“not worthy of a royal group property”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Karma Royal Palms

Karma Royal Palms
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Benaulim
Navi Mumbai, India
“not worthy of a royal group property”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

we went there in jan 2013...first of all this property is not worthy of a royal property..there is most definitly haathi mahal not very far off...and after seeing royal palms u knw why haathi mahal is over booked..
the rooms are average...the service though is very prompt...the pool and other activities are nothing to write home abt..
my first visit to this property and most certainly my last...
now to the bright points - the rooms though small are well kept and the amenities are all there...
the small shop in the complex makes buying things of daily use...
the restaurent is a pleasent surprise...the food is yummy,,,a must try....
but what makes ur day is that banaulim beach is an extremely quiet and relaxing place to b...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Royal_Resorts_India, General Manager at Karma Royal Palms, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.
I am John Peter and I am thankful and grateful for the reviews that you have commented upon.
Yes, I certainly agree that part of the resort is in need of renovations which is being carried out in stages.
We have 175 apartments at Royal Palms of which 104 have already been refurbished the remaining apartments will be completed in a span of one year.
I assure you that two years down the line this resort will be fully refurbished and will be a different place.
We are also currently in the process of having the entire resort connected with internet facility.
I am very much glad that you enjoyed our restaurant and the beach
I would like to thank you once again for your time and efforts in passing on your reviews.

Royal Palms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Sonipat, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't know why people says it as a 5 star property, it was like 4 star property. The facilities they provide are not even 4 star. Some times the electricity trips and they do not have the immediate back up for it.
But over all experience was good.
It is preferred, that you take room near swimming pool on upper side at it is better than the rooms near reception,
And be ready to pay the bill more then expected, as they even charge for refilling the coffee and sugar pouches.

Room Tip: try the rooms near upper side of the hotel, as it is good there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anshul G
Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

For your information we being a time share resort charge for replenishment of tea/coffee sachets, it is only the starter pack that is offered complimentory.

Vadodara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Royal Goan Beach Club at Royal Palms, Benaulim, Goa in May 2011 for six days. We got 1 BHK suite with all kitchen utensils. Room was quite good. Resort also has in-house shop for routine daily needs like mineral water, ready made food items, dairy products, ice-creams etc. and it is available at MRP price only, no extra charges. We have very good experience with Restaurant as well. Delicious food was served at quite reasonable price. Overall it was very good experience.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms has better view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank krunalVadodara
Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your holiday at the Royal Palms and we would be delighted to serve you once again the the future.

Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I came with my parents. They gave us personal guide who took us for all what we should eat and see. So, I'm very grateful to them - it helped me to love India even more and especially it helped to my parents. They still remember that trip.
Rooms are like flats, with bedroom, hall with sofa and kitchen. Personnel everyday changes your bed. Very clean and pleasant place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Royal Palms at Benaulim Goa.

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your holiday at the Royal Palms and we would be delighted to serve you once again the future.

mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had booked RGBC's property for summer vacations 2012 under some business promotion deal that they had. It's a huge property with various category of rooms ; I guess I would have got "economy class" due to availing the business promotion offer.

No worries though - the rooms were clean, spic and span and everything was working. Easily the standards of a 4 star luxury hotel and while the construction is done in a manner that is un nerving from outside, once inside the resort, its a closed gated community kind of feeling. The room service is normal goan standards - a tide slow but since you are on a holiday, you dont mind the slight delays. The important thing was that all the facilities they had were working properly !! The swimming pool was clean, the games room had all the stuff games rooms are supposed to have and the resort staff kept on holding various events for the guests every day at various times to keep the guests entertained and occupied.

Even the small kitchen cabinet was nicely stocked so that we could prepare snacks, tea/coffee etc at room only. The resort even has a small kirana shop inside the premises so that you could buy stuff like maggi, bread, milk etc without going out of campus.

My family thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Even the attached restaurant was able to dish out tasty food at extremely reasonable prices. Would definitely love to go back !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank saurav_saha
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This resort could become one of hot property had there staff and other amenities improved. Attitude of staff is not commendable. rather need a change. rooms are good and comfortable but house keeping staff have miserable attitude.

Room Tip: select a room near pool area and on ground or first floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well I visited Royal Goan Beach Club to stay for a week, with my wife to celebrate our anniversary, between 29.11.12 to 05.12.12.

The most important part was that we had been offered free accommodation in their business promotion package. So I really had a big concern about what kind of room, facility they will provide on free accommodation.

Infact I made up my mind that if they provide any dirty/filty room, I’ll immediately move to some other good hotel. But to my biggest surprise when I checked in at 3pm on 29.12.12, I found an independent 1BHK fully furnished service apartment had been allocated to us. It was neat & clean. The only thing which was not liked by my wife was that it was on 4th floor that too without any lift & there was no good view from balcony. Else room was perfect which any couple require....safe, independent, clean...ready to use kitchen (as I’m veggie.. so more useful to me).

Further I spent 5-days there & used many facility like swimming pool, gym but there was no difference in treatment. We were treating as good as like any other foreign guest who was staying there or any other Indian guest who was staying by paying full payment.

But yes I had to spent one complete day to attend their promotional sales presentation where their sales executive tried to sell their membership of 25yrs. Infact to be very honest I find that too is reasonable if somebody compare cost with Club Mahindra, Sterling Holidays & other... But yes I was not prepared for any such membership so I refused for it, which their executive took it positively.

Finally balance four days we spent there without any trouble, issue...
Infact my wife who didn’t like it on first sight gradually liked it so much that she insisted to extend holiday for further one week & asked to extend staying at this resort by paying money...

So in nutshell..I find this place cool, calm, safe, good place to spend time with your own self & your own family....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vvv_methi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Karma Royal Haathi Mahal
Baywatch Beach Resort
Beleza...by the beach
Beleza...by the beach
#2 of 6 in Betalbatim

Been to Karma Royal Palms? Share your experiences!