“The worst hotel ever”
Review of Lotus Beach Resort

Lotus Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is the worst hotel I've ever been. Not only the facilities but also the service. At the entrance, the room that were destined to me had another person sleeping in that were awake suddenly in the night. My surprise was big but I can't imagine how the person that was in that room could feel. There were ants, spiders in bed and mosquitos. The walls paint was in bad conditions and the ceiling of the bathroom had a lot of moisture and fungus. We only slept 2 hours and the following evening when we took the luggage to leave the hotel because we were not able to sleep there another night we were not refunded for the already payed nights. In addition to this, at the check in we were forced to pay in advance for an additional night that we did not needed an also this quantity was not returned to us. In addition to this the room was not cleaned up after the fist night and we had to pay for two nights while we have only been in the hotel for 3 hours only. The breakfast was awful and the distance from Goa Airport too far.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mgemmam

Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a well designed well furnished property. This was our first ever stay in Goa and we truely loved it.
It's rather lavish stay. Kitchen in each apartment is fully equipped and those who love experimental cooking would freek.
Food in the resort as well as just outside on beach-side eateries is really nice.
Love the beach, be at the beach, eat at beachside and sleep in a cozy apartment: that was how our day was during our stay. Staff is helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DipakAbhyankar
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Reaching hotel ; The hotel is located far away from the Madgaon Railway station and the airport. So you will need a taxi or an auto to reach there. We landed at 4am in Madgaon and used a pre paid taxi which took us there in 20 mins. The roads are in good shape.
Check in ; We had requested for an early check in & were told would be given if available. So we were slightly apprehensive but were given room as soon as we reached at 5am in the morning.
Stay : The hotel is well maintained. The room was spacious with comfortable bed, AC, clean toilet with geyser. It did not have any balcony but a large window overlooking the courtyard (or garden as per the room location). The room was cleaned everyday but sheets changed after only 2-3 days (which seems to be a norm for all 2-3 star hotels across here).
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a problem with shower which was rectified within 30 mins. They also helped us in getting a bike on hire (negotiated with the owner directly on the price) and fixing the itinerary for the trip. We only had morning breakfast (which was OK, nothing fancy but filling); no dinner as the price was pretty high.
The beast part was the location. It is just 250 mts from the beach. The benaulim beach is beautiful with many beach shacks and opportunity for water sports. You get all the shops, ATM you need between the beach and Maria Hall -- within 700mts.

One point worth mentioning. We had by mistake left my jeans. When I later rang up the hotel they said that they did not recover any thing from the room apart from the belt (which by itself was costly) -- was surprised by the fact. But they noted down my residential address and couriered the belt back at no extra cost.

Conclusion : Very good experience from the hotel (surprised & feeling lucky after seeing some bad reviews from couple of visitors); good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sub_roy
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Firstly..it was in some nowhere land. couldn't find it. Then the reception staff were trying to trick us. insisted in a local address when we were from malaysia. refused our travel agents address. Didn't help us to get our driver and kept on insisting that he is missing and wanted us to take a hired vehicle at rupees 450 to the shops nearby ( only 300m away) since they knew we would want to walk with two kids and an aunt with walking stick. Could not lock the room door. Didn't have a choice but waited 1 hour for dinner at the restaurant when we were the only ones there. my kids slept off there on the table. Smell was bad in the rooms. next morning had more shocks no breakfast had to wait and order and made us pay for half of it. Swimming pool was a shocker had dead cockroach and full of green algae but they claim they didn't wash for 2 days...looks like 2 months they didn't clean it. we refused to stay after the final thing was when it rained the staff were walking pass us with umbrella and refused to help us to the restaurant for breakfast. we were expected to get wet. Reception staff took our pasport and refused to give it back until my husband raised his voice. We moved out after 1 night and cancelled our reamining 2 nights booking but they refused a refund. We lost Rupees 20000. Never step your feet there. we hope no one goes there anymore since they are not going to be responsible for their own doing. You are like in a trap and you will not feel safe at all.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pavalam
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Well built hotel with great and airy rooms. The area of the resort is small though, but good green peaceful place.
A few meter away from the Beach where you can spend the evening.
The thing which I missed was the balcony in the room and dental kit in washroom.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AVH12
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I booked this resort as it was the first one that came on the google search, I had to book an urgent trip to Goa, and I decided to go for the cheapest and best looking one in the list.

After checking in, they gave me a standard room (which I had asked for), but the room stank really badly, I asked for room freshner and it arrived late. I had to call up twice for the same, once the fresher was done, I got in a shower please do note the water was hot, a big plus point. Left for my meeting after having lunch food was decent but not the best one around, I had to return by bread as it was not Hot at all.

Once I returned, I turned on the AC, but after about 3 hours of it being on 16 degrees, it was still pretty hot in the room, i complained and finally had to move to a different room, I was upgraded to the suite, which was not stinking, was relatively bigger not stinking and had a working AC.

Breakfast was cold and really bad, had to order room service which i was assured would be Hot.

So all in all, everything in the hotel is big MINUS, except the staff they have good staff.

For that they get 1 star :)

AND in no way it is a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2011

To be true India, GOA is not the best place for beach vacation. But for India in general it is quite nice place. Quiet and very near to beach. A lot of restaraunts not much expencive.

If you like India nad way Indian treat you is ok for you, then this suite is very nice place to stay. But do not misunderstand Lotus Suites and Lotus Resort. Lotus Resort is located in the same area where all other lotus suits. Lotus resorts is like hotel with service but suites with no service. You ret as apartment. So do not complain that there is not good service. There should not be any service at all. We asked one lady to clean our room 2 times a week for 100 Rs per one clean. We had woshing machine to wash our close and blankets. We had kitchen to cook.

If you want res lke in a hotel, Lotus suites is not for you. Try Lotus Resort. You will get better service. But price different. If lotus suites you can ren as low as 180 USD a week, lotus resort will come to minimum 400 USD a week.

Room Tip: AC or mosquite nets, kitchen, washing machine