“Exemplary Service - comparable to the best world over!”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Honestly I am so bowled over that I dont know where to start!
Check in was fabulous and so thoughtful, thanks to Numrata, yes with a "u", who was extremely gracious and went out of her way to make us comfortable and accomodate all our needs.
We had a garden villa room which was spacious compared to 99% hotel rooms I have stayed in, apart from the higher end ones. Rooms are now a tad bit dated, but clean and that one minor flaw is never remebered thanks to thei impeccable and overwhelming service.
To detail what I mean, everyday there was a token left in the room for my 4yr and 10 yr old, right from a cuddly soft toy, to a story book and the iing on the cake was specially customised raw silk cushions with my daughters name, sons name, and my husband and my name on one!
I mean detailing to the T, no spelling mistakes, and this gesture won us over.
It isnt about freebies you know, it is about making the guest feel that they matter, are special and important, no matter who they are and what package they are on.
I have stayed in many Taj properties world over, so wouldnt really quantify this as a Taj thing necessarily like some other guests, but definitely would give 10/10 to Taj Exotica, GOA, for sure!
ROOMS
We were in 605 which I found a bit far from the pool and action, although the buggy is there within 3 minutes of calling one!
Next time I would request for 300's or 400's which are a tad closer to everything and have a larger expanse of the lawn in fron too.
Having said that people do find rooms very close to the pool noisy, so the catch would be one in between, that is not too far and not too lose.
Numrata actually was very helpful in helping us to change rooms, and upgraded us to a luxury room with Jacuzzi in the main building, but that was more like an apartment, though identical to the villa inside, but we preffered the villa ground floor feel so didnt take it. Other villa rooms closer to the pool had two queens beds that could be joined but no king available, so we stuck it out with our original room. Kudos to them for trying so hard all the same.
Breakwast was a very good spread, and despite a full house, service was fabulous, one never had to wait for anything. Dosas, pancakes, idlis, uttapams, eggs, pur bhaji and much much more, including wheatgrass juice!!
We ate all our meals at Lobster Shack because we loved it soo much. The malabar curry was fab and so was the grilled fish. Cant comment on other restaurants as we didnt try them.

The ayurvedic massage was also top class. I generally come away from hotel massages feeling, I have paid big bucks for an average experience, but this was an exception.
I did the abhyangam, and I for the first time felt, that in addition to eye to minute detail, my therapist wasnt just doing her job or repeating lines mugged up but truely wanted to do a good job and please me.
It was a great experience with the steam in a traditional wooden steamer when you sit with your head sticking out. Didnt try Jiva so cant comment.
Special mention to Manoj Mishra who looks after F & B, and who was always around, hands on, willing to help, and without whom I am sure the F & B standards wouldnt be this high!
Beach is fab, I think one of the only beaches of international standards, in terms of cleanliness and solitude. You could be anywhere in the world. Ideal for honeymooners!
All in all, no matter which department, inroom dining, housekeeping, and no matter, what you asked for, hot water bag, moov, ice, it came in minutes!
Superb experience, comparable to any world class hotel, and managed to make me shift my loyalty from Park Hyatt to TaJ Exotica, GOA!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lm1900
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities at the resort.

There are newer reviews for Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This property has all the ingredients for complete relaxation. The grounds and location are stunning and the facilities available are excellent in every respect . Most of all the service provided by the staff ,who were without exception attentive and friendly, contributed to a most enjoyable stay and one which exceeded our expectations. The breakfast buffet offers a huge amount of choice and is available over a three hour time slot giving plenty of time for a walk , cycle or gym visit before breakfast. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel, preferring a change of scene and also to show support for other local restaurants. We enjoyed the beach shacks close to the hotel including Joecons and Sun and Moon and also about half a mile away from the hotel a restaurant called Cavatina. The beach is fantastic for an early morning walk before breakfast. If you head towards the main part of Benaulim Village ( turn off the beach when you reach Johncys) I would recommend having a coffee or juice at the German Bakery in the main street before catching a rickshaw back to the Taj for breakfast. When exploring I'd suggest avoiding getting a taxi organised by the hotel unless you are happy to pay way over the odds. Just a little way along the road outside the main gate of the hotel there is a taxi stand with prices clearly marked for single & return trips to various locations & these are a fraction of the prices quoted by the travel desk in the hotel for taxis that they would arrange. The hotel was a peaceful haven but it was great to also be in an area that felt accessible and safe to explore and the locals we met were all very friendly and helpful. A really successful holiday and the week spent relaxing at the Taj Exotica will be remembered with much pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank satyaSurrey

