“One of the most amazing experiences ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anjuna
Tantra Beach Shack and Huts
Ranked #17 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Anjuna
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was traveling in India for a couple months before I decided to go to Goa. I went before I planned anything out or had decided where I would stay. I got there and walked the beach with my heavy backpack and went past Tantra which was a large construction of beautiful tree houses and beach huts right against the beach shore. I immediately where I wanted to stay. I asked how much it was to stay and I was happily offered a great price..... especially for this relaxed and spectacular paradise they were offering. After I stayed a week , I ended up staying another, and then another...... I basically lived in a beautiful treehouse with extremely friendly staff, delicious food, and met with people from all around the world for over a month. It's then that I met Kamal, the owner of Tantra who turned out to be one of the more generous and friendly people I had met in all of India. He ended up showing me his other beach hut resort in Goakarna named Nirvana Nature which was amazing, but that's another story! Anyways, I had one of the most amazing times in my life in Anjuna Beach at Tantra. Where else can you be where you can look out across the ocean in your own treehouse eating Malai Kofta and smoking beedi's under the beautiful Goa sky. I can't wait till I have enough money to go back to India where I can see this wonderful welcoming people again. Thankyou so much Kamal and the rest of Tantra!! Sincerely, Elias

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Elias S
Tantra_Anjuna, Manager at Tantra Beach Shack and Huts, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear guest, you were Amazing, so you found, Tantra amazing, I remember, when you were here, you were darling of all guests, who were staying here, as well as of Tantra establishment. Thank you for all the good thing you experienced at Tantra.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Wow!!

Before coming to India I searched frantically for somewhere to stay in Anjuna over the new year period, but everywhere appeared booked or extortionate. On a whim I emailed Tantra & Kamal offered us a treehouse.

Any concerns we had over security were dashed as soon as we saw the place. We fell in love with the treehouse and the whole vibe of the place. They provide lockable trunks for valuables, but in all honesty, there are so many staff around at all times that I didn't worry about our belongings at any point.

We barely had to leave Tantra the entire time we were there as our friends would come visit us and just want to hang out and eat there. The food, the staff, everything about it is wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tantra_Anjuna, Owner at Tantra Beach Shack and Huts, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Jodie, no words of gratitude and thanks are enough to return you about your good words about Tantra. I remember well, when you wrote me first email, expressing your concern about security at Tantra, but your own experience has said it all. Whenever, we are little low, because a guest is unhappy by some reason, and write a negative comment about Tantra, great guest likes you keeps us going with their good spirit and thoughts about Tantra to make us work more positively and to take more good care of guests. Thank you so much.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Unsure where the other people stayed but from our experience I would avoid like the Delhi street food. Rude staff, worst bed have ever slept on. Not fussy (ex military) dirty, smelly sheets, towels. Also all three of us were taking to hospital with the worst good poisoning ever from this place . Ruined our holiday we were all sick for a week solid. DO NOT EAT HERE!!! Please. Spent our last week bed ridden. Cheers tantra for ending stuck in bed! Also there resident taxi driver who was meant to take us to the doctors and wait for 400 rupee left us stranded and took our money. When we asked reception once back he just laughed and played stupid. Worst place ever stayed in Asia . Wait . The world!

• Stayed: November 2013

All we can say about if someone falls sick at Tantra or arrived unwell from elsewhere, then this one small story, I would like to mention ! One Swiss girl brought one 70 year old swiss lady suffering from Parkinson disease and left her at Tantra and disappeared, leaving her alone. She could not walk and hardly and needed continuous attention. I was there, took her to St. Antony's hospital and took care of her as, I was taking care of my own mother, now responsibility came to send her back to Switzerland, called her medical insurance to do something about it, they refused, then called Rega the medical air ambulance of Switzerland, to airlift her to Switzerland, initially they too refused, then called Swiss consulate in Bombay, they shown no interest as well. Big dilemma, what to do, then finally told Swiss consulate staff, that, if they will not take emergency steps to send her back to Geneva, I am sending an email to Swiss external ministry, Bern, about the enaction of all Swiss agencies, who turn their back from their citizen in distress, finally good sense prevailed upon them and then came the air-ambulance at morning 4 am after 5 days and lady was airlifted and reached to medical care in Geneva. No hotel bill was asked, no medical bill was asked, our reward was that she reached Switzerland safely ! I forgotten this incident, but suddenly one day one call came and the same lady spoke to me in whispering voice saying, Tu as sauve' ma vie ( you saved my life) ! Now with above mentioned comment, I am confused that, shall, I trust our own spirit of Tantra, where when an unwell guest arrives and we take care of them as one of our own or the one, written by these guest, who has wrote completely contrary to our spirit. I leave it on our future guest to form their own opinion based on, not only this Swiss lady incident but many more who came sad, unwell and sometime with no money and taken good care, including stay, food, and not charged a penny and arranged free taxi so they could reach back home smiling. My sincere apology to my guest, who wrote this comment, that we were not good. Even if, we are bad, we will try our best to be good. Wish you good health and, I hope journey to India was not that bad all together.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Goa has many beaches but the best beach i found was Anjuna because of its less crowdyness an away from city, less polluted, awsum sea view!! we went there and found this awsum tree house restaurant tantra.... crowded wid good staff and good food availiblity~~! its a good place to stay in goa, affordable, touching the beach!! must visit dis place!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank amo2014

You were awesome guest ! Thanks !

Reviewed December 31, 2013

As i am from fashion industry ..so life remains too much hectic, busy and always rolling on toes........but with always late night parties which makes life a nice blender of fun and rolling coaster.
So, I was looking for a place where i can loosen up my mind, body and soul with tranquillity. After reaching Anjuna beach tried finding a place where i wanted to spend my quality time with my soul.Finally, i discovered place name TANTRA..... Place where atmosphere was harmonious and beautiful.So decided to spent my 6 days and 5 nights at tantra.....Ambience os Tantra was extraordinary beautiful and full of calmness.Huts are full of snugness and shack looks extremely beautiful. Management was also very friendly and was always with smiles.
If you talk about food, Tantra has variety of cuisines and drinks which is extremely delicious and economical too.
So, entirely and thoroughly my stay with Tantra was a blender of bewildering, hushed and relaxing .
TANTRA IS MUST VISIT PLACE..
THANX to TANTRA and its MANAGEMENT .......

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Tantra_Anjuna, Manager at Tantra Beach Shack and Huts, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Guest, if you say so, about Tantra so much good, we accept it with humility and feel more humble. See you soon again.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Tantra, I don't have enough words to explain this place. It is well away from the city noise & pollution, full of nature & peace. It's my favourite get away to refresh my mind & soul...the staff makes you feel so comfortable especially the owner of Tantra, Kamal with a friendly n obliging nature.This place is Affordable, cozy & secure..

• Stayed: December 2013

Awesome guests writes awesome reviews ! Awesome thanks !

Reviewed December 31, 2013

when we arrived in anjuna and walked by the tantra beach shack and huts, we instantly knew, this place was special, and lovely to stay at. The shacks and huts are made with such magnificent details, and the people at tantra are caring and open hearted. Especially kamal, the main-man at tantra shows his interest in his guests, their stories, beliefs and dreams, so we had the chance not only to enjoy a great stay at anjuna beach, but also to make friends for life :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Tantra_Anjuna, Owner at Tantra Beach Shack and Huts, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear friend, Thanks for kind words, its true, that, every guest, who visit Tantra, interests me personally to know to talk and share the discussion and thoughts. You were special, whom, we met again at another place and kept touch. Thanks.