“Wonderful Place and Highly recommended”

Hacienda De Goa Resort
Ranked #1 of 66 Anjuna B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful Place and Highly recommended”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I took a 4 day side trip from Bangalore to this great little hotel and will definately be coming back. Both Thomas and Chandra are fabulous hosts and all of the staff are very friendly. Having a restaurant that serves great food is another plus. Everything is very clean, well-maintained and the gardens and pool add to that oasis feel in the middle of the countryside. That doesn't mean you are out in the middle of nowhere, just in a nice quiet area. Rent a moped and venture out and explore and then come back to relax and it is that relaxing here. Sad to leave, but I will be back.

And don't foget to get a picture around the Hugging Tree!

Neil Anderson

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank W_Neil_Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 25, 2013

As a single female traveller Hacienda de Goa is the perfect place to stay. I was travelling to India for the first time, and didn't really know what to expect. I spend a horrible first night in Baga, so arriving the next day to this hotel was absolutely amazing. The owners - Susan and Thomas - are so sweet and helpful, and absolutely know what it takes to run a great hotel - which is a rare thing in India, I found. They are extremely professional and also made me feel safe and so much at home. The restaurant, Mr. Lenny and the staff, were also very attentive and I had some excellent dinners there. Generally, all people working at the resort were just really sweet and helpful. The pool is - as I think I read somewhere else here - definitely the cleanest pool in Goa, and is really nice to have, when you come back from a day on the dusty roads. The rooms and the beds are very comfy and not to hot during the night. I was actually able to sleep without having the aircon running. Would recommend this hotel anytime. You should know though, as with many others places in Goa, the restaurants and beaches are not within walking distance, so it's an advantage to have a car or a bike. However, the taxis are really cheap, so I managed without problems. If I come back to Goa, I will definitely stay once more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank nanahj
Bronx, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

1. Excellent customer service, great looking property.
2. Rooms are spacious, clean and neatly done,
3. New property, so looks amazing still.
4. The swimming pool is wonderful.
5. The restaurant - only had breakfast, and was delicious. Try the American breakfast and the French toasts.
6. Thomas and Susan were excellent hosts and gave us valuable insights, reastaurant suggestions.
7. Taxi, Car, Bike rentals could be easily arranged by hotel.
8. Very near Vagator and Anjuna Beach.
9. Need a bike or taxi - 5 mins. Walking not suggested, but if you do walk will be around 20 mins.
10. Try Curlies (shack) in Anjuna - real nice. And go for sunset+dinner in Thallassa - in Vagator.
11. Very close to Saturday night narket and Anjuna flea market.
12. Not far from Baga, Calangute as well.

Overall, really liked the resort and will definitely go back. If you want to stay in peace and away from the crowd, this is the place for you. Ideal for couples and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayTua
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at Hacienda de Goa over Chrismas 2012 and had a wonderful stay. Firstly a lovely welcome from Susan and Thomas, the owners, and then our cases carried to our room, which was spotless, well appointed with TV, A/C, Fridge, Kettle and complimentary drinks and even a clothes horse to put our washing on, which dried instantly on our balcony. The bed was lovely and comfortable, two doubles together giving you that extra space to sprawl out and chill. The bathroom was spotless with complimentary toiletries and nice size shower. The resort was always kept to a very clean high standard and all the staff without exception were helpful, friendly and smiley!!! The restaurant food was excellent and poolside was lovely too - the manager Lenny was lovely and ran an excellent restaurant and really took pride in it. This resort is a definite must to stay at if you visit Anjuna and very much deserves its high reputation. My advice to Susan and Thomas? Change nothing - it's perfect!!! Many thanks for a wonderful stay and look forward to our next visit. Suzy and Colin. x

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzy1963
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was my first trip to Goa and thanks to this hotel it was a good one. We stayed in Suite C-1 which was a well appointed multi-room apartment with self catering facilities. This is a very well maintained family run resort set in manicured gardens. The swimming pool was like something out of an expensive tourist brochure - clean and quiet with a great atmosphere. Breakfast was a choice of American or Continental with all the side extras if you wanted. We found the American breakfast very hearty despite the peanut butter. After breakfast we lounged by the pool until the early afternoon when we went to the beach. I can't comment on dinner as we were out every evening. I could easily spend a couple of weeks at this hotel.

Room Tip: We had the suite by the pool. It was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at Hacienda for six nights during christmas holidays. We got a 1 bed room suite which was spacious and clean and just what we were looking for. Service was excellent, the place is managed by the owners (Thomas and Susan) who were very helpful and friendly. The restaurant on the premises was clean and the served fresh food. We felt very much at home thanks to the hospitality extended by Thomas and Susan. They were so thoughtful there were even little presents under the tree for our children (and other children staying there during our stay) on Christmas morning! We had one of the most relaxing vacations ever. My daughter put it simply while checking out "next time we come to Goa we know where we are going to stay!"
Thank you Thomas and Susan for a truly great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nk1969
Encinitas, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My stay at Hacienda de Goa was definitely one of the highlights of a month-long trip around India. I was originally planning to stay for three days, but ended up staying 11 nights, and had an absolutely fantastic experience. The owners are genuine, kind, and extremely helpful-- my time in Goa wouldn't have been nearly as positive without their assistance and recommendations. Hacienda de Goa is a first-class operation, and the entire staff is to be commended-- I was always greeted with a smile, and everyone was genuinely concerned about my well-being (without being too intrusive or over the top, which is a delicate balance I've learned to appreciate tremendously when traveling abroad). The food in the restaurant was delicious and always perfectly prepared, not to mention the service was professional and outstanding. I look forward to returning to India with my family, and I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in Goa after the extremely positive experience I had at Hacienda de Goa

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Spazio Leisure Resort
#1 of 16 in Anjuna
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#1 of 65 in Candolim

Been to Hacienda De Goa Resort? Share your experiences!