Here are some of the reasons i advise against staying at Lua Nova.
- The rooms have big mouldy cracks running along the ceiling.
- the bathrooms have varieties of mould i have never seen before (and i lived in share housing in brisbane).
- the floors are covered in dirt and dead bugs.
- the electricity goes out very regularly (i don't think they have a very good generator).
- the first room that we were shown looks like it could have been the set for the movie "hostel." bare beds - tiny room - concrete floor - very dark - mouldy everything.
- the second room that they tried to put us in (which only happened when we threatened to leave) had no air conditioning (it was broken) but it was slightly larger so we took it (NB AC is essential in goa - we were there at the tail end of summer OMG it was hot).
- The sheets were dirty - like DIRTY (weird bugs, brown stains, yellow stains) - we were used to dirty hotel sheets but these were bad.
- the guitar shaped pool had rubbish in it and pervy guys stared at my friend and i when we went for a swim (out of desperation bc it was so hot),
- breakfast would have been really really good (toast and a boiled egg) but the toast had heaps of dead ants/bugs in it.
In fairness to Lua Nova they did give us an ac room on our second night (the promise of this is what made us endure the first night). The room on the second night was pretty much the same re hygene and the ac was intermittant and directly concentrated on the bed (meaning i got a really bad cough).
My friend and i perused our other accommodation options around Baga and Calangute and this seemed like the best of the cheap places around. It's not as bad as some of the places we saw - that's for sure! I think that we were just really dissappointed because the hotel - esp the guitar shaped pool looked so cool on the net :(
If you are desperate to go to goa and can't afford to stay anywhere but here then i wish you luck. Make sure you take a sleep sac kand some kind of sedative - also if you tip big early with the staff they will be far more helpful! xx
ps: check out www.indiamike.com
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lua Nova Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lua Nova Hotel Goa/Calangute