“Good relaxing weekend, fabulous spa”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We booked a weekend break at this TAJ to escape the heat of Delhi. The rate included full board and airport transfer.

Airport arrangements were very efficient and we arrived quickly at the hotel.

The hotel grounds are immaculate, very well maintained and attractive

We had booked an ocean view room. Very nice room. Clean, fresh and good size. The ocean view rooms all have palm trees in front of the room. The view itself was quite limited. I wouldn't upgrade again to ocean view for anything other than an minimal charge

We booked a couples treatment at the spa. It was perfect. The two therapists (Ali and Jmli, I hope I have remembered their names correctly) was excellent. Spa was beautiful and the Soma treatment package was really good. Very highly recommended for an couple staying here

We were a little disappointed by the dining arrangements in the hotel restaurants. I would say that the restaurants aren't large enough for a hotel of this size and dining here felt too busy, almost like a cafeteria. Food quality was consistently good - just too much bustle which affected the dining experience

We were here at the end of the season so the lobster shack had been dismantled for the monsoon - to be expected as all the beach shacks do this.

We would certainly consider this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveFaull
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort specially the Soma treatment.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the bustle in the restaurant and have taken this up with the concerned Head of Department.

I look forward to welcoming you along with your family back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,264)

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

It's difficult to explain how the service of all the people in a hotel can be so warm and helpful. From Sunita during check-in to Bippin to check-out, all the professionals are great. The property is beautiful and all the facilities but it is the service that will leave a lasting impression on you. The food in the restaurant is very good and they take very good care of infant food too. I think that they have a policy to never say 'No' to request from the guests. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank NJain_10

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Just cannot tell people how good the service is here. All staff from Front of House, through F&B staff to the gardeners ensure that the holiday you experience here is 5 star. We stayed four days and three nights, ate in the three theme restaurants, Italian, Goan and Chinese and every meal was superb. Vellington in the bar was a real treasure trove of information. My wife had a Spa and said it was the best experience she as ever had, as she has had a lot of Spa experience. Cannot suggest anything other than if you are planning to visit Goa thn this is the only place to stay. The Villa accommodation is superb with some even having pools!! 300 up are the villa numbers nearest to the main complex, pool restaurant , we were in 522, nice and quiet and not too far from the main complex

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob H
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you along with your wife enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have just spent 3 day's here after an exhausting trip around India. The moment you arrive you know you are going to have a great time. The grounds are fanstic and are beautifully kept. There are 4 reasturants serving Italian, Goan, Chinese and the 4th a mixture. We ate in all 4 our favourite was the Chinese but all were great. I had a massage in the Jiva spa the whole experience was one of relaxtion and thanks to Grace my therapist. All the staff right from the resort manager, F and B manager and all the other staff including Vellington in the bar were suberb. I can not name them all suffice to say the service was great. I have been to a fair few resorts and hotels over the years and am now living in Dubai were there are lots of good resorts but this hotel ranks amongst the best. Would recommend it to anyone, family couples ets.

Room Tip: There are some rooms that have private pools they look good. We had a suite looking over the gardens
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you along with your family enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in Goa and after some research we chose taj exotica. First of all they provide an airport pickup and drop complimentary for all guests. The property is a sprawling complex built on the lines of an Iberian palace of sorts. The welcome included a duo of serenaders and a refreshing mocktail. The room we booked was pretty much the basic one but it was really huge. And had all the facilities. The best part was the great view of the lawns and the sea. The resort is pretty self contained. It has several activities for its guests. A pretty big swimming pool, with water volleyball, bicycles to roam around the area, archery, ping pong, pool and basically enough things to keep u occupied. They have four resataurants and a bar. The breakfast at Eugenia the coffee shop was pretty good with a variety of dishes. We had meals at two other places Alegria (goan) and Miguel Aracanzo (Mediterranean) which were both just about ok. Other thing of note is a nine hole golf course and a life size chessboard on campus. Plus there s a book and video library and a spa though we didn't use that. A word about the staff: impeccable service and totally polite, courteous and helpful. They also had some arrangements made for our anniversary which was touching. They even allowed us to retain our room for a late checkout. This is a place to relax and enjoy with family. The only drawback its a bit remote and there s not much to see here. So if ones planning on sightseeing and goin around south Goa this may not b appropriate. But overall a pleasant stay and one of the best hospitality experiences I have had.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I am amazing experience was a the forefront of all the staff's minds as nothing was too much bother for them. It was a truly relaxing and self indulgent experience, which is good value for money with what you get in return. Highly recommend this resort!!! The food is also worthy of a mention as the choice of options make you want for no more!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon D

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed for 3 Nights and 4 Days in Taj Exotica. There is no doubt that this is among the best hotels of Goa.

But during off season, there is nothing to do in South Goa for people who likes adventure and sight seeing. All beaches in south goa are either closed or vacant.

If you want a leisure trip and your preference is only comfort and rest, than without hesitation, choose this. You have many things to do here like - Golf, Soccer, Cricket, Archery, Cycling, Pool Table, Spa and other in door games and activities.
Besides this it provide many activities for children to keep them busy.

Food is also good, not like of 5 star kind, but will also not at all disappoint you.

Coming to room and services - Rooms are equipped with all comfort and modern amenities.
Room services are very good. Room service staff is too good and helpful. Special thanks to Zubeen Zamadar for providing us a Ground Floor Garden Villa (which was our preference) and for assisting us.

Little disappointed from 'Buggy Person', they treat guests like hell. When asked to drop us at our room they denied and acted like we are servants for them.
Further, when we required assistance with one buggy person for the way towards our room, he replied in an unprofessional way and denied to help us. It was worst feeling when a person who has no level talks unprofessional with high profile guests.

Any way keeping it apart, hats off for the management, lobby staff, security staff, and room services staff. Without them the trip was never a memorable trip.

Will definitely look forward to recommend others and will plan a trip with spouse after marriage.

Room Tip: Garden Villa with ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the buggy services at the resort and have taken this up with the concerned Head of Department.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
Grand Hyatt Goa
#1 of 3 in Bambolim
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!