“Great stay, Friendly staff”

Spazio Leisure Resort
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Anjuna
Dublin, Ireland
“Great stay, Friendly staff”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

myself and a friend stayed here for our first 3 days in Goa and it was the best place we stayed in India. Friendly staff that kept us entertained and a relaxing pool where to chill. 10/15 min walk to the beach but overall a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we are truly happy to read such a lovely review from you.

It is our endeavour to ensure that all our guests have a memorable experience with us.

We thank you once again and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Ryan Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Pune, India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at Spazio in the last week of Feb-2014. Here is my detailed review.

- Check in was smooth enough and was quickly guided to the room I had requested which had a pool side view.
- Room size was perhaps the best that I have witnessed in that budget. The pool side view was spot on liked by my spouse as well. Rooms were stocked with Mini Bar and a Safe as well. Neat and clean rooms & bathrooms equipped with a nice sit out area facing the pool.
- Cleanliness: High level of cleanliness is maintained and good room cleaning service, however just one observation the bath towels and linens on day one of check in were of best quality , however the quality went on deteriorating as the stay progressed through the week.
- Service: Two observations here, on Day one of check in itself I had notified the room service folks and the reception about the intercom in my room is unable to dial the reception or restaurant. Despite following up and notifying this to different people throughout my visit, the problem wasn't solved and eventually had to live with it. Didnt feel great at all as had to walk all the way to the restaurant to even order a pot of tea or any food for lunch or dinner. this experience was a liitle bit of turn off for me as it didnt meet my expectations
- Wifi: This one may have been one of the most surprising and non transparent communication I had with the Receptionist (Mr Jameel). On requesting for the wifi passwd, I was given a very wierd response that the amount I have paid will not cover for wifi and I'll have to pay Rs..500/- extra per day. When I was checking the other supporting portals the per day booking cost was less than what I had paid directly to Spazio as part of booking amount for the entire trip. Didnt understand the reason for this differenciation, but again insisted Mr. Jameel to reacheck on his part post which he allowed me to use wifi. the wifi signals are not strong in the rooms but would work well in the restaurant and reception area.
- Bikes: are reasonably prices and available immediately on request. this process was pretty quick and smooth.
- Restaurant: The breakfast buffet although limited in variety was of good quality and managed well by the staff. The service of eggs as per order was quick without too much of wait and that realy pleased us. The food options available in the restaurant although were limited again but whatever you order, rest assured the taste and quality is top notch.
- Swimming Pool: was brilliant and very well maintained. I could witness the staff cleaning the pool everyday which was really nice to see.
- Check out: Check out was smooth and hassle free. the reception staff is available 24*7 which is very good for travelers checking in at odd hours.
- Location: I found Anuna area less croudy compared to Bagha , Calingute or Candolim , however it is much peaceful and the location of this resort is very close the the petrol pumps, beach and restaurants around which realy makes this place a recommended one.

Room Tip: You may want to opt for pool facing rooms. the entrance is from the back side though.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. Your feedback has been noted

Look forward to have you back very soon

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't call this the best hotel experience yet. Here's why:

Let's start with the reception. The guy at the front desk was terribly obnoxious. We were with another couple, who had come to drop us to our hotel. On requesting if our friends could just see our room, they were denied with extreme vehemence. There was a board at the reception that said that Visitors couldn't go up to the guest rooms 'for security reasons'. On asking if my friends could see the room accompanied by us, they were rudely denied.

Next, let's move to the room. Though the room was spacious and clean, with fresh linen and bath towels, and clean bathroom, here's what was missing:

You can't get the WiFi connection in the room. You have to come out to the balcony or Restaurant area to get internet connectivity. There was no cushion for the chair in the room, the dustbins were missing garbage bags, there were no water bottles in the room, no fridge, no menu card, no phone extension numbers for the hotel itself. All in all, one must carry everything of one's own if you're going to be staying here. I've stayed in cheaper and better hotels in the past.

Lastly, with all these inadequacies in service, I'm amazed how they flaunt a TripAdvisor 2013 winner plaque. How in the world could #TripAdvisor offer such an esteemed award to such a poor hotel?

Anyway, all I can say is that you can find better hotels for the same price as this, in the neighbourhood. I highly recommend the Hacienda De Goa resort instead, where we stayed just the night before. You can check out my review of that hotel as well.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PickyTraveller20
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest

The Spazio team sincerely strives to cater to every guest requirement during their stay with us. We deeply respect and value the faith our guests have in us with respect to their stay being ENJOYABLE, SAFE, SECURE and COMFORTABLE. Therefore it is disappointing to read your biased review. Your feedback, however, apart from being dramatic, is also devised to malign the property.

To answer your question on how we are recognized by Trip Advisor, I think you should read all the reviews where over 90 percent of our guests have had a memorable stay with us. To please such a high percentage of guests is success, as in the hospitable industry it is impossible to please everyone.

