Very well maintained hotel and time share resort. Our one bed apartment on the third floor - good exercise since no lift - was equipped with all you would need to make your own occasional meal including the latest induction plate. (Not that we ever used it as eating out in the many restaurants within a step of the resort is so inexpensive).
The bed was very comfortable and the apartment had two balconies, one facing towards the rear and the other towards the front and reception, each one big enough for a couple of chairs and a clothes drying thingie for the wet swimwear and gave us a choice of shade or sun all day.
There is a restaurant on the site but it always looked rather empty and we never ate there. It is called the Trattoria but their menu featured the usual wide range of food types from Indian to Chinese and with English type meals in between.Anything ordered for eating around the pool comes from there and it did look very nice.
The area around the large swimming pool has been nicely decked since the first time I saw the Royal Palms some five years ago when the pool had simply rather nasty concrete around it. Indeed the whole place looks nicely decorated both inside and out. Our apartment had been recently refurbished we were told and it did look like it had.
We stayed 8 nights and although this place is quite expensive for India you do get a large living room with cable tv, a good modern bathroom, a/c and a king sized bedroom, so most people would probably feel it was worth the money. The staff we met were helpful and pleasant.
Now the beach is not very near. I would say it is about a 15 minute walk along the road. There are places right on the beach if that is important to you. But the Royal Palms is right in the midst of the little town with its many shops and bars and restaurants so that in the evening you do not have to go far for supper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Karma Royal Palms is a beautiful time share resort with a selection of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Landscaped with lovely gardens that also feature the palm trees that give the resort its name, this resort is just a ten minute walk to Benaulim beach. The Karma Royal Palms offers you the whole range of holiday amenities to help you have that complete vacation that you deserve. The 24 hour reception, gymnasium and children's activity programme all contribute to making your holiday as comfortable as possible while giving you the opportunity to discover the joys of Goan culture. Margao city the commercial hub of South Goa is just a 10 minute drive away if you like bustling markets and a spot of bargaining. You can also liven up your holiday with water sports, excursions and trips all organized by the travel desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Karma Royal Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Royal Palms Hotel Benaulim
- Royal Goan Beach Hotel
- Royal Goan Beach Resort
- Royal Goan Beach Benaulim
- Karma Royal Palms Goa/Benaulim