“My second visit...and will go back for a third!”

Spazio Leisure Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Anjuna
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“My second visit...and will go back for a third!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was the second time we visited Spazio, that too including the insistence from my 5 year old daughter wanting to stay there this time around with her best buddies. All the girls had a great time. The cleanliness and hygiene is still very well maintained. It is a very home like atmosphere. The staff from last year's visit were still around and all greeted & treated us very warmly even remembering our last visit. Each one of them was very helpful and willing to guide us around from places to visit to things to eat.

The layout and the pool is the best part - it is really very calm, private and secluded - and not to forget the quaint little restaurant 'portico'. A lot of improvement this time on the food front. And of course a lot of awesome memories that we took back....thanks to THE ENTIRE TEAM!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anushap8
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very happy to know that you had a more enjoyable time with us on your second trip.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your friends. Like you have rightly pointed out - Yes, Our Cuisine has definitely improved and we will also be showcasing quality entertainment to our guests.

I look forward to your return with your kids and your friends in the near future.

Best Regards,

Ryan Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at Spazio with family and friend , we were a group of 8 adults and 3 children. The hotel is so well maintained with super clean rooms, awesome layout, calm and very quaint. All rooms have tiny patios facing the pool and that is the best part cause you can just get out of the room and directly take a dip in the pool. The rooms are spacious with basic amenities comfortable bed, hot running water and Acs. The staff is the most important asset of this place and so is the owner Ryan. They cater to all your needs with a smile on their face. The location too is a plus point and we hired our bikes through the front desk and it was so flexible for us for the days we stayed. The kids had a whale of a time just staying in the pool all day long.
Now for the Restaurant PORTICO
It needs a special mention cause , though the menu is limited , the food they served us was excellent and very healthy. Mikea, Edwin, Clifford, Gail you guys are doing such a wonderful job, I wish you all the very best . The breakfast is limited but mouthwatering. They have karoke nights , rock and retro music nights, so there is something for everybody here.

Most importantly the service is so personalized and this personal touch and friendly service is so much more endearing than the luxuries in the five star hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

Our location along with the warm and efficient hospitality of our team makes Spazio Leisure Resort a unique retreat in Anjuna. I am pleased to read that you found the experience enjoyable and we are truly humbled by your recognition.

I am glad you enjoyed our entertainment at the restaurant and for the season we will be introducing new concepts which will ensure that our guests have a great fun time at the resort

Look forward to seeing all you once again

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is clean and offers a serene stay. Though, the behavior of the staff members is really poor, horrible i should say. They must be taught to behave properly with the customers. The pool is out of reach at almost all times because of various tantrums thrown by the staff. When you are on a trip with friends, you cannot expect comments from the hotel staff like " these students" and whatever!! All of us work and they have absolutely no reason to be impolite just because its the off- season. Food was good and so were the rooms. The ac's function in a funny way! The last but not the least, they charged 1100 INR for a gravy stain on the duvet cover which after a lot of argument they had to withdraw! It is just horrible how the hotels function differently in the off season.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank reviewschandreyi
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. To clarify on what you have written- we do have policies at the resort which need to be abided at all times to guarantee satisfaction to all guests

Jumping in the pool at 1am is totally not acceptable. When you were requested not to do so, you still went ahead and jumped in again at 3am. We insist that all guests should wear proper swimwear when using the pool, as its a matter of hygiene. Jeans, cotton t-shirts etc are not allowed in the pool.

We provide clean and quality linen to ensure comfort of all our guest - If our guests choose to use the bed as a dining table and soil it with gravy etc....what more can I say

Its sad that you did not enjoy your stay with us - We can be flexible but not in circumstances such as above

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed there with my wife in March for a few days & loved the layout / setup from the 1st moment I set my eyes at this place. Very peaceful & calm place..away from All that noise... Loved the rooms...very comfortable & very clean. Service was also very good. Good value for money as well. A few minutes away from that awesome beach. Will definitely be visiting this Resort again when next in India.

SUNIL
(LONDON,UK)

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SUPERTOPS
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Spazio Leisure Resort.

I am delighted that you and your wife were able to enjoy your time at our resort and were bale to participate in various activities around the area. It is a combination of our location and these unique activities that make Anjuna and Spazio Leisure Resort a destination within itself.

I look forward to your return.

