“basic time share accomodation”
Review of Karma Royal Palms

Karma Royal Palms
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed November 26, 2009

Probably equivalent to Uk 2 star accommodation, in need of a coat of paint, weeds growing out of balconies and pool needing a clean

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank susan m

Reviewed November 6, 2009

I like RGBC Property. The major problem with them is the booking is never available when we want. They should be more transparent in their booking. They should show us online chart where we can see if the week is available or not rather than depending on them. They sell all the booking to foreigners rather than their own members.

You also get bonus weeks which are much cheaper than your annual maintenance. Why would someone be a member when he can get booking cheaper directly from them?

Zerohash.
Management Team Please reply To My Comment...

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2009

First the good news- very hospitable staff & very clean, very efficient service. Now for the minus points- doesn't give you the luxury & top end facilities you expect from a "Resort". The campus is rather cramped as are the rooms. But no sooner you experience their warm hospitality & efficiency you forget the minuses & appreciate their efforts to make you feel comfortable, the guidance they give you to find your way around etc.... Extra attention is paid to keep the kids entertained & occupied by arranging interesting art & craft & personality building workshops all through the day. This certainly gives the grownups time & space they really need to relax & unwind without having to baby-sit them all day long! Beach is conveniently only one kilometer away. That is an advantage. Overall a memorable vacation at Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms.

Regards,
Rashida.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank panmerc
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at the Royal Palms recently. I was really not looking foward to it after reading the other reviews on trip advisor. I was however pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and adequate, I have no complaints. Perhaps Benaulim is not the best pick for a Goan holiday, but Anthys restaurant is awesome.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank AnniePash
Reviewed October 4, 2009

This was my second vacation at Royal Palms.

I was apprehensive in booking the property reading all negative comments that were written by multiple people. I even discussed this with the Front Desk Manager (Mr. Michael) right after booking. He assured me an enjoyable vacation and kept his word.

My expectation when I joined their points club was not that of a 5 Star resort where you are pampered at a very high price but a nice little cozy place giving enough comforts for a nice holiday at a great price. I would honestly say the resort lived up to the expectations.

The quality of service and quality of the resort was outstanding this time also. I would say absolute value for money. The rooms where clean and tidy all equipments and utensils in pristine condition. Well equipped kitchenette. Housekeeping doing their job extremely well.

The food from the restaurant room service was excellent (A bit pricey though). An excellent low cost option is the Meridian restaurant right across the resort. You get to hire cars also outside the resort at cheaper rates than at the resort. Try to contact Lewis right outside the resort for self driven Car / Bike hire. He gives excellent rates and no need to bargain with him at all ( I got an Swift for 800 INR a day from him)

The staff very courteous (I had forgotten to take the gold card that gives me a 10% off on room service bills but the management gave me the discounts without the card being presented).

There where enough activities at the activity center which will fully occupy the kids. The pool is maintained very well. Clean Pool towels and recliners(Deck chairs) is pretty well maintained. One big block of apartments was closed and undergoing annual renovation while I was at the resort and the management says it will be ready pretty soon.

Regarding Marketing nothing comes free in life. I had the resort marketing (Anil ) try upgrading my package to a better one (trying to get me spend another 50K) and wanted me attending his presentation at Hathi Mahal. But in return for spending 45 minutes (Informative on new products (Karma Properties/RHINC offered) I was in no way bound to attend it as my stay was on annual entitlement and not promotional. So I got a free ride to Hathi Mahal & Cavelosim beach use of Hathi Mahal pool and Jacuzzi for agreeing to spend that time. My kid enjoyed the water slide there as well and the games room near the presentation area. The guy was no very pushy on me taking up his offer he left it to my call in a very gentle and civilized manner after explaining the product. , which was very competitive though but I decided not to go for that offer.

Be prepared to spend couple of hours for the marketing folks if you are doing a free week at their resort and I heard from people on promotional packages that they enforce it. If you try to beat them in not attending it you are in for bad time.( As explained by Mr. Steven the GM of the resort , It was he who ensured I get the gold card discount)

**** The red/green painted apartments are not part of the royal group and there is not enough staff for housekeeping and I heard the apartments are not maintained from guys who got into one of those. they don’t get pool towels / deck chairs as well (Double check that you are getting booking into the royal managed property blue & white apartments to ensure you are treated well)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank mjchacko
Reviewed September 29, 2009

It was a worse experience for me & my family. Nothing was right with this group from the beginning. right from a confusion in booking us at a wrong place, poor service quality, dirty rooms, no mobile signal inside the resort, no car park facility inside the resort, push for membership by the promotional team, I would not recommend this group to my known circle for membership. may be, their service is better through RCI, but i can only hope for that. The group as a whole, do not concentrate in the quality of service they provide to their guests and thats very disappointing. I would not consider this place to be value for money. Being member of another group, I didn't find this group upto the standard.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pkpanda115
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We stayed at the Royal Goan Beach club after becoming a Trial member of Club La Costa. We took the membership because Club La Costa assured us that all accommodation that they offered was first class, and we could always be sure the accommodation would be good, but when we arrived at the Royal Goan Beach Club, we were shown to an apartment up two flights of stairs, the stair wells were covered in garfitti, the porter showed us in and turned on the air conditioning which immediately blew the front of the unit off across the room, not a good start, then we looked at the room whcih was not at all clean, there was blood and duritus all up the walls in the bathroom, and all over the window, and the kitchen was flithy, we made a complaint and were moved to another apartment overlooking the pool, it was very noisy, and I noticed that a lot of the parosols around the pool were all broken.Very load rave music was played every afternoon by the pool. This room was marginally better, but still not good, we saw porters constanly walking about with plungers, which I felt was bad sign, and in fact we had to call reception on several occasions for the plunger assistance. The beds were the most uncomfortable I ever slept on, and although the receptioist was as helpful as possible the whole experience of India was totally spoilt by this experience. BUT please dont let me put you off India, it was fantastic and I will be back there early next year but not at this site. The people and the atmostsphere of everything is so nice and we had a great time hiring scooters and travelling the whole Goan coast, what a fantasitc experience. Dont miss goa because of the Royal Goan Beech Club

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank sherryWiltshire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Goa
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Palms? Share your experiences!