Decided to go at quite late notice due to getting a good deal ( good enough to cancel out the inflated visa fee ). Hotel grounds still very high standard of care ( other than some damage to golf course greens due to sea water during monsoon season ). Housekeeping top notch, room service pretty good ( needed a reminder once or twice ). Visited Alegria Goan restaurant as we received 1 Goan meal in package - very impressed. Far better than our previous meal at the Miguel Arcanjo restaurant in January. Had a lesson with golf pro Johnson again, he`s a nice guy and a very good teacher. It`s worth checking at reception if there are any conferences/weddings during your stay as these can be a problem. The only really disappointing part of our holiday this time was ( yet again ) the food and service at breakfast. Choices and quality seem to be gradually being downgraded from our experiences ( 8 or 9 visits over 11 years or so ). Some of the waiters are an absolute pain with fussiness ( one came and polished our table 3 times within 5 minutes! ).OTOH, trying to explain that it would be great to get hot coffee, hot milk & hot water all ate the same time rather than over a 10 minute period seems an impossible task. Overall, we had a great holiday but it does seem a shame that such simple improvements to service remain lacking. We dined frequently in 2 beach shacks and can confirm that Mateus Zumbrai`s is still fab, but our other favourite, Sun & Moon has gone downhill somewhat and seems to be infested with flies during the day. Kapil, the excellent waiter has also left and most of the other waiters seem rather inept. Finally, be aware that the hotel is quite isolated and taxis charge extortionate rates for India. We did not need or use them so it wasn`t an issue for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south coast of Goa on the Benaulim beach, a mere 27 km from the airport, this 56 acre 140 room resort has a 700 meter beach frontage and a lovely view of the sea. With 3 specialty restaurants, a beach front seasonal seafood shack, a 24 hour all day diner, 2 bars, 2 spas and a seasonal outdoor spa pavilion, this resort is a popular haunt for the international as well as domestic travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Goa Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Goa Hotel Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Hotel Goa
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa Benaulim