It would be nice if you and your wife could dwell for a moment on your behaviour and your attitude towards the staff and the demanding nature and fuss created for the 14 hours you were with us. Your Tripadvisor name 'Picky Traveller' does say it all......

I would like to mention one last thing in closing, when one approaches with a negative bent of mind, then the outcome cannot be enjoyable, in this particular case, you chose to spoil your own holiday.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here from 26th Feb to 1st March for my last minute change in honeymoon location. I reached Goa on the day when there was an on going Taxi strike and I was made aware of this a day before my scheduled travel by hotel staff.
On reaching thivim the resort staff guided the rickshaw driver very promptly to drop me at their resort.
The Check-in was very smooth and quick. And I checked in at 12.30pm - so I dont they create a fuss around check-in time if the room is available and ready when you reach.
Staffs were very helpful. I dont agree agree with other average reviews about the breakfast, it was indeed the best complementary breakfast I had till date in Indian hotel or resort, but didn't get time to try to your lunch and dinner. I tried chole bhature, Medu wada, Masala egg and Puri sabji. The chef really makes awesome food.
Overall I would give 9/10 for my overall stay.
Throughout the stay my wife kept on complementing the hotel and services they offer at such a competitive price.

The only negative point was the AC in my room which was making quite a lot of noise which I think must have been rectified by now.

Service, resort decor, cleanliness worldclass.

Close to Anjuna, Vagator, Charpora beach and Club Cubana

I would definitely like to stay here again and will recommend this to all the friends and family in mumbai.

Truely a value for money

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Spazio Leisure Resort during your recent holiday to Goa. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive feedback with regards to our property, staff, service and restaurant is very inspirational to all of us. We are also grateful for your positive comments on our team for their efforts and their friendliness. I will be very happy to share your feedback with the entire team.

It is our constant endeavour to delight our valued guests with memorable holiday experiences.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Goa and to Spazio Leisure Resort.

Pune, India
Reviewed February 28, 2014

It's a great place to stay with your friends or even if you travel as a couple. Rooms and swimming pool are very clean and the hotel provides good service. There are lot of good places to spend your day namely Anjuna Beach (5mins walk ), Ozran Beach (15-20mins walk), Vagator Beach, Candolim Beach, Calangute Beach, Baga Beach and Aguada Fort. All the mentioned places are within 25 kms. You can definitely ask the reception for Bikes which cost around 250 Rs / day and if you want to roam outside Mapusa like Panjim you can request for helmets which is mandatory on highways and is included in your bikes fare. Grocery store and local shops are very near within 2 mins walk and I would recommend to try food at local restaurants.

Cons : Our room package included breakfast, but unfortunately there were very limited options in Breakfast Category. It could be much better.

Room Tip: All rooms are pool facing so you could choose any of them.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Spazio Leisure Resort.

I am delighted that you and your wife were able to enjoy your time at our resort and were bale to participate in various activities around the area. It is a combination of our location and these unique activities that make Anjuna and Spazio Leisure Resort a destination within itself.

I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days and I was delighted to see the cleanliness of the rooms and the entire resort area. The rooms were big sized with fresh coloured walls. All the rooms have balcony facing poolside and it offers a good view specially in the evenings. The stay was peaceful and place is quite accessible from various beaches in North Goa. There are lot of eateries nearby if you do not prefer eating at the resort restaurant. The pool was clean and well maintained.
The breakfast had good spread and we enjoyed our stay there. I would strongly recommend this hotel for people loving clean, neat & peaceful place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

We take great pride in providing the best of services at a competitive price to our valuable guests to ensure they carry back fond memories.

I can’t wait to welcome you back for another refreshing & enriching experience at Spazio Leisure Resort in the near future

Best regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

It had most rude service I have ever seen. We had gone for sunburn and had friends staying over in different hotels. They would not allow them to enter the hotel to relax with us during the day. Although we had a bill of Rs 45,000 they still wanted us to pay extra Rs 150 for a broken glass. I am quite amazed how are they rated so highly on trip advisor. All 5 of us staying there felt this was our worst hotel experience specially in Goa.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Aditya S
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Are you sure you stayed with us??? We cannot find any record of your stay. Please mail me your booking voucher or confirmation to info@spazioleisureresort.com, so I have some proof that you stayed here as in our records there are none!!!!!

We would definitely not forget a guest who runs a tab of Rs 45,000/-. I do find your review suspicious as you have not spoken anything about your stay in general.

I hope its not the 'Sunburn' effect : ) :) Look forward to receiving your 'Proof of stay'

Regards

Ryan Rodrigues
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
#1 of 16 in Anjuna
Villa Anjuna
Villa Anjuna
#6 of 16 in Anjuna

Been to Spazio Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!