“Sorry guys - just not good enough”
Review of Le Jardin

Le Jardin
Ranked #162 of 440 Restaurants in Calangute
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been going to Le Jardin ever since it opened some while ago and it has always been one of our favourites with the only complaint being that they never changed the menu year after year. The menu has now changed but sorry, the service is BAD. The garden is still as pretty as ever, which is one of the features we loved as we always felt we had gone out for a real 'Night Out'. We ordered Filo prawns only to given ??? who knows but it certainly wasn't filo. We deceided to try the tandoor and ordered a couple of kebabs which we told the waiter we wanted LATER with my husbands main - he immediately went over to the tandoor and placed the order which I hoped wasn't going to arrive too early as we like to take our time!!
Whilst ordering some more drinks I asked the waiter to clarify that the food wasn't going to arrive too soon? and was slightly dismayed to see him go over to the tandoor counter once again to speak to the guy there - result rubber chicken (the dog enjoyed it though)
To top this off my husband ordered fish which didn't arrive at all, so when it did come he had to eat alone (this also went into said dog)

In the restaurant favour they did give my husband a free drink but then got the bill wrong. The waiter arrived with the bill and handed it over only to snatch it back quickly and return it to the counter. When it came back it had an extra 1000rps added ????????????

Result of evening - hunger, disappointment and a few rupees less to boot.
Will we be going back NOOOOOO

4  Thank Phoenix3112

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my wife, parents and two brothers. The food, selction ambience and prices were all very good. The staff were very courteous and helpful. The only negative points are:

1. They do not accept credit card, so make sure you have cash on you
2. They made a mistake in our bill, which we did not pick up. After we left the restaurant - we were actually out on the street, we were called back in by the waiter, informing us that there was a mistake. So we went back and paid them the difference amount, and left the restaurant, only to be called back in again! We ended up paying another INR 200.00 and settled the bill.

The issue here is not money. When you settle your bil in a restaurant and if there is an error as I just described, I do not think it is very professional to go after the customer once he/they have left your premises.

The staff were very apologetic both times, but I do think this could have been handled more professionally.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have been visiting Le Jardin for many years and it has always been one of my favourites in Calangute and that has not changed

The menu has been updated to include an Indian selection which if fine so there is a greater choice but if you wanted Indian food you could go anywhere.

The napkins have been replace with paper ones now which for me lets its self down hopefully the owners read this review and go back to what this restraunt should really be about

The food is still first class as my wife had the Carpachio of beef with Mustard ice cream for starters witch was superb,Then we both had Steak for our mains again superb

We will be back in Goa @ Easter and we will return to Le Jardin so its still a positive review from me,

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Don't bother with anywhere else. Seriously. I could not recommend this place more highly and my only regret was that I ate meals elsewhere (Republic if Noodle - good; Fisherman's Cove - poor to average, etc.). Astonishingly good value, excellent food on a par with a good gastro-pub in the UK but at a fraction of the price. I normally don't bother to review but this place justified one. you won't regret going.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food of this restaurant is just too sumptuous.Where ever you are in Goa ,you must try to have meal here-you will come here again and again!