It is with concern I have made a note of your feedback regarding the bathrooms and have taken remendial steps to have the same rectified.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Family and myself had a super at the Exotica , a huge property with all amenities you could think of , superb & efficient room service . A must try is the specialty restaurant where you will be guaranteed of personalized service . A lot to do for the kids as all the staff is friendly and caring , a great place to spend your vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms are well located.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank zubin v

Reviewed April 3, 2014

ambiance was good, rooms were clean but bathroom are not sparkling clean. vegetrian food not as per guju taste , breakfast well spread and full of juices and high proteins value added items for seniours

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

It is with concern I have made a note of your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom during your stay and I have taken this up with the concerned Head of Department.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Taj Exotica is an outstanding property in every way. The huge grounds and well kept lawns greet you upfront and set the tone for your stay. The resort is spread in 50 plus acres, and every nook and corner of the the property is well maintained. We stayed here during the month of March, goa was already sizzling hot by then but green surroundings of the resort made the heat a little more bearable.

We were a group of three families and the resort managed to accommodate the rooms near each other, so that was an auspicious start. We had small children in our group and the resort was very accommodating with our customized demands like bland food and additional cots in the room. The rooms were big and tastefully done, ours were garden facing. One may also opt for Sea view rooms however they are still quite a walk back from the sea. The Forest Essentials toiletries in the bathroom were a particular highlight for me. Housekeeping was efficient enough and they always inquired about a turn down service and a second cleaning in the evening. It was particularly helpful on days when walked in late from the beach.

The pool was adequate without being huge, I was disappointed to learn that there was no swim up bar in or near the pool. I expected as much from a top Five star resort. We once carried our bottle of wine from the room but the personnel, while allowing us to consume at the poolside, kept asking us to 'cover the bottle'! Other than that little hitch, most of our time around the pool was fun filled.

Food served at the restaurants is definitely worth a try. The breakfast spread is huge and varied although a bit repetitive. While some items were served everyday, others were alternated every other day. The hotel can do with some imagination in this regard although I'm really nitpicking here. For our meals other than the breakfast, it was a bit of hit and miss. Some really flavorful dishes mixed with some very average ones. There were two shacks on the hotel beach that we tried - Joecons and Sun & Moon and both were just strictly OK. I guess for some real Goan flavor, one has to drive up to north like we did most days.

The resort has a bunch of complementary activities for the guests. We tried archery one day and enjoyed it a lot. The kids were particularly enamored by the activity room called Tex-Kids. It has a huge play yard with slides and swings outdoors and an adjoining room for activities like dancing and Disney movies. The water sports are completely outsourced to people called Pele's on the beach who do a very average job of it. We have definitely experienced better in Goa in the past.

Overall, Taj Exotica is a great resort but it does not go that last mile. It won't give you too many reasons to complain but it won't win over your hearts either. Every one from the pick-up driver to the Reception in-charge and housekeeping staff was professional, courteous and efficient with his/her job. But we weren't wowed and felled by their attitude. Maybe I expected the moon from Taj Exotica, but I admit we atleast landed among the stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank VineetMalani

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I like the big balcony rooms and the service is fast and good ...and if u want to go to the beach its just 5 minutes walk in fact u can the sound of waves in UR balcony also overall its a value for money

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank berkishu

Reviewed April 2, 2014

One of the best properties in Goa , this resort has it all! Amenities are available for both kids and adults such as biking , TT Etc . It also has a gold course which Is pretty okay although the water sports and the beach cover up for it. The rooms are pretty spacious and cozy and the service is pretty quick. All in all is a classic Taj property.

• Stayed: June 2013

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 66 in Candolim

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!