“Budget Travellers - Look no further”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Divine Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Divine Guest House
Ranked #37 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Budget Travellers - Look no further”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

If you are budget travellers, this is the place for you. You get simple, clean rooms in pleasant surroundings at a stones throw from Baga Beach. The important thing is the rooms & bathrooms were extremely clean that it even passed the high standards of my hygiene freak wife. The rooms are basic with a comfortable bed and bare essentials but don't expect towels/toiletries/kettle etc - and mind you, you are not paying for it as well (easily the least expensive hotel/guesthouse I've stayed at in Goa).

The proprietor is a kind man - not intrusive at all (as compared to the over-zealous talkative sorts that you sometimes come across in Goa, who always have something to say about what you should do/eat/buy) but very helpful if required. He arranged bikes, taxi drops etc at reasonable prices and service was always prompt.

Will definitely come back here if I visit Goa again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank muthu_mohon
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on us and have appreciated the cleanliness of our guest rooms.
Well regarding towels and toiletries , we do provide in all ac rooms , in non ac rooms we also provide in the season time as the price is on a higher side comparing to the price given on your stay . We would have given to you if you had requested definitely... but thanks for understanding your end that these things were not provided as per the price paid at your time...

We would definitely hope to have you back in the future and do all our best to ensure a great stay with us once again...

God bless..

Raymond

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My bf and I had been to Divine Guest house last Thursday, I read the reviews on here n decided to check it out.
Not very far from Mapusa taxi/bus stand, easy to locate. The place looks the same like shown in the photos here.
Its run by Raimundo and Annie, amazing and extremely sweet people. Not once I felt we were treated like outsiders. The guest house is very very clean n very well maintained. Annie is very particular about her plants and they way she cleans the place.
Dog lovers, the couple have 3 dogs n a cat. One dog is very ferocious so please dont go near him. The other two are nice n friendly. So, that's all I hv to say in my review, there's a lot more to type about hw wonderful d plc is bt I'll leave that for later.

Thank you Aunty Annie n Raimund for an amazing place to stay, I will definitely come back !

Lots of love n blessings

Gavin & Samantha (Bombay)

• Stayed August 2013
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Gavin & Samantha,

We are so glad to see a review about the guest house and us, highly appreciated. So happy to know that you'll enjoyed every bit of your stay with us and even rated us well even though it was at the off season time( i.e the monsoons time) as we feel that we are not at the very best as we normally do at the other time of the year .
We really hope to have you back soon with your stay with us, we must also say that we were glad to have you as our guests, our doors are always going to be welcoming towards you both .

Thank you once again for staying with us

Raymond & Annie
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The owners of this guest house were lovely. We arrived in the off season and were the only guests. Rooms were decorated in bright colours. Bathroom a bit claustrophobic and basic but clean. Fridge in room a bonus! Quiet street away from the hustle and bustle of goa. Still easy walk into town, dark so bring flashlight or get tuc tuc if your travelling alone.
Big dog a bit scary if you dont like them, but its tied up and their for protection and safety. Felt like a safe place to stay. Decent locks on rooms etc. No internet even though this is advertised. A bit more expensive than other guest houses, but owners will help you out with anything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on us and are glad to know that you were happy with our service and found it safe. Since we were coming into the off season period, we have stopped the internet service to our guests and our apologies as we could not provide you the same as we should have removed out the advertisement at the premises. W really hope to have you back some day. All the best and God bless.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It is hard to find places like this in Goa where most stays are either awful or too expensive. I got the smallest room on the property for a real bargain price and didn't expect much. But it was a room sparkling with cleanliness, the family that runs the place are simply wonderful and hospitable people and you get to sleep to the sound of birds singing instead of honking rickshaws for a change!

