assistance or query.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed there from Feb 17 to 21st and sorry to say that the hotel failed to meet an average satisfaction levels.We saw a rat in the main hall under the bed and informed the house keeping..They came and saw the rat but the rat again ran away to the backside of the kitchen shelf.Then the pest control team came ...and we can not even relax there due to the poisonous smell.When we complaint the front 0ffice said they can provide another room..But how can we assure that room is Rat free?Last year we stayed Royal goan beach club cavelossium- "Hathi mahal" and it was really a very good hotel...So we expected the same here and finally trapped here.Can not recommend to families with children.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SandeepNB

We have stringent pest control procedures and we did manage to get Rid of this pest during your stay which had actually come from the Big Holi tree which is right next to your room and where overall pest control does gives us some glitches sometimes. We have noted this and will be more careful next time. I am extremely sorry for your inconvenience and I can assure you that its just one off case. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed next time.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The whole family was staying in Monterio and we had booked a 2 BHK and a 1 BHK for the whole clan. The rooms are spacious, well ventilated and with beautiful furniture and decor. I especially loved the bathrooms with their pebbled floor under the showers!

A couple of kms from Baga beach, one can easily hire a bike right outside the resort for Rs. 250 a day (maybe lesser if you negotiate better than I did). Or get a cab to take you to Titos for 100 bucks. It makes more economic sense to hire a bike as it turns out to be much cheaper than the crazy rates the cabs quote.

If you're staying here on a Wednesday night, go to Club Cubana which has free ladies night - enter for free and all drinks on the house. Men pay 800 bucks and get drinks on the house. And if you have a vehicle to travel long distance, don't miss LPK (Love Passion Karma) at Nerul (near Candolim) which is another club that works on the free drinks funda (couple entry for 1000 bucks). It's a beautifully done up place with great music, great crowd and again...free drinks!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellingAlps
RGBCMonterio, General Manager at Karma Royal Monterio, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We look forward for your next visit. You can contact me on kamran@royalperspective.com

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Located walking distance from baga beach. you can go to baga in t he day and come back by evening. Very good restaurants in the area, but expensive.

Service is ok but staff is cooperative. Room service is super slow. Facilities are average.

If you are there on a weekend, then the night market is very close....about a 5 min walk.

I would not eat in the restaurant there. Baga is a better option.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the lovely comments and for appreciating the resort. I am sure the staff moral will get a boost with your appreciation and they will work with more zeal.

We have noted your comments on rooms service and will definitely resolve it.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The location of this resort is very good. Its located very near to the most happening place in Goa- Baga and Calangute. Titos is at a walking distance. Quality of rooms is good. Staff is very supportive and helpful. Facilities are average. Overall a good place so far as location is concerned.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amitjainsurat
RGBCMonterio, General Manager at Karma Royal Monterio, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The resort is an ok one with poor room and house keeping. The rooms are shabby with torned betsheets and unserviceable TV & phone services. The room service is horrible, u keep on reminding them but nothing moves. The standard of the room is also not good.

Room Tip: Don't choose this resort at all
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank VikashVerma
RGBCMonterio, Manager at Karma Royal Monterio, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I am extremely sorry for your disappointment on your stay. We value your comments and suggestions as its the only key to our improvement. If you could kindly send me your stay details and the issues you have faced during your stay it will help us resolve some of our issues here.

Please respond to me on kamran@royalperspective.com

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We simply loved the resort because of the following reasons:

1. Centrally located to Calangute Baga strip and Anjuna Vagatore beaches on the other side
2. Banged next to Mackies Saturday Night Market.A must visit for great bargains and great live food counters.
3.Rooms were well equipped with all the daily necessary items.They were clean and spacious.My baby enjoyed it.
4.Swimming pool was clean and well kept.Enjoyed there a lot
5.The small bazaar which had all the necessary groceries. Good part of the shop was they sold essential things by unit items like one potato and two eggs. They also had liquor at the dealers rate.

The only thing missing in the kitchen was a microwave.We had a pool facing view. There were some rooms which were at basement level so when asking for a room ask for ground or first floor.They didn't have a dedicated parking for travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your visit and appreciating our services. I am pleased that your stay was good and we achieved our objective in doing so.
I must also add that all our Imperial apartments have microwaves and for all other rooms we provide it on request free of charge. We also have dedicated parking for travelers at the side of our resort but unfortunately due to the boom in the market of vehicles lately it sometimes gets full specially during peak season. We have rented a part of public parking just opposite the resort for resolving it.
We look forward for your next visit.
If you need any information please feel free to contact me on kamran@royalperspective.com

Warm Regards,

Kamran Siddiqui

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Mykonos Blu
#2 of 15 in Benaulim
16 Degrees North
16 Degrees North
#8 of 23 in Baga

Been to Karma Royal Monterio? Share your experiences!