Best regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Thanks to Mr.Rodrigues ! His dedication to his resort can be seen by the way it is maintained ! Amazing hygiene ! Very peacful and green ! Great location !
All the staff were friendly and helpful !
Thanks to Namrata for her service in restaurant !
I am sure we will be back again !
Keep up the great job !
Rgds.,
Rajnish

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rajnish c
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable holiday and the team was able to exceed your expectations while at Spazio Leisure Resort

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

New Delhi
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just back from Goa and had a lovely stay at Spazio. To get to the point let me immediately get to the Pros and Cons. Starting with the Pros:
1) Spotlessly Clean - The resort and its staff are always there picking every leaf, every spec of trash or cleaning or mopping the floors. The rooms are done cleanly by the time you are back. The pool although small is cleaned I think twice or thrice in a day. My kids were using it and I had no trouble with any rash or other issues
2) Swift Staff - The housekeeping staff is quick to react. I had some small issues with ants in one of my rooms and they were quick with repellents and room fresheners. The restaurant staff is again quick to get you tea etc. if you want room service. Let me add that I went in the offseason and with maybe lesser occupancy they had more time on their hands. I would assume in season they do ramp their staff. Again the plus point from reception to housekeeping, they were all smiling and I did not have any issues with them being averse to performing their duties. Being a small boutique resort, most of the staff is multi-skilled and knows almost everything about everything and this can be an advantage. Full marks to also Tavern runners Edwyn, Namrata, (Forgot the name of Edwyn's wife)
3) The Resort - in itself is a nicely done piece of architecture. Cleanly laid, my kids had a whale of time in the small pool. We had 2 interconnected rooms with a small patio type area facing the pool. It was fun sitting in the area and facing the cool monsoon breeze during mornings.
4) Taxi - The resort has a good setup with a taxi company and their cabs are clean, drivers on time and well behaved. Our driver Sachin especially was wonderful. If you are a family, and have a budget to spend about 1500-2000/day (during off season) in a AC cab (and believe me its still economical), the hotel can guide you well.

Cons
Again, as I mentioned earlier this is a small boutique value for money resort and if you are expecting some privileges doled out in bigger places, you would be disappointed. However let me lay out what I say as the pros per my experience:
1) The Kitchen - Ok, this has been raised many a times in multiple reviews in TripAdvisor, but yes its an issue. The 6 days I was there, apparently their cook was unwell (all 6 days) and a makeshift person (the wife of Edwyn who was running the Tavern) was cooking the morning breakfast which of course was limited to anything to do with eggs (Again not her fault and they did their best). The breakfast menu was typically toasted breads, corn flakes, and poha or bhaji. They have a smallish room service menu consisting of continental items but not many were available owing to non-availability of cook. If you are a family with kids, who maybe prefer home food or say the north India type of food like paranthas etc., you would have to make alternate arrangements. I must say that while I knew about the small kitchen, I was disappointed with the breakfast.
2) Road outside - A fallout of the non-availability of room service items and proper restaurant, on days we were in the resort, we had to walk down to a nearby place called Eatopia which is a multi-cuisine place. Not sure if Ryan can do something about this, but that stretch of 5 minutes is completely dark. During off season, there are no better restaurants in the vicinity.
3) Anjuna Beach - OK the nearby Anjuna beach is like a 10-15 min walk (depending on how fast you walk), is basically a rocky beach. Of course its beautiful in its own sense, but don't expect a sandy beach. For that you need to go to South of Anjuna (which has the awesome shack Curlie's). That is not walk-able and can be reached in a cab or in a 2 wheeler.

Some quick pointers:
1) The Resort can also be reached via Anjuna police station on one side
2) Vagator beach is about a 10 min ride. Curlie's or South of Anjuna is also a 10 min ride
3) During season, there are a no. of eateries (to be reached by cab or 2 wheeler) which can also be visited - Burger Factory, Dominos, Cafe Lambretta etc.
4) ATMs are many, the nearest being HDFC near Anjuna
5) Oxford Arcade is a supermarket about 3 mins walking distance from Spazio, open from 830 AM to 830 PM.

However, to sum it up, clean resort, cute goan architecture, within the limited food options we had, all were of good taste, great team...I am sure Ryan is already working on the feedback and is aware of some of the areas to work on..

Room Tip: All rooms are pool facing. The ones on the ground floor are interconnected so helpful if you are fam...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelPoddar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Spazio Leisure Resort.

I am happy to note that you found our team attentive, felt that they looked after you well and you were comfortable with your stay with us. Yes, we are not perfect and constructive feedback does provide us the opportunity to improve and ensure that our guests are happy

We aim to better our services and be the preferred resort when guests want to stay in Anjuna

Thank you for your comments and I look forward to your return

Granada, Spain
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This place is clean, When i arrived staff were so helpful and friendly, and took us straight to my room which was a big ,bright, clean & poolside room with very comfortable bed .Its a 10 minute walk to the anjuna beach , breakfast was ok but any way ai enjoyed my stay & definitely i will stay there when ever i go to Goa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Chiku T
ryanrodr, Owner at Spazio Leisure Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for having posted your "Excellent" review on trip advisor!

It is indeed a pleasure to read such positive,encouraging comments about the property and our dedicated staff

We look forward to having you as our guest yet again and and experiencing the same warm hospitality.

Ryan Rodrigues
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Jasminn by Mango Hotels
Santana Beach Resort
Santana Beach Resort
#3 of 66 in Candolim
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Goa - Arpora - Baga

Been to Spazio Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!