“Premium Hospitality at its best...”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my family and thoroughly enjoyed their hospitality. Right from the arrival to the departure, it was simply genuine. The room was spacious. The staff around the complex was caring and welcoming. Will definitely return. Great show guys. Thank you.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Whida
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed your stay at the resort

There are newer reviews for Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa

Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is one of the best beach properties in Goa. It's an old property, so you get bigger rooms, spacious balconys. (compared to hyatt and leela palace)

A lot of foreigners, the food is the worst part.. :( they breakfast is made for them, not for indians... but food apart (who wants to eat in 5star when i goa..) the pool is good, clean beach... the lobster shack looks beautiful during sunset... We stayed here for our 3rd anniversary, they made everything perfect for us, bouquets, super yum cake, they even gifted us a pillow with our names on it.. everything is perfect except for the food... :(

Room Tip: any room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed the services at the hotel during your stay to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the food.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

among all 5 star hotels I am always biased to taj as their service and hospitality is always superior to other 5 star chain of hotels.here again the property is excellent, food is fantastic and children will really love it. cycle around the property, swim, eat and relax. spa is great though quite expensive. their fine dining restaurant is expensive but worth spending the money once.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am glad to note you enjoyed the services at the hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

They have everythingh you want in a holiday. . . . .

Property......it's a beautifully planned property.
Beach , lawns and golf courses and then the rooms .

Rooms......huge villas (with and without private pools ), lot of space in the villas and a decent size plunge pool , very well maintained.
They have buggies to move around the hotel .

Activities.......they have everythingh.
Golf, cricket , football , tennis , table tennis , archery, kids zone , beach volleyball , water sports, swimming , pool , library and DVD selections........
The activity team is very helpfull and ready to partner you in any game ( if you want company )
Mr. Johnson helped me in golf .

Spa......is out of the world. You have plenty of options.
Ms. Sangeeta at reception was wonderfull in arranging all the appointments .
Mr. Imli was my therapist ......highly skilled and master at his job.

Food.......is amazing. Breakfast in HUUUGGGGEE !!!!
everythingh you can imagine , they have it.
In room dining is perfect and THEY LISTEN TO YOU !!!
Whatever you want and however you want .....you get it ......with a smile !!
Italian , Chinese , Indian , Goan .

All in all ......one of my most favourite property ......
Already been there 4 times and many more visits in future also .....

1  Thank sarvesh129
TajExoticaGoa, Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

At the outset I would like to thank you very much for your feedback and your words of praise for services received from the hotel associates.

Guest feedback is a pre-eminent barometer for us to measure our performance and I am pleased to note that we met and surpassed your expectations. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your pleasant experience at Taj Exotica.

Do let me know of your future travel plans and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Taj Exotica.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The stand out for the Taj Exotica in Goa is the exceptional level of service you can expect from all members of staff - right the way from the house keeping staff, through to the waiters and managers - all extremely courteous and will do their very best to accommodate your requests. I had informed them in advance that it was my dad's birthday on day of arrival - and they had kindly arranged, chocolates and cakes and upgraded our room!

In terms of the property itself I can only reiterate what others have said - its an immaculately maintained and manicured 56 acre property - that is a pleasure to walk around and be a part of.

The hotel itself is situated on a beach - whilst not a private beach - the section of the beach used by the hotel wasn't used by anyone else and we certianly weren't hassled by beggars / sellers. The beach itself is clean - so no problems on that front.

Breakfast each morning is a delight - with freshly squeezed juices, a mixture of Indian and western items on offer - and an effort is made to rotate the items on offer each day. We didn't try any of the other resaturants on site - TIP: If you don;t want to pay the Taj prices for food (which are very expensive by Indian standards and on a par with top restaurants in the UK) try the Sun and Moon shack which is just set slightly back when turning right out of the Taj section of the beach.

Although we didn't use the spa - it had appear to have lots to offer. We did use the gym which has a reasonable range of equipment to suit most needs.

There is a decent pool area with plenty of loungers nearby.

Now for the cons (which means I would really have liked to rate this 4 1/2 stars - but given that I don't have this option and to rate this hotel 4 unfair - I have had to go the other way and give the 5 rating):

- Rooms: Whilst perfectly clean and well maintained, as others have said, these require significant modernisation - especially the bathrooms - where for the price of the hotel you expect more than a shower above a bathtub (although accepted it was a very powerful shower!). This isn't a significant issue given that you spend so little time in the rooms - but for the price you pay I would expect a more modern room.

-WiFi: This isn't necessarily an issue for Taj Exotica Goa - but for the Taj Group in general - where despite the high prices - WiFi charges are extra. This is unnaceptable in this day where wifi is no longer perceived to be a luxury.

- Beach loungers: I accept that no amount of loungers is never enough but I'm sure the beach can cope with a few more than the 12 or 13 currently out there which you have to be up at 7am for to even have a chance of getting a space on!

Overall - a top notch Taj Property - and I'll definitely be back - though maybe after any room renovation projects have been completed!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Guest feedback is a pre-eminent barometer for us to measure our performance and in this instance I am pleased to note that we met and surpassed your expectations. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your pleasant experience at Taj Exotica.

I have made a note of your feedback regarding upgradation of rooms and I would like to take this opportunity to bring to your kind attention that Taj Exotica is slated for renovation and we are in the process of finalizing our master renovation plan which will commence in the near future.

I have also made a note of your feedback regarding the wifi charges at the hotel and this issue regarding the complimentary wifi is being reviewed by the Senior Leadership at the Taj Group.

With regards to your mention of beach loungers, since the beach is a public beach, necessary government licenses are required every year and only a fixed number of beds are permitted by the Tourism Ministry.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best of attention and services at all times.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed as a couple. four days and six days, either side of a short tour to a tiger reserve in November 2013. There isn't a lot to add to other reviews other than to add emphasis and support of the fact that this is simply a wonderful place to stay. We intend to return to Goa in March 2014 and after this experience wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Garden view villas are large, very well appointed, very well insulated from the three neighbours in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad to note we met your expectations and you will stay with us during your next visit to Goa in March 2014.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Taj Exotica.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed in these hotel two times with beautiful expirience. Very luxiory hotel in the traditional Indian style. Situated directly on the beach, very good and various meals, fantastic beach.
It is possible to have a long walk on the beach.

Room Tip: All are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant experience at Taj Exotica. I am glad to note we met your expectations during both your visits.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Taj Exotica.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
The Leela Goa
Radisson Blu Resort Goa Cavelossim Beach
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 66 in Candolim

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa? Share your experiences!