“Piece and quiet”
Review of Casa Anjuna

Casa Anjuna
Ranked #11 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Anjuna
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I arrived on my own in Anjuna looking for an attractive quiet little hideaway close to the beach and that is exactly what I found when I stumbled across Casa Anjuna, The staff were so helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough to make me feel welcome safe and comfortable. Rozer the manager is so lovely and helpful while Jaidau is very attentive and always smiling.

The hotel is very charming and well maintained. It's a five minute walk to the beach and 2 minutes to Anjuna Town.

The next time I am in Anjuna I will be staying here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank cher37
There are newer reviews for Casa Anjuna

Reviewed February 1, 2011

This was my second trip to Casa Anjuna and the stay was as usual, the best as it gets at this place. The staff as usual were friendly and went out of the way to get things done for you. Would visit the property on my next visit and would recommend my friends to do so.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Casa Anjuna is a little jewel hidden in a quiet street in Anjuna. It is a lovely portuguese style hotel with rooms all individually decorated with wonderful period pieces. It has a swimming pool and garden and a nice restaurant. The staff are very friendly and able to help when needed. Casa Anjuna is a five minute walk away from Anjuna beach and a two minute walk to Anjuna high street with all its lovely restaurants and shops. it is ideally located because even though it is quiet you are minutes away from the action. We very much enjoyed our stay there and will be returning. Marina

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank marinam02
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Laid out as a 'boutique' hotel, we found the place pleasant enough but after comparing the price we paid with other hotels throughout Goa it didn't appear to offer anything to justify the 6500 Rupees per night we paid. Infact the quality of the place had parity with accommodation at a quarter of the price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KennyG78
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I and my partner (both in our early 30s) stayed at Casa Anjuna for one week during November 2010. Generally, we had an enjoyable and relaxing stay. The hotel is extremely pretty and set in well-kept gardens with a lovely swimming pool that was always clean (sun loungers available with complementary towels). We had a double room with a comfortable king-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan and shower/toilet. To use hot water one had to wait for around 10 minutes after turning it on; this was not a problem and it would provide for 2 showers. Casa Anjuna is about a five minute walk from the main beach area but as the path is not lit do make sure that you have a torch with you for any night time walks to/from the hotel/beach.

The service was always friendly but unfortunately it was also quite shambolic at times. For example, on several occasions when we ordered food (we had breakfast there everyday, lunch once and dinner once), our orders came with certain parts missing (e.g. side salads, sauces etc.). The waiting staff's reaction when this was highlighted to them was sometimes rather bewildered - some of them clearly had no idea what was on the menu! Other small issues included a lack of attention to presentation; the table cloths were changed once during our whole stay which is never good, especially if you're using white ones that highlight every single stain! And the towels provided in our room, whilst always clean, were a little threadbare in places.

However, these are minor issues as we did genuinely enjoy our stay. But if Casa Anjuna market themselves as a boutique hotel - with room rates that are by no means cheap - then they should do themselves more justice by remedying these small issues. Better presentation (e.g. good quality room towels, changing table cloths immediately when they are dirty) and a bit more attention to staff training would elevate this hotel to the status that such a wonderful location deserves.

Anjuna itself was a relaxing and laid-back part of Goa and we would recommend it. The beaches were not as clean as somewhere like Thailand but the water was warm, the sand hot under foot and the food on offer was excellent. In the area, I can only compare Anjuna to Vagator and Calungute/Baga as these were the other places we visited; it had more to offer than the former and was far less 'touristy' than the latter where we found that there was far more hassle to be had on the beach from people trying to sell you stuff. In addition, at Calangute/Baga there were quite a lot of watersports on offer which, once again, did little in terms of providing a relaxing atmosphere. However, if you like your beaches and surrounding areas to be big and brash then Calangute/Baga is for you.

If you want a week in a chilled-out area with a good beach, a wide choice of food (Indian and Western) and bars to visit in the evening for a few drinks, then Anjuna is for you.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoupellRoamers
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I booked after checking the website where it looked very promising but once i landed at the place I found it very average. The location is very inconvenient. Food is quite good though. Service standards definately need improvement. Their other property Casa Baga is much better - from location to service.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I cannot rave enough about this hotel/guest house. The staff, lead by Gopal and Richard, are friendly, and professional. The attention to detail is world class. I stayed here for 6 days, and was treated like a queen. The location is fabulous - 2 mins. walk to the beautiful anjuna beach, and a miriad of cafe's and bars, but far enough away from the 'action' if you want peace and quiet - which is what I was after. I work in Hospitality, so was looking for a quiet, relaxing piece of paradise, and I found it at Casa Anjuna. Gopal was more than willing to negotiate tariff for longer stays, which, for me, ended up being a bargain for what I would consider to be a 5 star guest house. I will recommend Casa Anjuna to everyone I know! (and I beleive there are guest houses owned by the same group which are of the same calibre. Can't wait to visit them!)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Casa Baga
#5 of 16 in Anjuna
The Tamarind Hotel
The Tamarind Hotel
#2 of 16 in Anjuna

Been to Casa Anjuna? Share your experiences!