“Fantastic little resort in North Goa”

Hacienda De Goa Resort
Ranked #1 of 66 Anjuna B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Fantastic little resort in North Goa”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at Hacienda for six nights during christmas holidays. We got a 1 bed room suite which was spacious and clean and just what we were looking for. Service was excellent, the place is managed by the owners (Thomas and Susan) who were very helpful and friendly. The restaurant on the premises was clean and the served fresh food. We felt very much at home thanks to the hospitality extended by Thomas and Susan. They were so thoughtful there were even little presents under the tree for our children (and other children staying there during our stay) on Christmas morning! We had one of the most relaxing vacations ever. My daughter put it simply while checking out "next time we come to Goa we know where we are going to stay!"
Thank you Thomas and Susan for a truly great stay!

1 Thank nk1969

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Encinitas, California
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My stay at Hacienda de Goa was definitely one of the highlights of a month-long trip around India. I was originally planning to stay for three days, but ended up staying 11 nights, and had an absolutely fantastic experience. The owners are genuine, kind, and extremely helpful-- my time in Goa wouldn't have been nearly as positive without their assistance and recommendations. Hacienda de Goa is a first-class operation, and the entire staff is to be commended-- I was always greeted with a smile, and everyone was genuinely concerned about my well-being (without being too intrusive or over the top, which is a delicate balance I've learned to appreciate tremendously when traveling abroad). The food in the restaurant was delicious and always perfectly prepared, not to mention the service was professional and outstanding. I look forward to returning to India with my family, and I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else in Goa after the extremely positive experience I had at Hacienda de Goa

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed in Hacienda for a week with my parents and had the most amazing time there. Rooms were so spacious and comfortable that we hardly felt like going out!!! The place looks really magical at night and i loved every bit of it:) I rarely give great reviews but my stay here was so awesome that it would be unfair not to say anything. The pool always looked so tempting that i wanted jump every time i passed by it.
But the biggest treat there was the food. Yummy yum yum!! Mr. Thomas made us a suckling pig roast one night which easily goes into my list of top 5 things i have eaten in my life. It was just so tasty that by itself made my stay there worth it;) I eventually ended up eating in the resort most of the time.. Great place for a family vacation!! Highly recommend it for anyone who wants to have a peaceful, leisure time in Goa.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Thomas, Susan and family, firstly, thanks for making us sooo welcome. My children loved the resort and Gail and I loved your hospitality. It is rare indeed when you are made to feel like part of a family but this is just what happened when we chose to spend Christmas at your place.
The whole resort is homely and built from Thomas' masterplan. The pool was well thought out, with a seperate (but connected) kids pool and a refreshing deeper pool for pre dinner plunges.
Lenny and his team run a tight ship in the kitchen, As people have commented, the menu is small, but that just means each dish is well made and delicious. There are so many places to eat nearby this was never an issue anyway, it made us more adventurous and we explored all teh wonderful places to eat nearby - Thalassa - heavenly, La Plage - OMG the best food I've eaten in years (thanks for the tip Susan)
As for the distance from the beach, well, they just meant we took the plunge and rented a scooter, with the roads around the resort relatively quiet the family had a ball on our daily trips to Vagator (great little quiet bits for the kids) or Anjuna (crazy, seedy hustle and bustle for the more adventurous).
We miss it already, I'd say, if you want to listen to Doof Doof from neighbouring beach bars than give Hacienda de Goa a miss. If however you want peaceful ambience, caring hosts and lovely surrounds to kill off a book or two than Hacienda de Goa is for you!

Room Tip: The resort is pretty small so almost all rooms are close to the action - well pool,
1 Thank Bruce T
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had a stay @Hacienda for 2 days during the Sunburn festival, the staff and hospitality are extremely nice. The atmosphere was very calm and peaceful, and the best beaches are closeby.
The best part about the hotel was the breakfast, which was very satisfying.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 20, 2012

As decribed by fellow bloggers, its true that the resort is away fromm the beach. But nowhere does it mention to be a beach resort. Though the entry to this resort is a little off marked but still the moment you reach the main car deboarding point, its a different view and looks altogether.

FRONT OFFICE / RECEPTION - Looks more like a reception of an 80's hotel with all gadgets like fax machine, bussiness centre, etc acitivities in place with the charming grace of Ms Susan Thomas, Co Owner of the place. Thanks to her - our check in took all but 2 minutes as we were prebooked. Somehow one can understand and agree that you are in for some old world kind of hospitality.

ROOM - It was a suite overlooking the pool. A superb location. the MAIN DOOR LOCK kept getting JAMMED and throughout our stay, we had to throw our keys to the service staff from the balcony to get us out. The room comprised of a KITCHENETTE - with basic facilities, LIVING ROOM - seating was a tad uncomfortable, BED ROOM, BATHROOM and VANITY WARDROBE.

BEDROOM - In a suite how can one place a twin bed. Just cannot understand the philosophy of it. Perhaps a King Bed in place of it would have been a saving grace. Pillows are really uncomfortable and all four are comparatively of different density material. There are way too many switches to operate which not only is confusing but irritating as well. No switch is labelled so you have to hit and trial every time you have to switch on or off anything.
They only provide room making services. Turn down services are not provided at all. So if you leave all the lights closed in the day, you will enter a dark room in the night and bump into furniture to find your way through. Then do up the curtains and fight with the blanket pouch to take it out.
BATHROOM - The bathroom is equipped with basic toiletries. The handwash liquid soap is never changed. On our stay for 10 days, we caught the housekeeping staff diluting the same with water....lolz. The bath tub is at a raised height. There is a definite chance of slipping as for the floor height difference.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE - The menu for food and beverage though not very long is pretty mediocre. Not many choices though. Perhaps one can think of doing a lot many items from the same inventory of ingredients. They served us morning tea with coffee powder added as well .. Though the real coffee is pretty mediocre too. The service is slow but goes well with the resort. The restaurant timings - oops the Room Service timings are from 8 am to 930 pm. So once they are shut, you cant even get water. Not that is just not done. The ordertaker is very rude and just doesnot understand the idea of hospitality. I remember calling them at 9 35 pm and asking for 2 bottles of water - and him telling me," BOSS, IT'S CLEARLY MENTIONED THAT WE SHUT AT 930. HOW CAN I SEND WATER NOW? ITS NOT POSSIBLE." Hello, what happens if any guest checks in at night and needs food?
There are many such instances I would say but only saving grace are the owners - Mr and Ms Thomas. If this place is running well, its only because of them. But they too cant cover for everything.
Do I stay here again? A yes for the room stay but would not eat there as the room and food service is too mediocre.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank virtualcritic
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights at the end of our India holiday and were told on arrival that we were getting an upgrade. The suite was amazing - living room, large bathroom, kitchen and bedroom with walk in wardrobe. We felt really looked after by the owners and all the staff were very pleasant too. It was a little off the beaten track but this did not worry us too much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anjuna
Spazio Leisure Resort
#9 of 110 in Calangute
Premier Inn Goa Anjuna
Premier Inn Goa Anjuna
#1 of 16 in Anjuna

Been to Hacienda De Goa Resort? Share your experiences!