We arrived by overnight train and came to the hotel by taxi at 5.30am in the morning and drove in and saw a beautiful front hotel entrance and gardens.We were lucky as our room had been vacated and we were able to have an additional sleep before breakfast. Coffees were needed and our waiter soon realised every morning that we always said 'yes' to 'top ups'. It became a bit of a joke.All the restaurant staff were great, and the omelette chef made delicious mixtures for us. The main restaurant was in a lovely setting for lunches and dinners, and we tried to speak the language but my sister was able to have conversations in Nepalese too. The training for the staff must have been top grade. We were lucky after breakfast one morning to see the coconuts being collected and eventually loaded onto a truck. We stayed in the Hotel but in the grounds there are also Cabins/Cottages which could be good. But our room had a balcony and faced the pool through the palms and one could see the artistically lit restaurant lights in the evenings.We also spent lots of time on the beach so it was great to have Joecons Beach Shack down there with its sunbeds,brollies and towels.It's a cafe so we could have drinks and food too and watch the sun set. We used it as our base and walked only 'some' of 75kms of sandy beach. We walked to Colva but were glad that we had booked into Joecons. I'd got the name from Australian friends whom I'd travelled with in Indo China, whose next door neighbours had come back from staying here and recommended it. It was difficult looking at Rough Guide and Lonely Planet and choosing and though it was upmarket from my usual it was great and excellent value but it was people working there who the Hotel must be proud of.We would return there in future.If you are travelling in Southern India it's a good place to have a beach relaxing time.Now back in Wales we have many happy memories - the two sisters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to beach - situated near the beach in Benaulim, this resort is close to Benaulim Beach, Varca Beach and Colva Beach. Nearby attractions also include Fatorda Stadium and Cavelossim Beach. Complimentary breakfast - Joecons Beach Resort offers a complimentary breakfast and reception to guests. The resort also features a restaurant and a swim-up bar. Balconies with views - guestrooms open to balconies with garden or pool views and feature beds with memory foam mattresses. Other amenities include LCD televisions with premium cable channels and washers/dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Joecons Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Joecons Beach Hotel Benaulim
- Joecons Beach Resort Goa/Benaulim