“Still mostly very good, except breakfasts.”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Decided to go at quite late notice due to getting a good deal ( good enough to cancel out the inflated visa fee ). Hotel grounds still very high standard of care ( other than some damage to golf course greens due to sea water during monsoon season ). Housekeeping top notch, room service pretty good ( needed a reminder once or twice ). Visited Alegria Goan restaurant as we received 1 Goan meal in package - very impressed. Far better than our previous meal at the Miguel Arcanjo restaurant in January. Had a lesson with golf pro Johnson again, he`s a nice guy and a very good teacher. It`s worth checking at reception if there are any conferences/weddings during your stay as these can be a problem. The only really disappointing part of our holiday this time was ( yet again ) the food and service at breakfast. Choices and quality seem to be gradually being downgraded from our experiences ( 8 or 9 visits over 11 years or so ). Some of the waiters are an absolute pain with fussiness ( one came and polished our table 3 times within 5 minutes! ).OTOH, trying to explain that it would be great to get hot coffee, hot milk & hot water all ate the same time rather than over a 10 minute period seems an impossible task. Overall, we had a great holiday but it does seem a shame that such simple improvements to service remain lacking. We dined frequently in 2 beach shacks and can confirm that Mateus Zumbrai`s is still fab, but our other favourite, Sun & Moon has gone downhill somewhat and seems to be infested with flies during the day. Kapil, the excellent waiter has also left and most of the other waiters seem rather inept. Finally, be aware that the hotel is quite isolated and taxis charge extortionate rates for India. We did not need or use them so it wasn`t an issue for us.

Room Tip: Rooms are fine but ask first if there any conference people staying nearby, particularly if they are...
1  Thank gibson
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort.

I have made a note of your feedback regarding the service at breakfast and have taken this up with the respective manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,227)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed in a quiet, large, fully equipped room, with a lovely balcony, a short walk from the poolside and the beach.
Complimentary basic Yoga classes twice a day and a very well equipped gym. We did eat outside the premises, so I can't comment on the food, but we really enjoyed being spoiled here.
Given the price, I think WLAN should be free of charge.

1  Thank Tanja M

With regards to your feedback regarding the wifi charges at the hotel, this is already being reviewed by the Senior Leadership at the Taj Group.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Excellent property. Cooperative staff. The villa suites are excellent, giving you all the privacy that you need. The lobster shack is wonderful. The only input if they could have more local cuisines in their menu

Room Tip: The villas are a netter option
2  Thank Travel_buddy_pune

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding more local cuisine and take this opportunity to inform you that the hotel has a Goan Restaurant which serve the local gaG cuisine.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We have just returned from our stay at the Taj and it was like an escape to paradise. The room, the grounds and the location were perfect. The food was in abundance and wonderful.
The staff are genuinely caring and helpful and they do all they can to make your stay special. Nothing is a bother.
Its a place to unwind, relax and spoil yourself.
We will be back next year!

2  Thank DavidBelcher
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Spent 14 days at this resort & loved it. The rooms were large light clean & comfortable. The hotel is right on the beach with easy access to beach shacks & beautiful sea views.
The 2 hotel restaurants that I ate in were very good & the service throughout this hotel is excellent.
It's very quiet & peaceful but with activities should you wish to be entertained. We celebrated our wedding anniversary while in India & the hotel staff decorated the room & gave us a cake it was a lovely touch. This hotel is very good value for money & will bend over back wards to make their guest happy. A place I will return too.

3  Thank Lynn S

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort and we made your anniversary special.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Lavish property right at beach, superb food and lots of activity for kids

Lovely bungalow and row houses with exclusive swimming pool...

Enjoy sunset with breeze right at beach with beach sports !!!!

Choice for food is amazing even for kids.

Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Ritesh J

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort and experienced the facilities the resort has to offer.

look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have just checked in this beautiful property(Villa #601). This is our second stay here & it just gets better & better. To our surprise we got upgraded to a private pool villa where we have a plunge private pool. The resort is very beautiful & staff is very nice. Feeling very comfortable & pampered (same as last time we stayed here). Will surely recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aman226

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Exotica Goa in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa
5 mi away
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Caravela Beach Resort

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!