“Perfection. The staff, the food, the rooms. A calm, relaxation I've never experienced”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anjuna
Yogamagic Eco Retreat
Ranked #7 of 65 Anjuna B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 week and we were really amazed at just how great the place was. I had heard good things but my experience surpassed all expectation. The tents are wonderful and cleaned so carefully by an army of lovely indian ladies. The food was superb. Breakfast, eaten with all your fellow yogis and guests was delicately balanced between very healthy mild indian food and some more familiar but brilliantly prepared things like poached eggs on toast. Service was 10/10. The yoga classes were fantastic and the teacher Gita was so helpful and gentle, a real joy which has rekindled my love of yoga. As for the massage by Vishnu! Off the scale, so good. There is an air of peace and calm that permeates even the most stressed, cynical Londoner!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Amie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Thank You Yoga Magic for the peace & serenity.
We stayed in one of the suites and felt like kings.
Particularly enjoyed swimming in the pool watching the eagles fly overhead.
Beach / shops bit of a walk but only 5 minutes (about £2 in taxi)
I am amazed at some of the less positive reviews left on this site.
This place really is really special, granted this place is not cheap but it offers and feels, so much more than anything else we could find in the area.
The people were so charming, so helpful.
Yes there are some mosquitoes (It's India!) but for me no more than anywhere else in Goa.
This is not a hotel, so I guess it may not suit everyone but from what we saw and who we spoke to, this sort of concept is hard to find.
You can do Yoga at thousands of places in Goa but a lot of resorts use the yoga banner when they are not really very yoga.
If you are looking for paragliding and cocktails this place is not for you but if you want Yoga and a little Indian mysticism then this could be perfect for you
Phil, Priya, Sargin and the rest of the team have, in my opinion, really nailed it.
Thanks for everything, Would definitely stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark P
NYC
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It has been over a year since I stayed at Yoga Magic, and I still daydream about our time there. We were there just before the season started, in October, so we stayed in the stunningly beautiful house, before the tents were set up. The meals were perfect. We savored every bite. We ended up traveling for 2 months in India, and felt like the food we enjoyed at Yoga Magic was the best we'd had. The staff were gracious and accommodating. The Yoga and Ayurvedic massages were top notch. The retreat itself was beautiful - the house, the grounds, the pool, and the surroundings. It's not far from the beach - we rented a scooter from them and got around just fine. Can't recommend Yoga Magic highly enough. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hrjp
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am a novice to Yoga and was persuaded to take this trip for seven nights to include yoga and vegatarian food by my partner Caryn. As someone who is used to eating meat (almost daily), I found that there was never a point that I felt it was missed. The owner Phil was a great host and really good company. He took the time out to speak to us about our stay in Goa and advise us on places to visit and see. The room itself (we stayed in a suite) was beautiful and full of old-world character. We had an excellent Yoga teacher, who delivered amazing sessions every morning at 8:30 a.m. which left us feeling not only much healthier but completely energised and elated. Yoga was followed by a delicious breakfast cooked by a the head lady chef and her assistants who we both became very fond of. Tea was always available for us during the day and dinner was served when you wanted it by arrangement. The food was local and mostly organic and tasted divine. We both loved every meal; the wonderful and peaceful location of the place so much so that we extended our stay for two more nights as we just did not want to leave. We will most definitely return and stay there again in future.

Room Tip: Pick either of the two suites, or one of the outside tents towards the back during the season. We d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carinski1
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Sorry but it did nothing for me. Yes the tents are pretty but it is CRAWLING with mosquitos! Everything is outside and when you go for dinner you are a sitting target. The staff in the restaurant were slow to light incense so I was eaten alive and spent several days covered in painful swollen bites which have scarred. I had a treatment while I was there and as it's fairly close to the road, all I could hear were cars in the distance (you're treated in a sort of mud hut) with nasty loud birds fighting on the roof the whole time. The towels were oily and smelly and the showers were muddy and only ran scalding hot or freezing cold. I asked the staff who said the manager knew but it hadn't been fixed. Overall, the only magical thing is that people pay so much to stay here, I think saying Eco is a good way of selling something dirty and of poor quality and quite frankly damned expensive for what you get. Look elsewhere for accommodation and yoga!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
14 Thank Steve M
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friend and I spent two weeks at Yogamagic Eco Retreat in April. It was absolutely magical. Ishi and Phil have created a beautiful, serene, eco-luxe resort that fit every one of my expectations and more. I would highly recommend staying in the tents. It really is a one-of-a-kind experience and although the suites are stunning, there is something to be said about the originality of the tent & outdoor living. The yoga and the meditation in the outdoor shala is so amazing with the breeze, birds and sounds of the outdoors. We found the yoga was a beautiful blend of asana and pranayama (breath work). Even though the group was quite varied in their yoga experience Ishi and Dharma Priya (a guest teacher) it felt like all our needs were met. I must say, THE FOOD WAS DIVINE. Fresh, imaginative, thoughtfully prepared and uber delicious. All I can say is ENJOY! I'm certain this short review does not do Yogamagic justice. You simply must experience it.

Room Tip: Go for the tents! They are beautiful and far more luxurious than you're thinking!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank fosterfam
Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This Eco yogaretreat is a real magic place. Best food, great yogalessons, wonderful people and the owners, Ishi and Phil are the most friendly hosts I know. I will always come back to this beautiful place.

Room Tip: Take a tent and you realy feel India
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kiki G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
The Tamarind Hotel
#2 of 12 in Mandrem
Orritel Village Square
Orritel Village Square
#3 of 65 in Anjuna

Been to Yogamagic Eco Retreat? Share your experiences!