“Very good and pleasant experience”
Review of Karma Royal Palms

Karma Royal Palms
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place is very close to the beautiful benaulim beach
The way the resort is built is nice with good architecture
Individual houses are well spaced out with enough privacy
Rooms are really neat, clean and spacious
Pool is very good where we played water polo and also the club house with all games
Only negative point - there was no In house restaurant to serve food anytime which made us run around for food whenever we got hungry

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Geenaat
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Greetings from Royal Palms
We are glad that your enjoyed your holidays with us.
We do have a in-house restaurant serves serves Italian speciality and also doubles up as a multi cuisine restaurant.
Sorry you miss out.
Thanking you for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Karma Royal Palms

Reviewed September 26, 2013

we stayed as family in sep 2013 for 4 nights. as we are from another club & we are recommended to this the hotel .rooms are very clean & neat but as we are from another club we are not treated at all ..twice i informed for room cleaning but no response .so careless.i think this may be because we are a guest member but we paid an amount to our club we are not free there ...they should take care... overall walking path is clean,weak mobile signal,good hot water ,pool is good for kids to enjoy,benallunium beach is very near ,also rental bikes are available,one MORE TORTURE is they will follow you to join their royal club MEMBER is horrible wasting allmost 4 hours or a THREATEN that we should pay the RACK RATE its really HORRIBLE..rest is ok

Room Tip: try near pool thats good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rksbalaji

Greetings from Royal Palms
I must apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We certainly do not make any distinguish amongst our guests.
We will look into this case and take necessary action.
Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Best Resort in south Goa and well equipped. Its a kind of flat which they are offering and seems very neat and clean.Its well situated and market is nearby with budgeted restaurants also.
Each flat consist of Kitchen with utensils so you can cook food also.'
So in one word, value for money hotel.

Room Tip: Have one Bedroon Hall Kitchen .4 people can accommodate there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dev_1485
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Greetings from Royal Palms

We thank you for taking time out to review our resort.
We are glad that you enjoyed our resort its facilities and location.
Soon our season will commence and we will have even more entertainment and lots of other new restaurants will be opening up.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This resort is great place to spend your vacations at a reasonable amount with Family. It is a reasonably good property, There are close by all the shops where you will get all the stuff which you need for cooking your food,there is full furnished kitchen which is provided in the resort The kitchens makes your vacation more comfortable .
Resort has a good restaurant,There is nice swimming pool and they have good activities for the occupants to keep them busy.Convenient location,nearby beach,good food available, in all a nice package for entire family.
My purpose was to relax and that was fulfilled. The staff at both reception and guest relations were very friendly and helpful at all. The cleaning staff were efficient, fast and listened to my several requests and carried out those without any arguement. The restaurant food was excellent, very tasty but tad expensive.
Only problme of the netwok of Mobile phone signals are absent or very weak throughout the property. So, we had to "walk while talk" on the roads outside the resort.
Royal Palms is un-doubtably the best property at Benaulium considering its cost and services provided.

3  Thank D B
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Greetings from Royal Palms

We are extremely glad to know that you and your family had a great time with us and we look forward to staying with us again.

Our concept of kitchenette facility is greatly appreciated by all our members.

We thank you for your review

Best Wishes

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have gone to Royal Palms Resort Benaulim in June 2013. we stayed in the hotel 4 nights and 3 days. Hotel is OK. But the Management is very bad. They forced us to take membership and finalise the our opinion immediately and pay the money worth of round 2.5 lakhs rupees. We said we will come back within one day. But they didn't allow whole day they have given presentation and forced us to take membership. We said we don't want to take, then they didn't allow my kids in the hotel to go to the swimming pool. My husband asked them and they behaved very rudely and they said vacate the room and go. Its very bad management. Restautant also very bad. food is not tasty.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank santhi m
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Palms!
We are so happy to hear this was one of your best stays at our resort and you enjoyed all the facilities.
Thanks for appreciating the service, we do endeavor to offer the best possible services to all our guests and ensure they have a comfortable and memorable vacation.