My plan was to move on up north after just a few days but I ended up staying 10 nights in total at Divine Guest House - which says a lot about the place! It was with sadness that I moved on. I would recommend anyone visiting Baga and Goa to stay at this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EricaLundstr
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Erica,

It was really nice to see your review on us and our property , we are glad to see such a nice review on us, much appreciated and we thank you for the same. I am sure this would really help many other guests to make their choice and we hope to have you back some day in the future..God bless u and all the best.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at Divine guest house over a weekend from 29th Mar to 01st April. The rooms are well maintained, clean and come with a refrigerator and TV!! The family running the house are very very nice people and will do all they can to make your stay comfortable. They even booked my ticket for returning to Pune over the phone. The beach and the main Baga stretch is about 3-4 mins away and trust me, it is not a far walk by any standards. In fact I think it is good since it ensures a lot of peace a quiet through the day and night (save for a few barking dogs, but I am not complaining :) ). Only one thing that may be considered lacking are meal choices. We only got tea/coffee (awesome and well made ones at that). Unless you really want breakfast or your meals in bed, I did not find it to be a limitation or a problem. The only other thing I would have definitely liked is an extra bed. We were three and had to accommodate on the fairly large bed. All in all, I was very happy with my stay and will return. Thanks.

Room Tip: Consider asking for a room at the first floor. You may get a nicer view too.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank shri_19
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review on our property, we were glad to know that you had a good stay with us. As we were reading your review , we seen that you were looking for a meal choice which is not available at the guest house, to that we would really love to have meal choices or full breakfast menu choice to our guests which we used to run a full English breakfast for 18 years and guests used to relish on the breakfast but we have stopped from the last 2-3 years as now we are not able to handle that section. But we would still look if we could add a few items in the future, thanks for letting us know.
Regarding an extra bed, we normally operate on a double occupancy only most of the time in the year however in some cases we give it for a triple occupancy in some rooms and so we don't have that arrangements but we can always give an extra mattress in the future whenever required..I think that would help guests to be comfortable too..
We wish you all the best and you are most welcome as our guests at any time.
God bless u
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in Divine Guest House last weekend and it was a very pleasant stay. Rooms are extremely clean,with attached bathroom n a small passage. The hosts are sweet and professional and very helpful. Nancy can be a best guide too , if you don't have any idea of places to visit. :) The guest house is pretty close to many beaches and the market as well.I wouldn't suggest this place for people who like to make noise or invite unnecessary troubles. It's completely silent at night without any kind of disturbance n u wont feel ur in a city like Goa.(which is good,as you get a good sleep after a tiring day) The vicinity has CCTV cameras. People who like to have a home away from home experience,will love this place, for its simplicity, cleanliness,pleasant and calm surrounding.I would love to go back to this place,the next time I visit Goa.In short a really good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank SpoorthiSeethamma
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Spoorthi,

Thank you for your honest review on our property. You have said it all well , thank you. I am sure this would also add to may travelers delight and we are happy to know that you were comfortable with your stay with us. We surely look forward to have your next stay with us in the future.. All the very best and God bless
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been staying at Divine Guest House for many years - every time I return to Goa. The Fernandez Family are beautiful people and wonderful hosts. The Guest House is always clean and the Family are always there to help out with anything you need. There are various types of rooms to choose from and they are all clean and comfortable, and will suit any budget. The area where the Guest House is is the BEST location in Baga. Close enough to be able to walk to the restaurants, beach and shops - and it is also only a short walk over the hill into Anjuna. The location of the Guest House is very private and quiet - which is great for your holiday. Lots of beautiful trees and green around, it is a very relaxing space to unwind. I have advised many friends to stay at Divine, which they have, and have also loved it very much. Sometimes I have traveled with friends, other times on my own. It is always a safe, clean and comfortable place to stay. Highly recommended Guest House to stay in Baga, Goa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mikela108
divinehome, Owner at Divine Guest House, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Mikela,

Thank you for being our guest every time you visit Goa, its always been a pleasure to have you and are most welcome anytime. Thank you for the review on our property which I am sure will assist many travelers around the world to make their decision on their stay in the area. We wish you all the best and God bless.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Ancora Beach Resort
#38 of 110 in Calangute
Lua Nova Hotel
Lua Nova Hotel
#63 of 110 in Calangute

Been to Divine Guest House? Share your experiences!