“Had a beautiful Stay..!!”

Orritel Village Square
Ranked #3 of 66 Anjuna B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Had a beautiful Stay..!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed there for four days and really had a good time. Rooms are big and well decorated. I appreciate all the staff right from the doorkeeper to the manager especially the guy, working in the restaurant. They are always ready to help you, which makes your stay more pleasant. You can hire a bike or car anytime and roam anywhere you want. Vagator beach (one of the best beaches in Goa) and fort are very near to this property. It’ll take hardly 10 minutes drive.

They have small area for recreational activities as well, where you can play table tennis, carom etc.

Choice for the food is limited here but it is tasty and they can prepare anything if you inform them in advance. They need to work on it especially for the breakfast. Their service is a bit slow but it’s ok.

Overall it was nice experience. We wanted to stay there little but couldn’t. We’ll definitely go there again for a longer period.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner suite. But, guess all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
london
Reviewed February 20, 2013

we satyed for 5 nights at village square in feb 2013,we arrived at 11pm this place is very hard to find the taxi driver going round and roud after few calls he made then found it, and no one at reception then security man went to wake up the recepetionist waited few mintues and got key for the room,yes the rooms are big but 3 days out of 5 days without hot water complaint but nothing happened,the pool is very nice and breakfast is not very good.the first thing you need a glass of fruit juice and there is no juices at all in breakfast.and around this hotel is nothing you have to walk 2km to shops or sea.

2 Thank gursewak
thevillagesquaregoa, Manager at Orritel Village Square, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Sir,

I hope you are both safely back in London and that you are enjoying the snow and cold weather!

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor about the hotel, we were of course disappointed that you felt we only merited a 2 star rating. I would like to take this opportunity to address your points.

We do state on our website that we are in a village location and 2km from the beach. This is why we offer the complimentary drop and pick up to Vagator Beach every day. There are restaurants within 10 minutes walk of the hotel and the main markets of Anjuna and Arpora are only 10 minutes drive away. As we are new management we realised straight away that we needed more signs to the hotel and these have now been placed at strategic points on the road in bright yellow!

Our breakfasts include fresh fruits of pineapple, papaya, water melon and musk melon which guests are free to serve themselves as much as they wish. We can convert this to fruit juice if the guest requests. Additional to the fresh fruits are cornflakes, eggs of your choice, toast and jams and an indian breakfast of either upma, poha, paratha etc, and of course fresh coffee or tea.

The hot water is from a solar powered system and is plentiful. I have asked an engineer to come and see why we have an intermittent problem with this room. Therefor I can ensure that this system will be rectified soon.

I do hope that we see you again, as you wrote in our visitor's book that you had a lovely time, enjoyed the hotel and hoped to come back.

With very best wishes

Debbie
Manager
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Village Square is a perfect holiday spot and pleasant place to stay in goa. I have plenty of reason to write this review. Usually as a husband i take decision in booking the hotel and planning the things to do in the trip. If something goes bad i will be scold by wife. But this time it was quite opposite, my wife started praising me for booking the room at Village Square because the ambiance, hospitality and the love they showed towards us was really awesome. We stayed for 6N/7D, each day was really enjoyable and u don't even feel like the day is passed off. Few best points from my stay at Village Square.

1) Usually they allow check in at 12pm but as we are bit early by 10am they managed to check-in by 10am itself.
2) The suite was really awesome, it was spacious and peaceful environment.
3) The Swimming pool well maintained and we enjoyed a lot in it.
4) As we celebrated our birthday they had decorated our room with balloons and flowers and got a Delicious cake for us to celebrate our birthday..which was very nice of them
5) have a play area at terrace with TT board, Foosball & billiards which make you to relax and play with your loved ones peacefully
6) The food which they served was really awesome, we loved it a lot.
7) The manager Debbie was really helpful and her hospitality make u feel more comfortable stay.
8) Even during the check-out we were a bit late but they had well managed and given us some space to do our check-out smoothly.
9) Last but not the least, i could see the best smile in my darling's face where she could relax peacefully for such a long period.

Room Tip: Corner Suite was large and spacious
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you are planning to go to North Goa, this hotel is the best place to stay!
I just came back, that is not the 1st time in Goa, but that is the 1st time when I found the hotel where I will definitely return!
1. Clean. When my fiancé and I arrived lovely lady Smita checked us in. When we entered the room in was perfectly clean, but Smita asked a cleaning person to refresh the floor. In other hotels 3,4 stars in Goa where I used to stay, you see hair on the floor and dust. In Village Square - shining.
2. Comfortable and quiet. I left and regret that didn't ask where they buy these mattresses. They are sooo cool! Not too soft and not too hard, just what my back needed after fun day. Moreover, it was so quiet there! When you have fun all day, swim and eat - all I needed during the night - no sound of cars and crowd.
3. NO BUGS! In tropics are lots of bugs - especially roaches and spiders! But not so many hotels realize that foreigners are not used to see them in the room. ))) In this hotel I didn't see even one roach that made my dreams better lol

And finally what I would like to say is that the service was amazing, the kindness of hotel staff was so high that I had a feeling that I know these people for a long time. Thank you Debbie (manager of the hotel, the loveliest lady), Smita - receptionist and the guy from the restaurant (forgot his name).
Thank you for making our days in India!

Room Tip: all rooms are good
2 Thank Natalie S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My first time to Goa. Was traveling with my younger brother. I had a great experience at the Village square. We had a warm welcome by Arish (manager) who checked us in and got us to our room within 5 minutes. The room was brilliant, quaint and functional. Possibly the best sleep I’ve had in a hotel in India, the mattress and pillows were clean & very comfortable. Perfect for some R & R. Debbie (manager) was very personable and the rest of the staff was attentive.
This resort is not your typical 200+ rooms, large noisy types, it is a small and peaceful 17 room resort which is well laid out. With 17 rooms, it makes for a cozy and intimate stay if that’s what you are looking for.
We didn’t have much experience with the food there. The breakfast was sufficient. We got a couple of eggs each made the way we like. The resort is minutes to Vagator Beach and the main strips in Anjuna which is convenient for meals/bars, shopping and entertainment.
I would definitely go back but with a girlfriend instead of my brother( age 26) as he was looking/jonesing for more of a typical Goa party scene/stay. I'm 35 and like to party as well but enjoy coming back to a clean and peaceful environment to rest and rejuvenate. Village square is perfect for that!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roman R
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at Village Square for 2 days, a couple of weeks ago.The rooms were very clean and spacious; the swimming pool was well maintained and large by Indian standards. The bathrooms were the size of full fledged rooms and spotlessly clean.

The manager, Debbie, was extra nice to us and allowed us to check-out well past the normal time. The restaurant food was absolutely delicious and the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. In fact, we got help with renting bikes and plenty of helpful recommendations for places to check out around Anjuna.

Overall, it was a 5 star experience for the price of a 2-3 star hotel and I recommend it without any hesitation whatsoever.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ash297586
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A very tranquil resort with big spacious contemporary rooms, nice food (meal timings are fixed though) and feel at home hospitality. The manager Ms Debbie is very enterprising and is always doing her bit to make the guests' stay interesting. I had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Sarawagi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Laguna Anjuna
#2 of 5 in Betalbatim
Shanti Morada
Shanti Morada
#1 of 2 in Saligao

Been to Orritel Village Square? Share your experiences!