We look forward to having you back for another great vacation.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I would like to start up saying that I was targeted by the marketing team that called me several times for the 7 nights offer for a bargain (free, I must say). I should have smelled something fishy. However I went for the offer and I dread my decision till date.

I was shown room after room and they were one worse then the other.

1. The reception area was absolutely not welcoming. It looked like a makeshift office. Half the people at the counter were not aware of the procedures and phone numbers of people to contact in case of issues. I know the local language and I understood exactly what they spoke and thought about me and my family (I cannot expect something better from staff whose managers are of the sort I saw and experienced)
2. The rooms that I was sown were dirty (I do not mean not cleaned). The closets had dirt marks, the crockery seemed to be used for ages, the TVs were of ancient age, the fridges doors were cracked (I dare not open any fridge).
3. One of the last rooms that I was told was recently upgraded to a 4 star level (as mentioned by your site manager) had metal beds with a plywood placed on top on which the mattress was placed. The plywood was so prominent.. if this was thier definition of upgraded one can only imagine the rest….
4. One can imagine the quality of food and cleanness at the restaurants.. and other facilities..
5. The quality of the towels at the swimming pool is a must see….
6. And lots more….

Result, I did not check-in. I booked Grand Hyatt in Bambolim and left. I was told that my deposit of USD 172.00 will not be refunded... for USD 172.00 I could not put my family into such a ordeal. I have raised the issue to the management. but the reply seems to be the same (no refund).

My advice to RGBC - target the right kind of people that will appreciate what you have to offer.. not everybody will....

Room Tip: None are good....
13  Thank BLodaya
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Palms and sharing such a positive review.
The location of the resort is in fact outstanding with just a 10 minute walk to the beach with numerous shops in the vicinity and car and bike rentals at reasonable rates.
We are glad you found the accommodation spacious, clean and pleasant and all unit amenities useful.
Also great to hear that you found the swimming pool well maintained and enjoyed the other resort facilities like Gym, Grocery shop , recreation room.
I am delighted that you found the services nice and the front office and house keeping team friendly and helpful and you had a nice and memorable stay!
I will certainly pass on your appreciation for Umar and Wilma in the sales and marketing team.

We do hope too welcome you back for another memorable family holiday!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

the call centre assured when you reach, will be given alternate accommodation till your allotted flat is made available was absurd, as they put us in room which was shared with other guests, room needed to be open all the time and even if there were no other guest, was harshly told not to lie down.After a long train travel from bangalore , reaching early morning, waiting in the alternate guest room was horrible experience. we went for breakfast till the rooms get ready, the rates were insanely high..like 3 star, I will not even give 1 star to this royal palms, the 1 bedroom flat was very small, living area could either have the sofa open or dining table used. the only good thing was gas and utensils in the kitchen. there was no arrangement for tea/sugar in the kitchen. the bathroom supplies was just given on first day. Room cleaning service needed to be called every time we had to get it cleaned. Pool usage had special rules for different guests, I was told to go only in swim suit and not in Tshirt/shorts; where as we saw women in burka , covered on head too ; in the pool. We had go and get water, few blocks away and was given with just one bottle.

Call center also assured there will be no extra charges for kid, which was rudely denied by the reception so had to pay extra for kid, which gave us just a mattress. Taxi charges was insainly high, if you walk a bit and try to hire other taxies, then u had to leave it few blocks before due to the TAXI mafia .

6  Thank 958m_s
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest
We sincerely regret the inconveniece caused to you which was not intential.
You were accomodated in general waiting room till your room is ready since you arrived early.
Our standard checkin time is 4.00 pm in the evening.
Our restaurant pricing on par with any three star property in India.
We certainly do follow very strick rules in the swimming pool however they are instances where some guests do snick into the pool without registing and we then have to ask them to dress in proper pool attire.
John Peter

water, few blocks away and was given with just one bottle.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Palms? Share your experiences!