“not up to the expectations” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Anjuna

Casa Anjuna
Ranked #11 of 65 Specialty Lodging in Anjuna
expat in Belgium
“not up to the expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

rooms are nice and staff is helpful but the rest is dissapointing. The beach is not really close and the track to go there is dirty and not really nice at all. It advertise as a boutique hotel and the atmosphere could be there but there is a real need for proper maintenance (rooms, towels, pool, sunbeds ...). Anjuna beach is ok but there are clearly much better places to stay in Goa. Unfortunately, we discovered this after staying there for a few days.

There is also a lack in the details for the guests. A detail: is the only hotel in India that charges you for water (no complimentary water in the room). Not crucial but a sign of what is missing. Overall, fine but wouldn't repeat it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I traveled to India last year and for the most part really enjoyed my time in Goa. Compared to Mumbai, Delhi, and Kochi I found Goa to be the most relaxing.

I stayed at the Casa Anjuna for 4 days and the first 3 days were in line with my expectations.

The food was priced at a premium relative to some of the other places in Goa but I felt I was getting slightly better quality than most places. That said my travel partner did feel sick after our first meal here for about 24 hours.

The real negative was when I realized on the last day that money had been stolen from the wallet that I left in the room when I went to the pool. I felt betrayed, especially at a small boutique hotel where I had became familiar with almost all of the staff and actually felt very safe and secure.

I have rated the hotel 2 stars not 1 because if I hadn't been robbed I would have given the hotel a 4, and in case it was just one bad employee that has since left, or been delt with, I would recommend the hotel for it's location and quality.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank Johnny R

Travelers are raving about these Anjuna hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

While Casa Anjuna has all the charms and characteristics of a boutique hotel - they really need to sort out the basics. The room we were first checked into had stained bed sheets and quilts, which were replaced promptly when pointed out however. This should've have been checked beforehand. The bathroom was also dirty and had to request a clean up!
We changed rooms the next day, and there was a lot of power fluctuation - a problem typical to goa - however - all hotels are equipped with power back up. The airconditioning kept going off and on. Late night there was nobody available to sort the issue except a lone watchman who seemed very clueless. We were told the generator would work only for 1 hour - this was unacceptable considering they charged us a full rate which included an airconditioned room.
Finally the pool was super disgusting with a dead frog apart from assorted bugs floating around.
The plus is that its quiet, the garden is beautiful and rooms are done up tastefully. I don't think we'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pick one of the larger suites away from the pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Awesome Place to Stay. Beautiful Rooms with the real touch of Goa in each Room. Great Food. Overall, very good experience. The only negative is the distance from the most happening & nearest beach - Anjuna !

Room Tip: Check out the newly built suite
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank darora123
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Hi,
We went to the place on a recommendation by a friend. The website looked promising but on arrival we soon realized that the place is very poorly maintained.
The rooms were leaking and the place was damp. We switched two rooms and both had leakage problem. While the food is good, the options are very limited. (Esp if you are vegetarian , there is almost none)
The rooms were clean but the corridors and pathways were little dirty and disappointing.

The place is nicely done with antique furniture kind of feel but we feel that a lilttle maintanence can go long way. The staff was very helpful most of the times.

However, we couldnt stand the leakage and therefore shifted out to other hotel. We felt that there were better options avaliable at same price

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gestapo
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

We were booked in for a few weeks but after a visit to the place I opted for an alternate (and cheaper) location for the xmas period. While the residence is a spectacular bit of architecture, I found the place a little too stuffy & 'quiet'; nice if you want to sit down by a quiet pool & read the paper; not so good if you wouldn't mind a few beers & watch kids going crazy & having fun in the water. It's a matter of taste & their prices are questionable over xmas especially. We booked online & be warned about that. While I was within the refund period, the Casa Group first told me (early December) my refund would be "in a week"; two weeks later I was told someone was out of the office and it would be done when they return; then they stopped returning my emails; by january I had left goa & they still wouldn't reply to my emails; then I got a friend in Goa to ring them & they said they were processing it; a few weeks later he called again (no refund) & they said they were trying to contact me (a lie - they have my email address) & needed to check my credit card (a lie - I paid online with my credit card); I got my friend to call again & give my details again. It is now 3 months since they said I would be refunded & I finally got my cash back ($1000 AUD). I suspect if I didn't have locals calling them I would not have got anything back. So book online if you are absolutely sure you want to stay there, otherwise do so at your own risk. A better bet would be to visit the premises while you are there & if you like it, book & stay then.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank steve_king1967
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

I arrived on my own in Anjuna looking for an attractive quiet little hideaway close to the beach and that is exactly what I found when I stumbled across Casa Anjuna, The staff were so helpful and friendly and couldn't do enough to make me feel welcome safe and comfortable. Rozer the manager is so lovely and helpful while Jaidau is very attentive and always smiling.

The hotel is very charming and well maintained. It's a five minute walk to the beach and 2 minutes to Anjuna Town.

The next time I am in Anjuna I will be staying here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank cher37
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Casa Baga
#10 of 110 in Calangute
Casa Colvale
Casa Colvale
#1 of 1 in Colvale

Been to Casa Anjuna? Share your experiences!