“Never again ...”
Review of Lotus Beach Resort

Lotus Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Benaulim
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I booked this resort as it was the first one that came on the google search, I had to book an urgent trip to Goa, and I decided to go for the cheapest and best looking one in the list.

After checking in, they gave me a standard room (which I had asked for), but the room stank really badly, I asked for room freshner and it arrived late. I had to call up twice for the same, once the fresher was done, I got in a shower please do note the water was hot, a big plus point. Left for my meeting after having lunch food was decent but not the best one around, I had to return by bread as it was not Hot at all.

Once I returned, I turned on the AC, but after about 3 hours of it being on 16 degrees, it was still pretty hot in the room, i complained and finally had to move to a different room, I was upgraded to the suite, which was not stinking, was relatively bigger not stinking and had a working AC.

Breakfast was cold and really bad, had to order room service which i was assured would be Hot.

So all in all, everything in the hotel is big MINUS, except the staff they have good staff.

For that they get 1 star :)

AND in no way it is a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 16, 2011

To be true India, GOA is not the best place for beach vacation. But for India in general it is quite nice place. Quiet and very near to beach. A lot of restaraunts not much expencive.

If you like India nad way Indian treat you is ok for you, then this suite is very nice place to stay. But do not misunderstand Lotus Suites and Lotus Resort. Lotus Resort is located in the same area where all other lotus suits. Lotus resorts is like hotel with service but suites with no service. You ret as apartment. So do not complain that there is not good service. There should not be any service at all. We asked one lady to clean our room 2 times a week for 100 Rs per one clean. We had woshing machine to wash our close and blankets. We had kitchen to cook.

If you want res lke in a hotel, Lotus suites is not for you. Try Lotus Resort. You will get better service. But price different. If lotus suites you can ren as low as 180 USD a week, lotus resort will come to minimum 400 USD a week.

Room Tip: AC or mosquite nets, kitchen, washing machine
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Serhioromano
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Great place for vacation, Good Rooms, Delicious food, Have got out door and indoor games. Big Swimming pool and best of all, is its location, Step out of the hotel walk few steps and “The Beach”. I enjoyed a lot. Will surely come here for my next vacation.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gary4U
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My stay at Lotus resorts was truly memorable, beginning with pick up from Airport. I didn’t even realize that it was an hour drive as the chauffer was entertaining us with all the facts of Goa. The staff at the reception was friendly & courteous. I was given a suite to stay and a complimentary bottle of wine. Adding to this was a cake kept to celebrate my wedding which made me feel special. The room had an excellent view of the landscaped hotel garden. The hospitality & services were excellent. Breakfast is good and the arrangement enhances the overall experience. They don’t have a fine dine restaurant however the food served is with the same standards and the quality was also excellent. The boon was the beach. It was very fresh and calm. We had great moments on the beach. The staff was very courteous and graceful. The overall experience was very pleasant and I would positively come again to this place and also recommend this to my friends. Keep up the good work Guys!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank henry_edwards
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We visited the lotus in january and it has to be the worst hotel we have ever been too,we have been to Goa on numerous occasions but have never before wanted to come home on the second day ,the hotel rooms were dirty our room had no windows and we had to ask to change it the staff didnt like this and the second room we got had windows but was very dirty,staff were unfreindly except the gardener and security staff who did speak to us after we said hello,the only good thing about this hotel was the location near to beach where there are numerous nice restraunts and the local village where you can get anything you need

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christine1803
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We were shocked by the low standard of the room we got given what we had paid booking over the internet. The inability of cleaning staff to properly clean our room was mind-boggling, despite speaking to the front desk each day to point out what had not been cleaned. When we checked out in the early hours to catch our flight, the night desk clerk scammed an extra 90 rupees (by overcharging us on the bill but writing up a receipt for a lesser amount). He pretended not to understand anything because he knew we had to leave soon - all part of the nonsense one should expect in a third world country I suppose, but still annoying as we were paying a tariff equivalent to a good hotel in a western country.

The plusses of staying here are all location related. Being within a larger apartment resort that has a nice pool that is clean and well maintained (perhaps they should get the pool guy to clean the hotel rooms?) and its proximity to Benaulim Beach (clean and not over-run like in North Goa) and Domnick's beach shack (great food and drinks and friendly staff).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kenamway
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Visited this place in Feb 2010. South Goa is generally less crowded than North and the Hotel area looked even more calm. Good thing, the beach is closeby and there are some good beach shacks(which I guess, are there at every major beach in Goa). So you can hang around the beach. Second the hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. So you can easily relax in your room. The staff is friendly. The restaurant is a let down, dont expect much. Then actually there is no swimming pool in the hotel. The hotel has taken up few buildings of a large apartment complex and the pool is a common one for the whole complex and not of the hotel.So no privacy there.May be the amount charged is more for the services. If you are there for a quite and peaceful holiday and dont mind going out for your meals, its fine.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benaulim
Joecons Beach Resort
#7 of 15 in Benaulim
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim

Been to Lotus Beach Resort? Share your experiences!