“Amazing tents on the beach”

Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents
Ranked #8 of 68 Specialty Lodging in Anjuna
Toronto
“Amazing tents on the beach”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I went to the restaurant for dinner one night and after a chat with the owner Ollie and a tour of the tents, I decided I must stay. The tents are fairly spacious and come with a really comfortable bed, fan and appropriate lighting. It is a tent so nature may find its way inside(I found a small lizard) but the tents are very clean. The restaurant serves amazing Goan fare. The staff were some of the most welcoming throughout my travels in India. The location couldn't be more convienent, its right on the beach and the Anjuna flea market is a few steps away. If I go back to India, Five Five is most certainly my first stop.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Marmund

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I arrived in Goa on Saturday 8th Jan and was suppose to meet a friend for 8 days travelling up and down the Goan coast. Arriving at 830pm I couldnt get a reception for my mobile and was unable to contact her. I knew it was between the Lillput and Tantra but I didnt know where I was. Anyway I met Goulie and then the lovely Canadian Marnie, who from the first minute were helpful, charming and pleasant.
They invited me to sit down relax, have a drink, and offered me a room if I was unable to find her. I took them up on there offer - the tent was very clean, simple and practical.
I found my friend the next day (who was 50 metres away!!) and moved in with her. We decided to park up at the five five the next day on the beach, which is a brillant spot far enough away from the loud hard techno but close enough to get in the mix if you wanted, only a 4 minute walk in each direction. The rest of the crowd were slighly more civilised and were perfect. The food and service was excellent, very reasonably priced drinks and a good selection of food types. The staff will get involved in a game of beach cricket and are always very friendly and helpful.
Needless to say we ended up spending the entire holiday here, sure we ventured to Baga and Vagator but we just weren't happy with the water, beach and overall environment. They were great hosts and I recommend that you spend some time with them. If you read this Marnie and Goulie, thanks again to you and the rest of the staff - I had a great week and will definitely see you next year

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Asbo73
uk
Reviewed November 13, 2010

hi there
we stayed in these tents last year and they are great they have a european bathroom inside and are quite cool.
the food in th restaurant is great and the staff and owners cant do enough to please you .
ollie the owner will go and collect fresh fish for you every day and present it perfectly cooked to your table.
the atmosphere here is great and to watch the sun go down withyour toes inthe sand drinking a cocktail is luxury.we highly reccomend this place
good luck and enjoy xx

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anjunaangel
new Zealander in England
Reviewed January 14, 2010

If you want a sea view, peace and tranquility, and friendly faces, this is a great place to stop.
My friends had spotted the tents while out and about on their mopeds and spoke to Marnie, a Canadian who works at 5 5. We were staying in Calangute at a hotel, but fancied a couple of days in Anjuna. We booked three tents for two nights, and they were fantastic. Yes they are tents, but they are gorgeous. They are each raised up on a concrete base which has been covered in a wood effect flooring. Very clean and tidy. The tents are double lined so they are kept nice and cool. There is a partition between the bedroom and the bathroom, which contains a fully operational flushing toilet. FANTASTIC. Not like any of the camping I have ever done. ha ha.
The front of the tents have a porch so you can sit outside and look out towards the sea. Any stress you may have melts away. It is truly beautiful. The food and drink at the restaurant is great. I recommend a little honey bee brandy.
The tents are right next to where they have the Wednesday market, so you dont have to go very far to have a look around. Wednesday is a busy day, but the rest of the week is relaxed and peaceful. The staff are lovely, very warm and friendly. It was a true joy to stay there, and I thouroughly recommend you go stay.

xx Julie Doherty (nick named butterfly girl)

• Liked — clean, tidy, comfortable, accommodating
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank butterflygirl_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Laguna Anjuna
Laguna Anjuna
#6 of 16 in Anjuna
Chalston Beach Resort
Chalston Beach Resort
#2 of 113 in Calangute
Colonia Santa Maria (CSM)
Seashell Beach Suites
#3 of 66 in Candolim
Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort
Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort
#19 of 113 in Calangute

Been to Five Five Restaurant and Guest Tents? Share your experiences!