Karma Royal Monterio
Citrus Goa(Calangute)
$63
Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort(Calangute)
$45
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Calangute Towers(Calangute)(Great Value!)
$53
Tangerine Resort(Calangute)
$32
$39
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini storebaga beachmonte riosaturday night marketupper poolnorth goatable tennisstudio apartmentresort restaurantswimming poolrecommend this resortin houseindoor gameslive musichousekeeping staffmaintained propertypleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed there from Dec 04, 2012 till Dec8, 2012 with my wife and kid.{4 Days }
Our room for 1 bedroom apartment was really spacious, clean with a good bathroom.
MonteRio is close to the beaches of North Goa, easily reachable on rented scooters.like Calangute,Baga,Anjuna and etc.
i am impressed with the resort service and treatments.staff is helpful.
here is two swimming pools to swim in any time of day,both swimming pools are clean n good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
RGBCMonterio, Manager at Karma Royal Monterio, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thanks for the lovely comments and for appreciating the resort. I am sure the staff moral will get a boost with your appreciation and they will work with more zeal.

We look forward for your next visit. You can contact me on kamran@royalperspective.com

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We are just back from a weeks stay after a few years break and it was great to see some old friends still working there. We had a two bed appartment at the top of the resort. The rooms were comfortable but could do with updating with paint and furnishings. The food was fine, supplied by friendly staff in the Poco Loco restaurant. The manager, Kamran, has arranged some great entertainment something we don't usually take advantage of but we had great music and a clever magic show.

The two pools are well maintained but the arrangements for pool towels should be examined as on occasions no towels were available. The water channels by the lower pool should have water running through them to ensure no unpleasant smells. The grounds are well maintained. We also took advantage of a spa treatment which we all enjoyed.

The disappointment was Baga beach which had changed out of all recognition. The shacks are still there but further from the sea. The number of beds have been reduced to a silly number and are nowhere near the water. There are however a large number of jet skies, banana boats and other polluting boat rides; and a vast increase in the number of people on the beach. It's all a pity; a wonderful beach is on the slippery slope to ruin.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
RGBCMonterio, Manager at Karma Royal Monterio, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Mr. Francis J,

Thank you for the encouraging comments and appreciating the efforts of the resort. I take this opportunity to inform you that we did noticed the pool towel shortage incidents and have supplied extra stock to avoid future occurrence.

We look forward for your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Kamran Siddiqui
Royal Goan Beach Club - Monterio

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at this property during October 12 to celebrate my parents anniversary. We were agroup of 20 persons and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is the property for people who like to cook as they have decent kitchens . The rooms have been renovated and look clean and beautiful .this property is right at baga creak and very close to the baga night spots . Though the main pool was under renovation when we were there, the other pool was open .
Staff is extremely helpful but slow to respond . Rooms are nice and clean . One is 10 minutes away from baga's attractions. Best way to move about is to hire a self start scooter .
There is small water park next door but its below average.
The kind of money one pays for such a decent accommodation is literally peanuts. It's one GREAT value for money accommodation which ticks almost all the right boxes . If one plans to stay at north Goa, this is an ideal location .

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear BljBlj,

Regards,

Kamran Siddiqui
Royal Goan Beach Club - Monterio

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The resort is good but expect no great service from all staff. The staff at the breakfast area are excellent, so were the reception staff.

I found a lot of hassle dealing with housekeeping. Asked for an extra mattress, was told I had to pay an extra 100 INR...then I got one but it was so disgusting...it came after my 6 year old neice went to sleep 2 hours after I made the call...and I had to make 3 follow up calls to get it done right. Something quite simple...clearly something going wrong inter team for which I was immensely hassled.

The pool & games area were good. I got hassled by a time share rep more than once who asked intrusive questions like what do you cook at home...etc. I clearly communicated that I was on holiday and did not wish to be disturbed but she repeatedly tried to get my attention - quite annoying frankly.

Watch out for the 3% credit charge when they swipe your card for the 2,000 rupee deposit towards daily hotel taxes. Of this, strangely, they return the unused amount but keep the 3% on the original.

Also, I was made to contribute a 45 rupee amount which I realised only after checking my bill. Surely, it is upto me to pick my own charity...not for a hotel to decide to charge me and let me know after that I should inform them to take it off. A very unethical practice in my opinion...left me with a bitter taste in my mouth with these little things.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

When we were told that our resort was in North Goa, I was a little apprehensive. We've always stayed in the south and the beaches there are so much quieter and cleaner!! Our one visit to Calungute actually let us down with the number of people and the garbage all around!

Savio, our customer service manager was sure that we would enjoy our stay here. We scoured the reviews here on TripAdvisor and were really scared of what to expect.

We arrived there on Monday. The entrance of the resort is not eye catching...I literally braced myself. We walked up to the reception. It didn't even take me 5 mins to finish the formalities and we were taken to our apartment!! We had the top most apartment, a 2 bedroom apartment! The view was beautiful. Opposite the upper pool, the ocean and the mountains, the river...geez...I was thrilled. The master bedroom was sinfully luxurious, the other room was very comfortable too. The bathrooms were very good too. The kitchen which has always been a draw for us... Complete with hob, toaster, microwave etc...I was ecstatic...we as a family are not big on eating 3 meals a day..so a big brunch and a lovely dinner out was ideal... This apartment was ideal!!!

The room opened out to Anna maxing view and birds...they were mesmerising...a view which can keep you rooted!!!

What can I say about the area!!! Baga area was bustling with shopping and more than that the first night we went for an amazing candle light dinner on the beach with karaoke..Anthony's restaurant!! Lovely food and awesome atmosphere!!!

Vagattur beach...lovely sands...great time...sumptuous meal at Rasa!! A real find...we loved it here..we decided not go anywhere else as it was close to the resort and yum food!!

We decided to explore a bit. The staff at the resort were so friendly and helpful. They guided us to Ashvem beach..15 to 20 Kms from our resort...it was a jewel, a find unbelievable!! Calm, clean and so beautiful!! The girls refused to go anywhere else after that!!!

We went to the flea market at Anjuna and just about did only the beaches and not to forget the pool!! The girls were just not ready to do anything else!!!

Last night..jazz night at the Loco Poco restaurant, part of the resort! Awesome food, music and atmosphere..we enjoyed the Nachos, Paneer and the Fajitas!!! And the long island iced teas!!! What a way to end our last night in Goa!!!

Kudos to the Pool team, housekeeping staff and the security at the parking!!!! Everything was perfect and any small problem was attended to at once!!!

Thanks to the team at Monterio!!! It's a place we would go again!! And again!!!

Room Tip: The rooms at the top are the best..44 was ours and loved it!!! It's not for people who can't walk or climb but the shuttle service makes it great!!! I have knee problems but loved the limb...it helped ease out the joints...enjoy!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family