Granpas Inn is more than just a B&B or guest house. It is a sprawling Portuguese villa that has thrown its doors open to visitors of Goa. Apparently there’s this old catholic belief in Anjuna that homes are supposed to be single storeyed structures and Granpas Inn has retained it that way. All the suites/hotel rooms are annexes to the main building. They have a large patio with an extended lawn, landscaped into a sub tropical garden with shady trees and other fauna. The patio is wi-fi enabled and visitors can just lounge around listening to reggae or country music, have their grub or just while away their time.The architecture and the decor is undoubtedly what strikes one immediately as one enters inside the hotel. There is even a small bookshelf tucked away in one of the corridors that hotel inmates can borrow books from. The place has this irresistible old world colonial charm where time seems to lazily pass by.
The rooms though not luxurious (which is okay for the tariff charged) are comfortably furnished. The best part is that each of these rooms has a small individual sit-out. (I later realised that the newly constructed pool side suites are more spacious with bigger sit-outs and better facilities, though I am not complaining at all cause all good places in Goa are fully booked during the holiday season and I was lucky to have even found a room in such a nice place.)
The swimming pool is fantastic-clean and well maintained.
The food though not bad at all can do with a little improvement.
The only thing is its not very close to the beach, which can work both ways though. For me it worked because Goa can get crowded during the winter revelry season and I wanted some peace and solitude after all the partying during NY’s eve.
Have to say this Portuguese villa is a hidden gem of a place. Betina- the owner, Mr. Vish, Cecilia and all the staff made it a very pleasant and wonderful stay. Would love to go back for sure and definitely recommend it to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granpa's Inn, also known as Hotel Bougainvillea, was renovated from a 200 year old Portuguese - styled Goan mansion, with a pleasant blend of old world charm & modern comforts. You will enjoy the expanse of our quiet & cool natural age old gardens which conveys an aura of serenity & tranquility. It's a perfect place for a Goan holiday not too far away from the beaches but an oasis of calm from the busy nightlife of Goa. Granpa’s Inn is a family run business since 1988. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Bougainvillea - Granpa's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bougainvillea - Granpa`s Anjuna
- Hotel Bougainvillea - Granpa's Inn Anjuna, Goa