“Simply The Best”

and 1 more site!
Cary's Hotel
Ranked #13 of 235 Specialty Lodging in Calangute
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have just returned from an absolutely fantastic 3 week stay at this hotel.
We arrived at 5 in the morning and were shown to our room straight away, with a couple of lads going in front with our cases.
We booked 1 of the 4 pool facing rooms at the hotel and we got exactly what we asked for. The rooms are clean, spacious and have everything you would need in a hotel, even down to a TV. The hotel is exactly as the pictures on the website showed which was a change to some we have stayed in over the years.
All the staff at the hotel from Victor the hotel manager right down to the room boys would always smile at you, say good morning and ask you if you were well.
The rooms were cleaned, fresh linen and towels changed everyday, unless like me you take you room key out by mistake.
We ate at the hotel a couple of times, but as we were travelling with friends we did eat out most nights with them.
I cannot praise the owners and staff enough for making our stay most pleasurable.
In my review I have marked the sleep quality as average. This has nothing to do with the beds or rooms, but with the Russians in the next room who would come in noisily at 5 or 6 in the morning.

Room Tip: Pool facing have a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cary's Hotel

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel is one of the well maintained properties, located 3 mins walking distance from beach. (Not the main entrance of calangute). Location, layout, pool and plantings (flowers, bushes, trees) are truly impressive.

We stayed there for 4 Nights. 2 nights in pool facing room on ground floor and 2 nights in pool facing room on 1st floor.(as the 1st floor room was booked on our check in date). Rooms are very neat clean.

The staff were fantastic Mr.Victor (Manager) and his assistant Prakash ensured our stay was perfect! Mr. Cary and Mrs. Laura the owners of the hotel are personally looking after management and reservation, Specially Mrs. Laura is very prompt on replying for emails and thats why the booking process is very easy and hassle free.

The place is located between baga and calangute so all the happening places and food joints like tittos, brittos etc. are easily accessible.

Awesomely beautiful location with very approachable management. All-in-all, a great experience. Will surely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would firstly like to thank Madam Laura for my daughter’s birthday gift. They were very accommodative and everything was taken care, our comfort was their priority at all times. Am sure there would have been no other better place than Hotel Cary's for the occasion. We stayed there for four nights.This is my second family outing here. The experience started from the gate, Mr. Victor, Manager at Cary’s and his team were awaiting to welcome us. Neat and tidy were kept ready for us. It was my niece’s birthday day we checked in, we arrived around 08.30pm they had kept cake ready for celebration. Next day morning they set up a table with surprise for the birthday occasion of my daughter our party started from here the same evening I just requested for a place near pool area for cake cutting ceremony, Mr. Victor got the complete place ready for us and he made the best choice of menu. Food was superb especially the prawn curry was the best I had till date, I doubt if I would have one. This party was like if we were guests and hotel cary’s family playing perfect hosts.We were allowed to use the kitchen to prepare infant food, we used the kitchen like we did in our own house.
About Hotel- its very well maintained property, best location situated very close to beach, between Calangute and Baga , easily accessible to restaurants and other happening joints.
Pool was maintained very well, we spent most of our time relaxing in pool. All in All complete value for money. It’s the best place for family and group outing, very secured and safe.
My experience does not stop here. I will surely run out of space. Be rest assured you will definitely not miss home. I cannot stop thanking You Madam Laura, Mr. Victor and his team – Prakash , Joseph , Suraj and rest of restaurant and kitchen team.
Hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights.The rooms were average and the hotel's atmosphere were awesome. We spended most of the time in hotel. Used the pool, it was neet and tidy. They treated us very politely and the food was superb. Specially the prawns and club sandwich. The price of the room was also affordable. We took the pool facing rooms. Any ways in a single word. Had a great time in goa with cary's hotel

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were a group of 12 who were in Goa for sunburn festival and stayed over for New Years. We got amazing hospitality from the owners and staff and the arrangements were very made. A very positive experience and the location and ambience is very supportive too!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank yashsinghania
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel from 12th October, 2013 till 16th October, 2013. The hotel is very near to Calungute Beach (5 min walk) and is very cozy and comfortable. Our Room was on 1st Floor pool side facing. The staff of the hotel is very friendly and happy to help.

Couple of Suggestions: -

1 Kindly start room service
2 Arrange for travel desk if not possible on self basis then have some tie-up with other travel agency in and around GOA.

I would strongly recommend any one wishing to go to GOA for a simple yet comfortable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A friend and I travelled to see some friends who were staying in Goa for Christmas during their travels of India. We booked a 2 week package deal to this hotel as it was a cheap and reliable way of getting to Goa.
On (eventually) arriving at the hotel it looked great, wonderful pool, friendly staff. The room was basic and the beds, whilst looking clean were full of tiny bugs. Staff didn't seem interested in doing anything about it.
On going to visit our friends, we found on our return that our room had been entered and a lot of our possessions stolen, including my passport, trainers, various clothes and even my friends dirty underwear! There was no visible breaking into of the room, it was locked just as we had left it and so it was clear that staff must have been involved in accessing the room for our belongings to have been removed.
the manager did not want to entertain our complaint at all and was quite happy to ignore us. The resulting call to the police met the same response! A trip to the local police station then showed how corrupt things here can get. Lots of waiting and the refusal by the police chief to accept it was 'stolen' and would only complete a statement that said it was 'lost'
All in all, I wouldn't recommend the hotel - the owner had no care for his customers and I would be interested to hear if anyone else suffered the same!
On a positive note, the pool was very nice!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
carla8249, Owner at Cary's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I do not know why my response was rejected. Let me reiterate that this person did not stay in our hotel, we did not have any English persons staying with us throughout December 2012. He must have stayed in another hotel in the same vicinity. We have CCTV we can proove, this review is damaging reputation of the hotel. pls see truth.
Laura

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort
Ticlo Resorts
Ticlo Resorts
#36 of 116 in Calangute
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
La Vie Woods
La Vie Woods
#1 of 213 in Calangute

Been to Cary's Hotel? Share your experiences!