“Lovely resort with good food....”

Resort Terra Paraiso
Ranked #8 of 113 Hotels in Calangute
New Delhi
“Lovely resort with good food....”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I would recommend everyone travelling to goa to stay at Terra, although not a very great property but the hospitality of this resort is amazingly great.Stayed 4 days and 3 nights, Enjoyed the stay,food & location..just 2 mins walk from Calangute beach.The dishes served in the restaurant were very good.. Very Nice Staff ... Especially RODOLPH. But there a network problem in the hotel , you cant receive or make calls sometimes its very annoying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We got fooled by the lovely reviews and booked this hotel for our honeymoon in December. It looks great in pictures, but the hotel is pretty bad.

The rooms are in very poor condition, and the non-pool facing rooms are tiny, The room we were given had a curtain missing, we called the maintenance guy and he put on some mismatched one. Furniture is old, dilapidated, and scratched. Our room was in a pathetic condition, even though we had mentioned that we were on honeymoon and wanted a nice one. We asked for a room change, they had only one spare room to give, but that was even worse because it was next to the noisy road and had stains on walls, seepage etc. The non-pool facing rooms have no space on either side of the bed. Buffet breakfast is ordinary, not great and not bad.

It's close to the beach, that's a plus, but you have to navigate small lanes to get there. The exterior of the hotel is ok-looking, but the rooms are really disappointing.

I wouldn't stay here again at all, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Go for known hotel chains, that's my opinion. You might have to pay a bit more, but you won't be disappointed. Please don't stay here if you're looking for anything that's even close to average. The pictures of this hotel are misleading. We did so much research and were so disappointed when we finally saw this place, because bad accommodation is a total deal breaker for us. I'd rather not travel at all, than stay at a dump like this one.

If you must book this place, please book a pool facing room. The non-pool facing ones are dingy and cramped to say the very least. Staying here ruined half of our honeymoon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DelhiTravels123
GAVIN A, General Manager at Resort Terra Paraiso, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review us here on tripadvisor.com.

Naturally, I was disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with our rooms and I am very sorry to read that on the alternative room offered also did not meet your expectations .
Your comments in regards to the poor condition of room is duly noted and will be addressed to the housekeeping and Maintenance departments for their immediate action. The room pictures are the same ,,we do not mislead guests . Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience these substandard room conditions have caused to you and your family.

I was pleased to read of your encouraging words about our pool facing rooms ..

May I thank you once again for your feedback and I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.
Jaipur, India
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I went to Goa in March with my wife and kid. The hotel room we were allotted was near pool on ground floor. The room was tidy but had mosquitos. We asked for repellent spray but were told that it was not available, instead repellant mats were available. The hotel is near beach, around half km away. We hired a scooty for 250/- per day for getting around. Food and morning breakfast were good.

We asked for spa services in the evening but we were told that services had to be booked a day before. It was surprising as the spa looked empty most times. One thing which annoyed us a lot was that we repeatedly asked for poly bags to keep our wet clothes from beach and each time we were told that it will be sent to our room but we are still waiting...!!!

Overall the hotel is OK but if you are looking for good experience then its better to look at other properties in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Saurabh_lakhotia
Junagadh, India
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at Resort Terra Paraiso with my family for 4 nights from 23 May 2014, Friendly staff always helpful, food was good, The swimming pool is decent with bar stools in the pool so you can enjoy your drinks in the water and children friendly..

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Siddharth1983
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had a wonderful 2 weeks at this hotel. Don't be put of by the dilapidated surroundings. It's an oasis of caring in a residential community close to the beach. The staff were helpful. The wifi is lousy though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gastonmckenzie
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Breakfast buffet ok, rooms ok, nice pool, convenient walk to beach access, staff questionable. A personal item was stored away in a bag in the bathroom. The house keeping staff open my bag, took the personal item out, used it, and placed the cap on the bed as a fish eye to complete a decorative fish made out of towels. The remaining part of the personal item was then put back in the bathroom and covered with a piece of toilet paper. First, there was total denial of the situation from housekeeping - they actually blamed me stating that I moved the item to decorate the eye, once GM was brought in the housekeeping staff member finally admitted to it, management finally apologized and took responsibility after 2 days. My issue is that resort staff opened and went through my personal items . Some ppl may not care, however, I think it is highly unprofessional and very disrespectful to me as a paying guest - I should not have to worry about my personal items being tampered with at such a highly praised resort, especially by it's own staff. Would not recommend to anyone to stay.

Room Tip: I would not stay here, however, if you choose to visit. Request a room facing the pool as the other...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank jenn c
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I must say all the review for this Resort are true and its truly an excellent place to stay. Very nice resort, close to beach 5 -10 min walk from resort... this part of the beach was much better!!!! Rooms are clean, Staff co-operative!!!!. I had a package for 3 nights which included Breakfast & Dinner and it was worth it the food at the resort is very good...

Its a complete value for money!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Chalston Beach Resort
Citrus Goa
Citrus Goa
#5 of 113 in Calangute
Whispering Palms Beach Resort

Been to Resort Terra Paraiso? Share your experiences!