“Lovely experience”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Benaulim
Mumbai
“Lovely experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had great experience in Taj right from the airport transfers to our weekend stay. There is nothing much you can do outside the resort but plenty of things to keep you busy in the resort.
We arrived early and our room was not ready but they graciously accommodated us in the cottage while they readied our rooms.
The service was impeccable - we used the spa services at Jiva and loved the experience. The evening entertainment shows were good and the gym had the latest equipments.
We made the most of our stay but the only grouse was F&B. The buffet was a mess and the staff couldn't manage the large crowds. The table was not cleared on time and getting attention of the staff was a task. But overall we are Taj fans and will continue our loyalty with them:)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Goa, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed stay and all the facilities at the resort specially the spa, gym and evening entertainment.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the service during meals and have taken this up with the concerned Head of Department.

I look forward to welcoming you along with your family back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We were there on our anniversary in July 2013 at Taj Exotica Goa and the experience was fantastic.

Goa being a difficult place for vegetarians but the food here was lovely. Especially at the Italian restaurant where all courses of the meal were fabulous. In desserts we were suggested to necessarily try Baklava, the taste of which we can still remember.

It was a pleasant surprise when we were presented with an edible chocolate frame with our pictures and a cushion cover with names embroidered on. Thanks for such a nice gesture and making our stay a very memorable one.

During monsoon, there are loads of sea creatures on the beaches so one should accordingly plan as the beautiful beach of the hotel becomes difficult to be enjoyed on.

I recommend this place especially for people with priority of jain / veg food!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Punit S
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Goa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014

I am glad to note you had a memorable experience for your wedding anniversary and enjoyed the food served at the resort.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Good resort. Nice view. Food taste is average. No varieties in lunch & dinner. You may see some worms coming in since the place is covered with greenary. Cleaning can be better. If you are a nature lover you would love this place.

Room Tip: On the up stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you experienced all the facilities at the resort.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the taste and variety of food, as well as cleaning and have taken this up with the respective Heads of Department.

Wageningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Excellent resort!
We have spent there 16 days of our Goa vacation in March this year and it was not at all too long.
Taj Exotica is beautifully located and well maintained, a peaceful getaway right at a wide sandy beach, ideal for strolling and even for bike riding at low tide.
Tranquil, lush tropical gardens surround the villas. Rolling green lawns offer possibilities for golf lovers to exercise.
The hotel offers high level services and kindness of its staff and the whole personnel.
Breakfast is offered in buffet, rich and diversified. There are five restaurants to choose from. The Chinese restaurant is very good, whereas Allegria, the Goan restaurant, is not very thrilling. For savouring local cuisine some of the shacks out on the beach offer far better choice at a moderate price.
The health spa is very good, offering high standard services. Not to forget the morning yoga practice at 8.00 o’clock every morning, free to everyone.

One important remark: Since the restaurants organize special dinner evenings, live music can be heard in rooms situated in the main hotel building. To avoid this noise we would recommend choosing room in one of the villas.

Room Tip: Since the restaurants organize special dinner evenings, live music can be heard in rooms situated in...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marjol696
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Taj Exotica Goa and for your feedback. I am glad to note you enjoyed stay and all the facilities at the resort.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the decibel levels of entertainment..

chandigarh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Me &my wife stayed at this property from 19th to 21st june14.
The check in , rooms, services ,were very good.
Except the services near pool area where we were hurt ,by rude behaviour by your worker named shobhinath.
Other thing, the services at Eugenia restaurant can definitely be better managed e.g. table allotment,services,display.
Overall a nice memorable checkout with packed breakfast. Thanks a lot, the taj team.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank kapilas
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Goa, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding pool services and the service at in the restaurant and have taken this up with the concerned Heads of Department.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We have stayed in this resort from 1st-5th july'14. Summarizing pros & cons followed by details :-

Pros :
1. High focus on safety, well being & even medical care.
2. Hugely green & full of nature!!.. Everything pleasant.
3. Great food - special efforts to customise to taste.
4. Happening in terms of mega variety of activities + Giving space to relax.
5. Personalised touch - Senior leaders of hotel meet every resident at different times to see if they are being taken care of :-).
6. One culture in whole resort - The common thing we heard every time - 'Sir- you just relax & enjoy .. We will take care of everything'. .Amazing that they mean every word & execute their motto in live interactions

Cons :-
Completely bewildered with Service, infrastructure, culture & had significant moments of 'Happiness' in virtual world..Difficult to go back to real world now.. Struggling to find a moment to frown upon during stay.

DETAILS:-
Front office is swift & warm. Rooms are elegant, high on utility - housekeeping utterly responsive. Activity always buzzing - swimming, archery, football, cricket, salsa dance classes, yoga classes, cooking classes, evening shows(one of best We hv seen- magic show, eat the fire, acrobats, etc) & list goes on & on. Kids are thrilled, pampered to the core with 'texkids' - simply wow coordinator, can keep & care for your kid whole day along..Bamboo/ Sea shell craft, pottery, sketches, movie shows, games, drawing classes add to the learnings. Kids are gifted chocolates, cookies, toffees, flowers at different times. Food is like you can't stop eating - Italian restaurant being the best.
The best part is that each & every person comes & meets you to make sure you enjoy every moment. .. One incident which really touched us to the core when my son picked up foot sprain & it seemed whole resort was concerned - arranged whatever required & my 5 yr old son was so floored - 'these guys take care of me like my family '...& he wants to go there again & again.

Normally, holidays are misty & you tend to forget but we are 100% sure that this place has left an amazing impression on us & we would come to goa only because we want to stay here..

We will remember all our new friends - Cleto, Narmin, Abhishek, Cynthia, Rashid, Sukhveer, Joel, Sunita, Raahil, Vivek & many more. Senior people like Siddharth &

• Stayed July 2014

South Queensferry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We booked a weekend break at this TAJ to escape the heat of Delhi. The rate included full board and airport transfer.

Airport arrangements were very efficient and we arrived quickly at the hotel.

The hotel grounds are immaculate, very well maintained and attractive

We had booked an ocean view room. Very nice room. Clean, fresh and good size. The ocean view rooms all have palm trees in front of the room. The view itself was quite limited. I wouldn't upgrade again to ocean view for anything other than an minimal charge

We booked a couples treatment at the spa. It was perfect. The two therapists (Ali and Jmli, I hope I have remembered their names correctly) was excellent. Spa was beautiful and the Soma treatment package was really good. Very highly recommended for an couple staying here

We were a little disappointed by the dining arrangements in the hotel restaurants. I would say that the restaurants aren't large enough for a hotel of this size and dining here felt too busy, almost like a cafeteria. Food quality was consistently good - just too much bustle which affected the dining experience

We were here at the end of the season so the lobster shack had been dismantled for the monsoon - to be expected as all the beach shacks do this.

We would certainly consider this hotel again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveFaull
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort specially the Soma treatment.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the bustle in the restaurant and have taken this up with the concerned Head of Department.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Alila Diwa Goa
#2 of 39 in Salcette District
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,831 reviews
Vivanta by Taj - Panaji

Been to Taj Exotica Goa? Share your experiences!