“Great value, clean and right on the beach”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benaulim
Anthy's Guest House
Ranked #7 of 28 Benaulim B&B and Inns
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Great value, clean and right on the beach”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Lovely place to stay, beautiful gardens and right on the beach. Staff were friendly, although service very laid back but fine if your just watching the sea and in no hurry:-) We also ate there most days, mainly Indian food but were really impressed with the food. One of the highlights of our trip. The beach is beautiful and Anthy's is situated at a fairly quiet stretch.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for air con! It was the coldest air con we found!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sunsearcher7

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2012

It was a week that we spent there starting from New Year's eve. They had a nice live DJ in the restaurant and Bon Fire on Sand and they served awesome food. It was a wonderful celebration.

Rooms are very spacious, neat and clean, with a nice sit-out in front of every room. Guest house is beautiful and they have a lovely restaurant with yummy food. Staff is very polite, hospitable and helpful.

On 31st Dec. and 1st Jan. there was a little delay in serving the food, probably it was too crowded that day, but after that the food was served in time. We paid Rs. 2,500/- per night per room during the peak time, and I think since it is on the beach accommodation, it is reasonable.

We enjoyed our stay thoroughly over there and would like to stay there on our future visits to Goa.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not facing Garden have bigger Bathrooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank CharuDawar
norwich
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've stayed at this place three times over the last 5 years. Always found the food to be excellent and of course the location is perfect.......but. .... I don't get why they are so busy, The service is poor and I was constantly asked for money from waiters who wanted to set up their own business....usually in Nepal where a lot of the staff come from. There are many other places with an equally good position and offering much better value.
On every visit I've paid £20 per room per night which is exorbitant for Goa. On my last visit I stayed somewhere else that was only £2.50 per night but I'm keeping quiet about that in case everyone goes !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank jennyNorwich
Delhi
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I've been to Goa twice this year, stayed at Anthy's both times, each time after visiting a range of unappealing options, including one in Palolem. Anthy's seemed so much nicer in comparison we actually took the 2 hour trip back up to Benaulim to stay there. We loved the place, they have a nice clean stretch of beach in Sernabatim, an older quieter kind of guest and helpful yet non-intrusive hotel staff. It's the kind of place where you could loll on a deck chair reading your kindle or ipad or paper book the whole day, popping into the water every now and then, taking breaks for lunch. The food is not the greatest (but not bad) but the nice thing is, you can easily walk to other places for food. The rooms are neat, airy and breezy. I recommend Benaulim over places north and further south any day. Palolem is cramped and grungy and hot - Benaulim is nicely spread out, there's lots of space, a lot of breeze and the people are more laid back. It's not a wild party place but there's enough live music (esp in season) happening in Benaulim and Colva nearby. For a 30s and above more laid back traveller.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EllenDelhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 11, 2011

i spent a week in Goa and although I stayed at the RCI resort in Benaulim, everyday I would walk or cycle to Anthy's and spend my day there. It is perfectly located, on the beach between Benaulim and Colva. The food is good, the seating comfortable, the place is clean (though I think the toilet attached the restaurant could be cleaner) and the staff pleasant and friendly. The view is perfect, an uninterrupted expanse of sea and sands, spectacular especially at sunset. I enjoyed the peace and quiet, the opportunity to truly unwind. I would reccomend Anthy's to anyone who goes to Goa to get recharged and rejuvenated as I did.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lee_Krishnan
dubai
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have been to Goa twice and stayed here both times and would do so again. It is cheap, basic and clean. The photos posted are exactly what you get, including a western toilet. No hot water but the guys will bring it to you in buckets if you like. Very chilled out and friendly staff. Very good food. And you are staying right on the beach! The beds are quite uncomfortable but not a big deal - you can sleep all day on the sun lounger or in the sand on the idyllic, clean beach. Oh and go for a good massage on site as well!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cocorotsie
Oxford
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My partner and I stayed at Anthy's for two nights after travelling around the north of India. We paid 1500Rs a night. The rooms were the cleanest that we had seen whilst in India, which was a relief. A mosquito net was provided, although it did have some holes in it. The water in the shower/taps was cold, which was a bit annoying as they said there would be hot water, to be honest we weren't suprised that it was cold as that seems to be the norm for budget guest houses. Great location on the beach. Nice seating area with washing line at the front of the room. Nice restaurant on the beach with nice food. I would reccomend for a budget place. Very quiet area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Starsky1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Beleza...by the beach
#4 of 14 in Benaulim
Carina Beach Resort
Carina Beach Resort
#5 of 14 in Benaulim

Been to Anthy's Guest House? Share your experiences!