“Horrible Experience!!!!!!!”

Ranked #91 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Pune
“Horrible Experience!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Do not go by the close proximity of this hotel to the Calangute Beach. This hotel sounds great for the amenities that it offers at this budget but this place doesnt work anything like a hotel. First of all let me speak about the room service. This place is designed in apartment style with 4 to 5 different apartment buildings which houses 4 flat like accomodations on each floor. The place is stinky and not at all maitained. There is no phone or bell to assist you to get in touch with a room boy or the reception. So everytime you need to call or contact somebody, you have to really climb up and down the stairs and get hold of somebody. There is no scheduled cleanings of the waste and the garbage is kept for long durations outside each flat on the stairs which makes the staircase smell foul and makes it dirty. The rooms are in pathetic shape too, specially the bathroom. I feel disgusted to mention that there were some kind of worms crawling on the toilet and i noticed it only at a very crucial time when i went halfway using it!!!!!it sucks!!!I had gone with my in-laws and it was I who did the bookings. With such conditions, we had to leave the hotel after our first night of our stay and look for an alternative stay(We chose the GTDC Residency at the Calangute Beach which had a front view of the sea and thank god we had a vacancy out there...it was a such a relief after this horrible experience). Lastly, i'll speak of the front desk receptionist at the night time...sachin...a guy with no brains and experience and he thinks himself to be extra smart. I approached him for some blankets as the night was cold out there(generally a blanket is a common part of a bedroom in a hotel..hope somebody teaches that to this young fellow). He sounded startled and was asking for some extra bugs which was ridiculous. The only piece which was in place for this hotel was the pool which I had enjoyed. If you are looking for a very cheap accomodation, go for it otherwise this place goes way down on ratings to make your Goa trip memorable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Debanik R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 6, 2012

hello visitors,

We had a great stay in Resorte Park Avenue in Calangute. They have an excellent staff. I wsh dem all luck for the coming season. Wen in goa do visit the pubs. the wine here is excellent. The Resorte too has a great booze zone. try it out, its cheap and good.

Thanks,
Joy

Room Tip: Take the pain of searching for rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank joytina
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in the begining of August 2012.
The location is really good right in the heart of calangute. Just 5mins walk to the beach & everything is available just outside the Resort. be it food, jewellary, forex, ATM's Doctors, Chemists, General stores, anything you name it you will get it within 5mins walking distance.
The reception staff will guide you on what you will get where. you only need to take the trouble of going and asking them of the same.
The staff are very polite and helpful but only if you are polite to them. if you are not they will take all what you say with a smile unless you dare cross your limit as you need to think that they too are humans and are working there for their living (I am saying this as I have seen the guys so good to me & completely opposite to some other guest. On going closer and seeing y this chaos is on I learnt the the staff were right as nobody will take anything if badwords are fired against their families. Will you take it? if not y use filthy language against others)
I had stayed in a Delux room & thus I did not have any complaints against the room 312.
The room was superb and the linen too was not so bad as described by the other reviewers. I was happy for the reason that I got the service that I have paid for.
I had a look at their Standard room, the roomboy cleans the room to the best of his ability but cant do much as the rooms are in urgent need of painting. Which I had brought to the notice of the front office staff and they said that the same has been brought to the notice and the same will be done by october & also that there are going to have new linen by October this year.
Oh I said Once this 2 are done I dont find any reason why guest will have to complain. and I hope that the guest who come here in October go back and put their valuble comments on Trip Advisor. As so many guest go home happily but no one puts their useful reviews its only the one who goes home sad that too due to their faults go hame and try to put bad coments of the hotel.

I would just like to say "Do unto others what you want others to do unto You"

Room Tip: You Get what you pay for
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank nubert
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a day in May 2012

Positives:

- Good location (enough people on the road near this hotel even if you are returning back late in the night)
- Rooms were big (it looked like a residential building had been converted into a hotel)
- The beach is nearby

Negatives:

- Check in took a fair bit of time (some of the other guests were fighting with the hotel management over poor service)
- My room was on the 3rd floor with no lift
- Rooms were not the cleanest
- The light outside my room was not working
- Some of the rooms do not have any numbers on them (so you may struggle to figure out your room in the night)

Most of the guests in this hotel were college kids who were fairly boisterous. I personally feel this hotel is not best suited for families looking for a quiet time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sandyraj1
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The location is quite good of this hotel, heart of the town; also not very far from the beach. But the conditions of the rooms are not good. The bed sheets and mattresses are dirty. The service is also not that good. If you are looking for a neat and clean hotel room, then please avoid this one. The swimming pool and restaurants are good. Service is moderate. But the main drawback is cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Calangute hotels

UK
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Having previously stayed at the Park Avenue in 2006 I was a bit dubious about what we would find during our stay over Xmas and New Year 2011... thankfully I can say we were presently surprised.
On our arrival at 03:00 (its now Rs 900 in a taxi from the airport!!) we were quickly checked into room 208 which was clean, bright, tidy and relatively quiet.
The room was a good size with a fridge, small kitchen and balcony looking over towards the football pitch. The bed was a double with a clean mattress and clean sheets.
Our room was cleaned daily with new sheets and towels provided.
We had breakfast a couple of times which was ok, 2 boiled eggs were only Rs40 and the coffee was good.
All the staff were all chatty and seamed surprised we were taking the time to speak to them as most Russian residents treated them like dirt.
As a regular visitor to Calangute I know what hotel standards are like and can say that our experience was spot on and for the money the hotel is in a great location.

Room Tip: We had room 208 is good on the 3rd floor looking towards the football pitch.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mitch71uk
manchester
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Hotel is well situated in the middle of Calangute but the noise levels from the road outside is unbearable and you cannot sleep for the sound of vehicles and continual hooting of horns. The grounds are filthy and the staff themselves told us that the owner is not interested and neither are they because of this. The lads cleaning the rooms are pleasant as always but this is no compensation for the very poor service and bad attitude of the rest of them. We originally book an inner room so we did not hear the traffic but they didn't. When we complained they moved us but the next room was not much better just a little less damaged.The rep told us they had tried it on because the room we ended up in was the one he had been told we would be in prior to our arrival.We have been to Goa 14 times and this was the worst ever experience

Room Tip: Don't bother they don't have any and even if you book one in advance they try to put you in...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends