We have just returned home today after an excellent two week stay at the Taj Exotica.The hotel is not new and the rooms could do with redecorating but our deluxe sea view accomodation was spacious,comfortable and ideally situated.The staff are very attentive,helpful,willing and keen to know that everything is to one's satisfaction.The food is delicious - the buffet dinner we attended on our second night had every aspect of Indian cuisine you could have wished for with sufficient choice to eat for hours.We had to restrain ourselves to avoid completely overindulging.We ate in three restaurants and the quality was excellent and it was impossible to pick one as superior to the others interms of quality,service etc.You don't come to the Taj for lavish entertainment and a high night life;with around 120 rooms with up to 250 guests ,apart from breakfast and the area around the pool and surrounding quiet spot,you scarcely saw any of the other guests which we thought was brilliant.This is a perfect hotel for doing absolutely nothing if that is your choice however you can play a little golf,swim,bike ride or walk around the 50+ acres of garden but to be honest we couldn't be bothered.Chill out was our theme for the two weeks and that is exactly what we did and we enjoyed every minute.The 5 star restaurants have 5 star prices and to see how the other half lives you must eat at the beach shacks which we did on several occasions.The food was delicious and a meal for two with beers cost similar to a single main course in the hotel.Overall we had an excellent two weeks and are considering a similar visit next year.One major downside however was Thomas Cook with whom we booked the holiday.Our outgoing flight was 25 hours late and 5 hours late returning home today.As yet no offers on the table for our missed day at the Taj...... Other people we met came with Thomsons and suffered minimal problems - a thought for our next visit perhaps? We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to completely relax during their stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the south coast of Goa on the Benaulim beach, a mere 27 km from the airport, this 56 acre 140 room resort has a 700 meter beach frontage and a lovely view of the sea. With 3 specialty restaurants, a beach front seasonal seafood shack, a 24 hour all day diner, 2 bars, 2 spas and a seasonal outdoor spa pavilion, this resort is a popular haunt for the international as well as domestic travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Goa Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Goa Hotel Benaulim
- Taj Exotica Hotel Goa
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa Benaulim