“Peace of mind guaranteed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Amour Beach Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
L'Amour Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Benaulim
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Peace of mind guaranteed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed @ L'Amour twice this year. I loved the stay so much the first time that I decided to stay again the second time in May. It was so peaceful. I had rented a villa. Clean room and a very nice and clean bathroom. The beach is less than 5 mins walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AmeyaW_7

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pune, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

When we decided to go for a driving trip to Goa for a short holiday, we choose this hotel which is bang on the Benaulim beach, based on reviews available on travel sites.

We started from Pune around 7.00 AM and reached the hotel around 3.30 PM, after a drive of 8.5 hours.

The hotel was completely deserted with only a lady receptionist sitting behind a table that had seen better days. There was an attendant also available and a security guard. Thats seemed to be all. My booking was confirmed and I was taken to one of the rooms in the newly constructed/renovated wing.
The room was quite nice, large and clean, though the AC and fan were placed away from the bed! except that there was no reason for complaint. The linen was clean and was changed every day.

However, the real problem with the hotel was that it has absolutely nothing else!!! Not even drinking water!!. When I asked for water, I was told that water will be available when the adjacent restaurant (Firefly is the restaurant connected to the hotel) opens!! and when will that be? In the evening sir, was the reply from the bellboy. Luckily we were carrying water with us so we managed.
Same for breakfast, No tea or breakfast. I was told that the restaurant will open in the morning but I saw nothing of the kind so we went to the beach and head breakfast there...

Plus point for the hotel are the location (almost right on the beach, fine property with a lot of greenery, good rooms (the new ones). The adjacant restaurant is good and provided limited chpice but good food).
Negatives... as I mentioned, nothing is available.. no bed tea or snacks or water till the restaurant opens.. no place for the drivers to sleep. I'd to book another place nearby for my driver to sleep as I did not want him to sleep in the car for 3 nights.

Room Tip: Go for the newly renovated rooms..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vishwajay
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here for Three nights in the month of Feb. The new cottages are very luxurious and have a rustic yet modern feel. The beach is a 100 meters away from all the rooms. Solar powered heaters provide 24/7 hot water. Bathroom was very clean.
Morning walks on Benaulim beach are beautiful. The Indian tourist are still fixated on colva being the only beach and so fewer people make it to these beaches which allows a more relaxed and quiet beach experience.
The restaurant attached to the resort "The Firefly" is something to experience, food is reasonably priced and all items on the menu have been tried and tested for all taste buds.
My personal fav was the ribs smoked with some special sauce. The menu is to the point. Meat seafood and chicken all prepared in local and continental style. The chef has his specials and they have recently introduced their new Pasta al la carte. The deserts also are seasonal and fresh. Had sampled the chikoo mouse which was in season...awesome.
The local cashew feny at the firefly is what really makes everything taste so good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JojoBaba82
vernonpereira, Owner at L'Amour Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hey Jojobaba82,

Thank you for your review of our hotel here on tripadvisor. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay. Hope to see you back here again soon!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I can fully recommend this lovely hotel where we stayed for 5 nights in January 2013 - in one of the nice recently renovated villas. Superb location just a few metres from the beach but quiet enough to be away from backpackers and the beach party scene ... unless you want to walk the very short distance to join them. The hotel is undergoing a full renovation so be sure to check with the hotel about the accommodation which you require. The villa which we stayed in had a comfy bed, was spotlessly clean, lovely bathroom, newly decorated and quiet.
The hotel has a great restaurant (The Firefly) which is run by a Goan colleague of the hotel's owner. This place compliments the hotel nicely.
It may take another few months for the full hotel renovation to be complete but don't be deterred - we loved it !

Room Tip: ask for a recently renovated / refurbished room / villa
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey richardnewman123

It was great having you and your wife stay with us. Thank you for the feed back and the encouragement :)

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Booked 2 non a/c rooms for 10 nights at the end of Jan2013 cost 1500R/night all done by email to the manager Andrew. We arrived on Jan 4 staying in Cavelossim so I thought I would grab a taxi and go and pay for the rooms as you never know the financial position at the end of your hols!! So, armed with my confirmation emails I arrived to be told that there were no rooms available. The receptionist was very friendly and went to get the bookings list and as I was looking over her shoulder I saw rooms booked in my name. On pointing this out I was told that it had been changed. At this point I asked for the manager and was eventually shown in to see Andrew.
I was told that the rooms had been given to someone else called John and there was nothing he could do about it. We could however have rooms at 3000R/night. We refused. So to cut a very long stort short, I told him to keep his hotel and I would leave feedback on here with the full story.
At this point he managed to find another room but as it was a/c would be 2500R/night. As we dont want or like a/c we turned this down and eventually agreed at 1 room at 1500 and 1 superior room at 2000/night. So I paid a deposit [dont take c/c] and left.

We arrived on 27th Jan and were shown to the rooms to find they were identical except for an a/c unit[turned off] in the corner.Asked for refund of the extra 5000R but got the 'its not my problem' look so eventually gave up and enjoyed my hols!!

Plus points......wonderful location right on Benaulim beach. Tansy beach shack for sunbeds and reasonably priced food and drink. Blue Lagoon restaurant at the Star of the sea hotel.Raphaels shack for some of the best tandoori food I have eaten. Staff at L'amour excellent, management needs to come into the 21st century.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JOHN D
Hello jaydee171,

Thank you for your review of our place on tripadvisor. I wasn't aware about your situation till I read your review. Please email me personally at verp6@yahoo.com as I would like to resolve this with Andrew. If you are planning a visit to our sunny shores again, drop me an email and I'll make sure there are no problems with your booking.

Thank you once again.
Traralgon, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here after being booked in by friends who were moving back to the UK from Goa and they were staying here too. The hotel was undergoing a huge refurbishment when we stayed so there were no rooms with zircon available. The room we stayed in had a terrible odour - a mix of musty and bleach which was really hard to get rid of, but get rid of it we did with some incense and fresh air. Just a bed with a sheet and pillow. Power was intermittent but that was due to the renovations. No hot water unless you ask for it to be turned on but at the bargain price of $16AU per night you cant really complain. The staff about were lovely and we had all of our laundry (2 back packs full) washed and dried for around AU$6.
The best think about it was the location. Its a 100metre walk from the beach and a 10 minute walk to the shops the other way. Perfect!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SharlsG
vernonpereira, Owner at L'Amour Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Greetings SharlsG

Thank you for your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and your review of our hotel here on tripadvisor.com. We are cutting down on our use of smelly cleaning solutions and when unoccupied, we open up our rooms to air them out. Our restaurant is fully renovated now and so are the 5 rooms that were under renovation when you were here. Our little hotel is still growing and we have a lot of big changes planned for the future but I am hoping you will visit us again some time soon and give me feedback on how the recent changes suit you :)

Thanks once again,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. Coming back for sure! The service is good and the short distance to beach is just lovely. The restaurant is great. I was here 4 years ago and also 2 years ago. Are coming back 2013. Going around the area with a scooter is fun.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Indianulla
vernonpereira, Owner at L'Amour Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Greetings Indianulla

Thank you for reviewing L'Amour on tripadvisor.com. Glad you had a great stay here on your last visit. We have completely renovated our restaurant and are in the process of renovating some of our rooms. Be ready for a greater experience staying with us when you come here in 2013:)

Vernon Pereira
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim
Lucky Star Hotel
Lucky Star Hotel
#8 of 17 in Colva

Been to L'Amour Beach Resort? Share your experiences!