Here are my issues in the recent stay in RGBC - Royal Palms during my stay with family & friends in march 2014
1. The reception staff asked us to wait for over 15 minutes since the bell boy was having dinner at 8 PM. We had been traveling for 12 hours already !! Even after that we argued and then they had to call someone else to help us with our luggage
2. This is strictly a 2-3 star hotel. They have 3 floors, no lifts, apartment style construction with no AC in the sitting / dining area, and poorly maintained window ACs in the bedrooms.
3. The pool is very clean, however the surrounding area was being renovated, there were no markings as to where we were supposed to change or the washroom was, and the change room was very dirty - it had s**t on the floor!
4. The maintenance people were repeatedly told that the powerpoint in our bedroom was not working, but they did not come until we made a written complaint to the GM
5. The common area was poorly lit, with the stair case having at least 2 fused lights. Again this was informed to the maintenance staff, but over the course of 4 days that we stayed, no action was taken.
6. Our friends child fell ill, and the parents wanted to order in. However, the room service people did not pick up the phone repeatedly, and when we called the reception, they just asked us to call back the room service later. Finally, we went out and bought the food from a nearby restaurant.
There are a few things positive, which is why the place is just poor, and not terrible
1. The pool is clean.
2. Some of the cleaning staff is smiling and helpful
3. It is cheap, and located next to a bustling market.
The beach is at least a 10-15 minutes walk, but is nice & clean too
The GM - Neha is probably not in complete control and does not appear to know what is going in the resort. Staff appears unmotivated and disinterested, and work supervision appears absent.
They wanted us to buy the time share of RGBC, but seeing the condition of this property, we politely declined.
Still, we had a good trip to goa inspite of the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Karma Royal Palms is a beautiful time share resort with a selection of studios, one and two bedroom apartments. Landscaped with lovely gardens that also feature the palm trees that give the resort its name, this resort is just a ten minute walk to Benaulim beach. The Karma Royal Palms offers you the whole range of holiday amenities to help you have that complete vacation that you deserve. The 24 hour reception, gymnasium and children's activity programme all contribute to making your holiday as comfortable as possible while giving you the opportunity to discover the joys of Goan culture. Margao city the commercial hub of South Goa is just a 10 minute drive away if you like bustling markets and a spot of bargaining. You can also liven up your holiday with water sports, excursions and trips all organized by the travel desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Karma Royal Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Goan Beach Club At Royal Palms Hotel Benaulim
- Royal Goan Beach Hotel
- Royal Goan Beach Resort
- Royal Goan Beach Benaulim
- Karma Royal Palms Goa/Benaulim