“dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Jardin

Le Jardin
Ranked #113 of 409 Restaurants in Calangute
Cuisines: Seafood, Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Southampton, United Kingdom
“dissapointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Got to say this is a different review to the glowing one I wrote this time last year
We went there twice this year the first time was fine but unfortunately this was not the case on the second visit
We invited friends for the second visit and we were very disappointed to say the least
The service was slow and my wife ordered a dish she had enjoyed the previous year but this was not what they served her
When we challenged the waiter the owner spke to my wife and asked what the problem was
When it was explained to her that this not what had been ordered she returned with some vegetables on a skewer as though this would somehow have been a solution to the problem
No apology was offered and the dish was not changed nor we offered a discount for their mistake
My wife did not enjoy her meal and we will not go back to this restaurant when next in Goa
The A Reverie next door will be our choice in the future
Both my wife and I have come to the conclusion that they have become complacent and taken their eye off the ball somewhat
probably partly due to the wonderful reviews they have been getting on this website

Visited February 2013
8 Thank Glockers1963

Darlington
“Amazing Setting Amongst lush Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

A must for the best steak in Goa served in a wonderful setting amongst the gardens of this fab restaurant. Definately recommend.

Visited December 2012
Ormskirk
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been 3 times and can honestly say I wont go back- its average food in a drab garden setting.
Service was kind of odd too, not what was expected as it looks quite classy from the road, will give it a miss next time.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank JASM1NE
New Delhi, India
“Stylish Goa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went there for dinner...my hubby had a beef burger which was ok but my fish was fabulous. Tried der mojito too but not being great fans of ginger we gave it a pass. But the ambience is beautiful....worth going for a special night :)

Visited January 2013
goa
“silent place,nice ambiance but food ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very nice and quite restaurant perfect place for candle night dinner. 5th jan 2013 i spent a evening there. The quality of service is very nice and polite.whatever order we had given it came very soon. They have multicuisine menu but as we heard before their continental food is very nice so we tried grilled fish with thyme butter and chicken cordon bleu. Grilled fish was really nicely cooked but for the chicken what they had given that was not chicken cordon bleu, as for my knowledge chicken cordon bleu is a breaded cutlet dish but they given me stuffed grilled chicken with mushroom sauce .
i had there special mojito which is really nice. I would like to go back again only if they would serve proper food.

• Visited January 2013