“Amazing food and great hospitality ”
Review of Basilico

Basilico
Ranked #17 of 203 Restaurants in Anjuna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

My friend took me to this place and I was so happy she did. The food and service was simply outstanding. The setting and atmosphere was beautiful and I will be back for sure when I am back in Goa!
Neil UK

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed April 17, 2017

I've not had a three course meal for a long time and one look at the menu made up my mind! Possibly some of the best Italian food I've ever had, yes it was a little bit more expensive but what you get for your money more than makes up for it!

Reviewed March 29, 2017

I was a little disappointed with my visit to this restaurant this time. The waiters attitude seemed arrogant and not really interested in their job . The service was indifferent. The food was definitely not up to the mark. They charged for the bread which was served at the beginning of the meal which is always served complementary . They serve only a choice of Indian wines which in my personal opinion aren't very good. The biggest turn off is that they don't accept credit cards. I think they should be shut down for that. I'm sorry if that souns harsh but in this day and age you must accept some form of electronic payment unless you want to deliberately fly under the radar. Especially since we have just gone through a demonetization process and cash is still a little hard to come by. This will probably be my last visit to this restaurant.

3  Thank Sunil99
Reviewed March 26, 2017

Talk about delicious, authentic, and traditional Italian food in Goa. How do they do it? Honestly speaking, I didn't hold out much expectation wise when it came to finding authentic Italian food in Goa, much less anywhere in India! This restaurant was within feet of my hotel (Casa Anjuna), and as soon as you walked inside, I felt transported back to Italy.
One draw back - the wine! It's okay, not great. But, really, who cares! The food steals the show here.
Be sure to visit this beautiful Italian Restaurant.

1  Thank Paula F
Reviewed February 19, 2017

Hidden away from the main drag in Anjuna, Basilico offers a wonderfully relaxing al fresco dining experience. The kitchen is in the middle of the courtyard and through open windows guests can glimpse the staff working their magic inside.

The amiable waiter arrived with the menus which we studied with ever growing anticipation. The antipasti all sounded tempting and we eventually narrowed our choice down to the sautéed clams, the skewered sesame prawns and the chicken liver pate. The plates arrived together and were a feast for the eyes, nose and mouth. The quality of the ingredients was very good and we savored every bite.

The same held true for our entrée, a large portion of Fritto Misto that we shared three ways. The prawns, squids and carefully filleted sardines were perfectly coated so as to remain both tender and slightly crisp and came with a finger-licking good homemade tartar sauce. Paired with a chilled Chardonnay, what more could we wish for?

But there was more, the finale, a Tiramisu so heavenly we could taste the love in every bite.

We absolutely adored Basilico for the atmosphere, the friendly service and of course the delicious food. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2017