“Good Place but no network”
Review of Karma Royal Palms

Karma Royal Palms
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at RGBC at royal palms. It was a nice experience. The blankets were not washed and most annoying part was that it had no network for mobile phones. We opted for two 1 BHK apartments. It had all the basic facilities.

Overall the stay was good.

2  Thank AnitJ
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

I am John Peter the General Manager at Royal Palms and I am thankful and grateful for the reviews that you have commented upon.
Yes, I certainly agree that part of the resort is in need of renovations which is being carried out in stages.
Your concerns regarding hygiene and blankets in the room have being looked into and rectifications are in progress.
I would like to thank you once again for your time and efforts in passing on your reviews.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had stayed in Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms in Jan '13 for 6 nights and can say that this is a good resort with all facilities. I was provided a 1 BHK apartment with all facilities including kitchen (with all utensils & Gas). You can cook food in case you want to. Benaulim beach is at just 10 min walking distance and there are lot of restaurants around resort and Sky Roof Top (opposite the resort) is the one of the best.

Rooms are quite enough for a family of 3-4 members. But floor needs attention as the floor tiles are not clean. Similarly furniture also needs to be replaced. Swimming pool is clean and well maintained. Restaurant serves great food at normal price.

Staff is helpful except the receptionist who does not seem to helpful at all. I had booked a room from Saturday and reached there Sunday morning at 7 am. It was already informed to resort staff and same was confirmed 1 day before but still they made me wait for 2 hrs to provide the room.

Overall it was a nice experience and good place to stay for family vacation.

2  Thank Hunk_79

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

Your concerns regarding hygiene in the room have being looked into and rectifications are in progress.
We have 175 apartments at Royal Palms of which 104 have already been refurbished the remaining apartments will be completed in a span of one year.
I assure you that two years down the line this resort will be fully refurbished and will be a different place.
I am glad that your enjoyed our pool side bar and restaurant.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff is not bad.. They try hard to please you, however the resort needs a complete makeover.. The furniture in the rooms is quite dated.. We had a 2-bedroom apartment with just one television in the living room.. That too a small 21 inch, the old box type with very poor sound quality..

The food in the restaurant is spicy and despite our request for a non-spicy prepartion and while they tried to dilute the spice levels, at the end of it, it was still too spicy for our kids to eat.. Neither was it too great in taste either..too much salt in the preparation.. We then started eating at various other hotels.

The housekeeping is strictly okay.. They change towels once every 2 days.

The beach is a good 2kms away..

If this is your only alternative under an RCI exchange, then maybe one would take it.. otherwise, it does not make sense to pay and book this resort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dhiren1

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

Your concerns regarding taste of food in the restaurant have being looked into and rectifications are in progress.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We spent a couple of days with our large extended family. It was great fun, with the children in the pool the whole day and at the beach the whole evening.

The hotel is set in a locality where the people are very friendly and helpful, and the rickshaws do not overcharge you.

The property is well maintained and service is satisfactory.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the ground floor, if you are travelling with elderly folk. The rooms facing the poo...
1  Thank SureshWilliams

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

I am John Peter and I am thankful and grateful for the reviews that you have commented upon our resort
I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday with us and also the surrounding.
Yes Benaulim is indeed a lovely quiet place and hoping that it remains that way.
We at Royal Palms wish you all the best and hope to see you once again in future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

we went there in jan 2013...first of all this property is not worthy of a royal property..there is most definitly haathi mahal not very far off...and after seeing royal palms u knw why haathi mahal is over booked..
the rooms are average...the service though is very prompt...the pool and other activities are nothing to write home abt..
my first visit to this property and most certainly my last...
now to the bright points - the rooms though small are well kept and the amenities are all there...
the small shop in the complex makes buying things of daily use...
the restaurent is a pleasent surprise...the food is yummy,,,a must try....
but what makes ur day is that banaulim beach is an extremely quiet and relaxing place to b...

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.
I am John Peter and I am thankful and grateful for the reviews that you have commented upon.
We are also currently in the process of having the entire resort connected with internet facility.
I am very much glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and the beach

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't know why people says it as a 5 star property, it was like 4 star property. The facilities they provide are not even 4 star. Some times the electricity trips and they do not have the immediate back up for it.
But over all experience was good.
It is preferred, that you take room near swimming pool on upper side at it is better than the rooms near reception,
And be ready to pay the bill more then expected, as they even charge for refilling the coffee and sugar pouches.

Room Tip: try the rooms near upper side of the hotel, as it is good there
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anshul G

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

For your information we being a time share resort charge for replenishment of tea/coffee sachets, it is only the starter pack that is offered complimentory.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms, Benaulim, Goa in May 2011 for six days. We got 1 BHK suite with all kitchen utensils. Room was quite good. Resort also has in-house shop for routine daily needs like mineral water, ready made food items, dairy products, ice-creams etc. and it is available at MRP price only, no extra charges. We have very good experience with Restaurant as well. Delicious food was served at quite reasonable price. Overall it was very good experience.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms has better view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank krunalVadodara

Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your holiday at the Royal Palms and we would be delighted to serve you once again the the future.

Royal Palms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
1 mi away
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#1 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Palms? Share your experiences!