Stayed at the exotica on the 4 day long weekend (30th Apr to 3rd may) for 3 nights. My wife, me and our growing girls (11 and 8) - all in one room.
The check in was nice enough. But somehow I think hotels need to look away from their own templates now and then and look at guests proactively.
Anyway - on the first evening, I called them a couple of times requesting extra towels & toiletries (what with 4 people and a beach resort) with no response. Late evening before going out for dinner, I repeated the request and told them I was out for an hour. No luck.
When I threw a shindy the next morning, about half a dozen senior people rallied around to apologize. But no one could explain why they couldnt take care of small stuff like this.
Also - avoid the far side of the pool (where the cottages start) a bit tough to get any attention from the staff if you need an umbrella or a beer. The management tells me after I complained that they had fixed it.
Last bits of bad news - in this weather your hotel really needs more shade in terms of trees etc. And the breakfast was very very boring - same stuff with minor variations each morning. The continental menu did not change at all in fact.
Other than all that they have some nice stuff going on. Bicycles to explore the property, some cricket, archery, cooking demos and so on.
I stayed the last night at the park hyatt and that is a tremendous change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south coast of Goa on the Benaulim beach, a mere 27 km from the airport, this 56 acre 140 room resort has a 700 meter beach frontage and a lovely view of the sea. With 3 specialty restaurants, a beach front seasonal seafood shack, a 24 hour all day diner, 2 bars, 2 spas and a seasonal outdoor spa pavilion, this resort is a popular haunt for the international as well as domestic travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Goa Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Goa Hotel Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Hotel Goa
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa Benaulim