“pleasant experience”

Ranked #131 of 210 Calangute B&B and Inns
dehradun
“pleasant experience”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I hd been there for one phase of my honeymoon (north goa part of my package) and found this place to be a decent accommodation. Its conveniently placed near calangute, all amenities available at a walking distance. But the bedsheets were atrocious.within 3 days of stay, I got them changed 5 times.and cockroach problem is also true. 2nd disadvantage is lack of in-house catering. It offers complimentary breakfast (which is below average) but for any other meal, you have to order from outside. They have an in-house bar, might as well have some setup for food.

Room Tip: Opt for road facing rooms.201 is good
2 Thank adwitya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I booked through cleartrip due to some special discount offers. The rooms were decent and even the location was xcelnt. However, what we enjoyed is the bunch of foreigners in the hotel. During the breakfast time, we felt as if were foreigners and they are locals. The staff were good to both foreigners as well as us. We all friends had a great time there near the pool with them. Will come again next month with other frirnds. Hope the offer remains valid for that time too.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel should earn one star however the staff was so friendly.

What was wrong:
-Lot and lots of cockroaches in our room
-Hallway was very dirty all the time
-Could not use the Swimmingpool, due to very drunk indians using it all day
-breakfast we skipped since it looked like the leftovers from the day before
-hot shower only until 9am
-overrun by young russians
-could not use balcony since airco was leaking all time

What was good
-big rooms and shower
-nice staff

Overall i wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ErikandJudith

Travelers are raving about these Calangute hotels

Lucknow
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have stayed in this resort from 28/11/13 to 03/12/13. I have lot of doubts about Rahi Coral while I was gone through the reviews on Tripadvisor, there are lot of mixed reviews about this resort. But I have chosen this based on its latest positive reviews & I am satisfied with this resort. Its one of the good value for money resorts at famous calangute beach.
Pros:Understanding & cooperative day shift staff, well located, daily room cleaning.

Cons: Dont expect anything extra from night shift staff, they are highly non-cooperative even if u ask for a glass of water they deny like anything.

Rahi Coral Management: Need to have some discussion & counseling with your night shift staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Ashish G
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Booked it online at the last moment. Since the hotel was fully packed, which they already informed to us, the managers tried their best and provided us a room after some time. The rooms were simple but big. They provided everything which was mentioned on the website, tv fridge ac.. But what I liked is the swimming pool view balcony. We friends used to sit in the balcony all the time or go to calangute beach which is just 10 minutes away. Overall, it was relaxing as we came here just to spend quality time.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Pareshpa
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Here goes my experience @ Rahi Coral Beach Resort, which I planned for my first wedding anniversary...
Day 1
When I got down from the taxi, I was a little relieved looking at the external appearance of the hotel. I was very hungry and exhausted after a tiresome journey. We checked into the room provided to us and guess what???? The rest room was so horrible. The hand flush was broken. The room was shabby and stinky. We were given an option to change our room and the second room turned out to be similar to that of the first one. Room 3 on the 4th floor. The hotel had no lift. So we had to climb the stairs every time after getting terribly exhausted everyday.Coming to the room, this one was kind of 'Okay' but just when I felt happy and relieved looking at the room, there was a power cut and to my bad luck,there was no backup generator too. There were no door mats in the room, no drinking water, no toiletries provided until asked for,no mug,no chair and no table. We had a lot of expectations on the food. For dinner, there were just for varieties provided for the "buffet". Believe me, I had to starve. Most of the curries were partially cooked, No water was provided on the table and no glass too. The left overs and the plates were lying on the table even after the people left from the table. Tables are cleaned only when we ask them to clean them. Hardly 5 members (staff) in the entire hotel.

Day 2
The room wasn't cleaned, the bed wasn't cleaned, the toiletries and the towelettes weren't changed. To brush, when I turned on the tap, the water was burning hot. In fact any tap in the room had just burning hot water till 3 pm everyday.
For breakfast, it was a little better may be I was to hungry due to last night that I didn't bother about the taste even when the tadka of the poha was over burnt, giving it a weird taste. There were just 2 options for the breakfast buffet. The plates were unclean, no water and glass provided on the table as usual. The sofa at the reception is too shabby and the hotel premises is shabby too. Managed to click two pictures of the sofa and the restaurant. The telephone provided in our room was out of service.

Day 3-4
Nothing different from the first two days, No proper food and room..Not at all worth the money we spent on it. Not worth of a 1 star hotel too. The swimming pool just beside the restaurant stinks.

Over all... Had a very bad experience. Entire trip and the purpose of our visit was ruined.
Would never want to go back to the place even if they offer an accommodation for a free of cost.

I will not suggest this place to anyone in my life even in my dreams not even to my bitterest enemies. Please don't go.

P.S. the only positive point about the hotel is its location, which is at a walkable distance to Calangute and Baga beaches.

3 Thank Vartravelfreak
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 23, 2013

this hotel is with no care taker maybe no responsible person own this property we had 4 rooms booked with this hotel online and confirmed from hotel manager shambu before reaching duty changed and manger rohan was there he also gave confirmation but while check inn he said booked is declined and we are total sold out claim ur money it will sent in 10days
so think twice before making any booking with this hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family