Honestly I am so bowled over that I dont know where to start!
Check in was fabulous and so thoughtful, thanks to Numrata, yes with a "u", who was extremely gracious and went out of her way to make us comfortable and accomodate all our needs.
We had a garden villa room which was spacious compared to 99% hotel rooms I have stayed in, apart from the higher end ones. Rooms are now a tad bit dated, but clean and that one minor flaw is never remebered thanks to thei impeccable and overwhelming service.
To detail what I mean, everyday there was a token left in the room for my 4yr and 10 yr old, right from a cuddly soft toy, to a story book and the iing on the cake was specially customised raw silk cushions with my daughters name, sons name, and my husband and my name on one!
I mean detailing to the T, no spelling mistakes, and this gesture won us over.
It isnt about freebies you know, it is about making the guest feel that they matter, are special and important, no matter who they are and what package they are on.
I have stayed in many Taj properties world over, so wouldnt really quantify this as a Taj thing necessarily like some other guests, but definitely would give 10/10 to Taj Exotica, GOA, for sure!
We were in 605 which I found a bit far from the pool and action, although the buggy is there within 3 minutes of calling one!
Next time I would request for 300's or 400's which are a tad closer to everything and have a larger expanse of the lawn in fron too.
Having said that people do find rooms very close to the pool noisy, so the catch would be one in between, that is not too far and not too lose.
Numrata actually was very helpful in helping us to change rooms, and upgraded us to a luxury room with Jacuzzi in the main building, but that was more like an apartment, though identical to the villa inside, but we preffered the villa ground floor feel so didnt take it. Other villa rooms closer to the pool had two queens beds that could be joined but no king available, so we stuck it out with our original room. Kudos to them for trying so hard all the same.
Breakwast was a very good spread, and despite a full house, service was fabulous, one never had to wait for anything. Dosas, pancakes, idlis, uttapams, eggs, pur bhaji and much much more, including wheatgrass juice!!
We ate all our meals at Lobster Shack because we loved it soo much. The malabar curry was fab and so was the grilled fish. Cant comment on other restaurants as we didnt try them.
The ayurvedic massage was also top class. I generally come away from hotel massages feeling, I have paid big bucks for an average experience, but this was an exception.
I did the abhyangam, and I for the first time felt, that in addition to eye to minute detail, my therapist wasnt just doing her job or repeating lines mugged up but truely wanted to do a good job and please me.
It was a great experience with the steam in a traditional wooden steamer when you sit with your head sticking out. Didnt try Jiva so cant comment.
Special mention to Manoj Mishra who looks after F & B, and who was always around, hands on, willing to help, and without whom I am sure the F & B standards wouldnt be this high!
Beach is fab, I think one of the only beaches of international standards, in terms of cleanliness and solitude. You could be anywhere in the world. Ideal for honeymooners!
All in all, no matter which department, inroom dining, housekeeping, and no matter, what you asked for, hot water bag, moov, ice, it came in minutes!
Superb experience, comparable to any world class hotel, and managed to make me shift my loyalty from Park Hyatt to TaJ Exotica, GOA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south coast of Goa on the Benaulim beach, a mere 27 km from the airport, this 56 acre 140 room resort has a 700 meter beach frontage and a lovely view of the sea. With 3 specialty restaurants, a beach front seasonal seafood shack, a 24 hour all day diner, 2 bars, 2 spas and a seasonal outdoor spa pavilion, this resort is a popular haunt for the international as well as domestic travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Goa Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Goa Hotel Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Hotel Goa
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa Benaulim